• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
This sure is some great Star Wars content I'm watching atm.

"General Grievous, you're shorter than I expected."

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
DNS propagation issues? They're on BAM tech, not Amazon S3. I guess? Azure? Open Connect and AWS are joke.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, episode disappeared on my iPad. I was going to cast it but it's just gone now.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
why is the ipad app so fucking shitty????

if i download the episode, i get errors streaming it to my TV via apple tv

but if i stream it, it works fine? wtF?

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
Is Episode 3 not showing up for anyone else? I literally just tried both the browser and PS4 app and it's not up. I know it's still early in launch but I shocked at how broken this service is.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Holy shit what an episode. Great world building and also some spectacular action. My god, when the calvary came:

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I too need to get me one of those
tenor.gif

Deleted member 3758

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was a decent episode. This one felt a bit like filler or it could have been a little more fleshed out?

There's some cool moments. Mando attack!

Oh and holy crap: a Super Battle Droid!

Deleted member 3758

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ooh ...

It's a boy! Yoda clone theories have a little more.

Mandalorian flashbacks with a Trade Federation Super Battle Droid.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this was the best episode so far. That said, I also feel like these 3 episodes were pure setup for whatever the show is actually going to be... Which I'm still not sure. But that's somewhat exciting. Looking forward to next week.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me why they're trying to make it sound like Mandalorians don't take off their helmets? There are plenty of instances already shown where they do.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
I'm not big on memes but I'm pretty happy with this print purchase

Gb1sxWs.jpg

.. and I'm outta here! Won't get a chance to watch the latest episode until I've finished work in 5hrs or so.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me why they're trying to make it sound like Mandalorians don't take off their helmets? There are plenty of instances already shown where they do.
Yeah they definitely have in the pre-established canon, all the way up to pre-ANH times (Star Wars Rebels). The only explanation is that in the past 10 - 15 years since that they've changed their ways, or this is one specific clan of Mandalorians that have this rule.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Jango wasn't a Mandalorian and Pre Vizsla was a terrorist. Satine was a politician and Sabine denounced her history for a time. I also think there is a difference between someone from Mandalore and a warrior / bounty hunting Mandalorian. At least that's how I'm justifying it!

It was weird to hear Favreau's voice coming from another Mandalorian in this episode. Got me reminiscing about Pre.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Jango wasn't a Mandalorian and Pre Vizsla was a terrorist. Satine was a politician and Sabine denounced her history for a time. I also think there is a difference between someone from Mandalore and a warrior / bounty hunting Mandalorian. At least that's how I'm justifying it!

It was weird to hear Favreau's voice coming from another Mandalorian in this episode. Got me reminiscing about Pre.
Which Mando was he? Bigh one?

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Great ep! I think I might still like last week's more, but this had some terrific action. Will echo others in being excited for what Deborah Chow can do with Kenobi.
Favreau dipping into some Iron Man shit this episode. The whistling birds reminded me of that scene with the terrorists in Iron Man 1 and then the flying Mandolorian at the end too.

Also loved the beskar saving Carl Weathers' life like a wad of money lmao. This show is so western I love it.
This episode was like a glimpse of what a Halo Reach show could be like.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
OK, it's very obvious that 1, 2 & 3 are designed to function as a feature-length narrative. And what a climax!

Status
Not open for further replies.