Do you think the general public understands Dreams and its tools as a premise?

• Yes, it’s use as a building tool is easy to see for the general buyer

Votes: 171 34.5%
  • No, it is complex beyond being a game and hard to understand how it will sell to general buyers

Votes: 325 65.5%

• Total voters

Stimpack

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the general public would understand it, but I don't think the general public would care even if they did.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Limitations can provide direction and a common "language" in terms mechanics. Mario Maker specifically is good at this bc of the Mario history.

Sure but they will market it with an understandable core (cat girl looks to be the mascot), you will be able to filter for different types of games, and the core appeal of the software is that it's a full creativity suite. There's nothing hard to market about that. Just go one level more direct than this.

Market it as the easiest and most fulfilling thing ever to realize your ambitions and experience others. Democratizing game creation to the average person. Market it as an exciting boundless experience and almost like you'd market a toolchain suite (because that's what it is).

Last edited:

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No it doesn't. I still suggest caution before jumping in blindly.

Your entire point has been refuted. MM has never half assed anything nor pulled the plug early on their products and this is their big game years in the making since LBP2 and Tearaway. Sony is NOT going to half ass this.

Last edited: