Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Ryujinx has always been the better emulator idk, in a lot of games you just press tab and it goes over 60 yeah. Not all of them but a lot.

i've been on the ryujinx discord... and they don't know why my emulator is capped at 60... this is weird af, why is this only happening to me? lol

i have no app that caps FPS either, this only happen on ryujinx

Feb 27, 2019
I love emulation of all types for classic games, but this kind of thing just feels icky to me.

Game comes out today and is already emulated perfectly? So how did they get a copy to test it before launch?

Feels like people are flying too close to the sun.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
I love emulation of all types for classic games, but this kind of thing just feels icky to me.

Game comes out today and is already emulated perfectly? So how did they get a copy to test it before launch?

No testing was needed. It worked out of the box. Trust me, if they needed to make substantial changes to the emulator, one week wouldn't have been enough. TotK was weird for a long time for example. Why do you feel icky about people playing their games at better framerates?

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at the smart ass tone of the replies here

Yeah it's somewhat impressive not so much the fact that it's been crunched on super hardware but the fact that it runs above the capped frame rate of the original game which is 60fps, on day 1, with no visible issues.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

The source code is public. You can check if they made any fixes for the game before the game launched. The answer is they didn't. It worked out of the box because the emulator is good and the game isn't doing anything the emulator can't handle. You can download a build of the emulator from 2 or 3 weeks ago and it'll also work perfectly.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017

This has been a thing with Nintendo and emulation since the GBA. The last year or two of a platform's life tends to get solid parity within emulator because enough work has been done on it that unless the game does something unique, it works out of the box. I remember on the old forum a great deal of people posted about playing the Operation Rainfall titles in Dolphin as they launched, simply because they worked immediately. You'll get rare examples of games not working at the end of the platform's lifespan, but that also tends to be some of the more demanding games for the original platform.

It's also fair to assume if the Link's Awakening remake worked, why wouldn't this? The same foundation is there.

Oct 28, 2017
going to have to fire this up on the steam deck soon. unfortunately, at least in the first hour or so that i played, the frame rate is just as rough as links awakening was

Sangral

Powered by Friendship™
Feb 17, 2022
Game seem to run perfectly 120fps on 4300p even (4x Resolution) for me. And that one noticeably raises the anti aliasing to perfection. "Just" 4K is still aliased as heck, but 8K looks great.

ntkrU0.png

Now I'm back and forth on if I even want to continue playing it on the Switch anymore. 😭

Groat

Jun 20, 2024

Ryujinx's developers didn't even do anything to get it working, quite frequently it runs games perfectly as soon as they come out without any modification. Especially less complex games such as this. This game runs on the Link's Awakening engine, which has been flawless on the emulator for years.

I think Metroid Dread was another example that ran perfectly without the emulator needing to be updated (on both Ryu AND Yuzu). Prime Remastered too IIRC. And more recently Luigi's Mansion 2, which similarly also supports much higher framerates than the base game without modification, just by turning the frame limiter off (it was capped at 30fps on real hardware)

Last edited:

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bought this game already so I have no moral issue emulating it now for a better experience.

Catchphrase

Nov 28, 2023
For those who are more familiar with Switch emulation, how long does it usually take to get that kind of performance on PC?

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
What's impressive about this is that in 2024 you aren't forced to find out after you buy a game that you're stuck with the terrible performance it gets on native hardware.

I've been emulating on PC for a long time and it used to be that there was at least the better part of a decade in between when a game would release on native hardware and it would be playable on an emulator. Starting with the Wii devs have been able to chop down that time considerably, and now with the Switch we're living in an era where major titles actually perform better on the emulator on day one than they do on native hardware. That is seriously impressive.

(Also, lol @ the conspiracy theories about how they were able to get this up and running so quickly)

Sangral