• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
that looks great tbh.

Is there a known story behind why Lawrence Fishburne wasn't asked back? Seems like that's clearly supposed to be Morpheus.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
It's just the same old, same old with modern looks that somehow look worse than the original.

That trailer certainly is cool, but that's 90% because of the music and quick cuts.

Matrix is one of those movies that should have never got a sequel IMHO.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Day one baby!
If Jessica Henwick dies in this, I'm going to be pissed. Her character looks dope.

Gorgamel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great.

One question I do have, is how will they explain Trinity being alive and Neo's burned off eyes? I hope they keep him as a "blind messiah" type figure outside of the Matrix.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
so how does he get his eyes back in the real world

E-2IvmHWEAAmLP_

because in this shot he doesn't have them

E-2IwbtXEAILYks
A new clone body?

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
Maybe Yahya Abdul-Mateen is playing Morpheus's son? Grew up hearing tales of the mythical Neo, and now has to re-awaken him. I like the idea that this could be set far in the future, with Neo and Trinity just existing as digital data in the matrix with no bodies to return to.

Also, this trailer got me in the mood to rewatch The Game for some reason...

Ha that was one of the best scenes in the film. What an underrated movie. It also has that same color grading as the original Matrix.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Matrix MMO is the only Matrix media I never got round to experiencing. I'm gonna need to read a lengthy summation of the story. Just in case any of it is still canon!

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Young Morpheus, interesting.

I.. am pumped

The visuals look great, but tonally it is different to the first 3 movies, though that is just off the way this trailer is cut. But also I guess they had to do that.

I'm actually pretty bumbed Don Davis didn't return for the music. His score is godlike in the trilogy.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
Screenshot-2021-09-09-141623-Copy.png

Whoever made the trailer did a good job with the music arrangement and this shot. It's captivating. It looks like Neo gets a flashback to the opening scene in first The Matrix. One of the best scenes in the first movie.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Woah, can't wait for this. Was worried they would butcher it but so far so good. Am hyped for this for sure.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
I wonder if Keanu look is tied to the plot, seems like that in the Matrix he's not in "his" body but in someone else.

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
An idea I didn't know if I would like till I saw the trailer - and I do like - is The Matrix looks like "Stock Footage" (Perfect time of day, saturated colors, super clean, etc.); the 21st-century version of a 'fake' reality.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
My theory is they've managed to put Neo and Trinity back in and they are controlled under the next loop things are the same but different.

The audience is the oracle this time.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Great trailer the color shifts between day and night really stand out the daytime has a creepy artificial look to it, the music choice was perfect and that cast whew...IMAX opening night.

Urðr

Aug 13, 2020
For some reason the teasers looked better, so this full trailer was kinda disappointing. I'll watch it, but I don't have high expectations.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
First thought was it doesn't look distinct at all. Second thought is that all the action and gimmicks shown in the trailer we've seen already in the previous Matrix movies. So hopefully there's a lot more to this than we're being shown, and hopefully the script is good with unique ideas and twists (I know nothing if there's been leaks).

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
My theory is this takes place like 500 years in the future and a digital echo of Neo is awakening or whatever and nothing you see in the trailer is whatever the real world looks like

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I really dug the trailer.

I did notice that in one shot with Neo in the real world, it shows that his eyes are burned, so it looks like it'll be picking up right after Revolutions? Or maybe not, I have no idea what's going with this movie, and I find that to be pretty exciting.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Little teaser trailers looked better for some reason. This looks less interesting than the sequels imo.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
it seems like its another version of the matrix, with its own support for the one in it, so that means a young merovingian (that guy in the end telling neo hes going back to the matrix after years), a young oracle (the woman with the alice book), young morpheus, etc.

Trinity seems to have survived and put back in the matrix to force neo to go back to sleep in the matrix to be with her and not mess with the machines in the real world. But he of course wakes up and chaos insues.

I am more hyped for this than I thought I would, cant wait. Will make an effort to see it in the movies, will be fully vaccinated by then.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer was so much better than what I was expecting. I'll allow myself to be slightly more optimistic about this...