eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Wanted to post these again since I got bottom of the page.

b7898e59-958f-4431-b5v3pjy.gif

c21108ba-5481-4cc0-b71mkqf.gif

I enjoyed Mipha's trials so far. If the rest of the DLC is like that, then I'll enjoy it! Not sure how some people were saying they beat it in a couple of hours. It took me almost 5 to finish the 1st area and Mipha's Trials. Really wish they would have let us play in the world before the calamity happened. Want to expierence that Hyrule so bad! Wish you would get the motorcycle earlier, but haven't played in a while so seeing some new stuff. Also have a ton of unfinished shrines and Korok seeds to get!

Edit: Also keep wanting to Fus Ron Dah fools off of these cliffs and high spots haha

Last edited:

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I Really wish they would have let us play in the world before the calamity happened. Want to expierence hat Hyrule so bad!

This would be the perfect setting for the next game. The team could even use the same map. Just populate it with more towns, NPCs, and buildings. Maybe expand the map a bit so there are a few new areas to explore. Give Link the ability to dive so he can explore underwater. Have lots of giant temples/fortresses/castles etc. Instead of a big sweeping narrative, the game could be a series of self-contained mini adventures. Link could tackle some of the quests alongside the Champions themselves. Heck, even throw in a few unique sidequests where the player controls a Champion or Zelda. I'd be totally on board with a new Legend of Zelda game like this.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The basic story structure the game has would already allow you to explore all of that over an extended series. Expand on the flashbacks and intertwine them with the narrative of Link trying to get his memory back and save the world. You can easily do everything you guys want to see without changing much from the game.

While BotW may not have much of a story, what story it has is very solid structurally and quite easily expanded upon. Link searching for his lost memories is a solid plotline that can accommodate all kinds of different stories in both the past, through flashbacks, and the present. There's not much of a reason to go and change the structure massively just to do what could be easily, and better, done by simply expanding what is already there.

Did you do it at the spot marked on the map? I definitely turns blue as it flies down that canyon.
To have it set 100 years ago wouldn't change anything though... I think a more lighthearted story (not "everyone you're friends with is dead... go save the world") would work well for a BotW anime.

——

Also, after playing this DLC, these characters are the best in the series definitely. Especially this Zelda (except the voice actress). And if you count the memories as BotW's story, it has the best story in the series too.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California

I enjoyed Mipha's trials so far. If the rest of the DLC is like that, then I'll enjoy it! Not sure how some people were saying they beat it in a couple of hours. It took me almost 5 to finish the 1st area and Mipha's Trials. Really wish they would have let us play in the world before the calamity happened. Want to expierence hat Hyrule so bad! Wish you would get the motorcycle earlier, but haven't played in a while so seeing some new stuff. Also have a ton of unfinished shrines and Korok seeds to get!

I honestly don't think some people did play it or beat it in a couple of hours. Some people just like to rag on things and if they were rushing and did do it in two hours why play at all.

I still marvel at the whole game's creativity. I like the BoTW shrines too. I have my switch on me at all times and when I have 20 minutes to kill I keep 5 shrines marked on the map and give one a whirl. I don't use guides so I like the dopamine hit I get when I figure out one. The side quests are fun too.

I could see how this might not be optimal if one intends to just sit down and power through a game but my life is busy at most I can only manage a 4-5 hour session. I'm at 76 hours so go figure.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
To have it set 100 years ago wouldn't change anything though... I think a more lighthearted story (not "everyone you're friends with is dead... go save the world") would work well for a BotW anime.
You wouldn't have much of a main plot, or a satisfying climax, that way though. There's not much of a disruption of the status quo to force the story forward--Zelda trying to awaken her powers works as a character arc but not for the main plot line--and the climax for the story would literally be everyone dying to the very thing they were trying to stop. You'd literally be building up to the ultimate downer ending.

My point is you can get all that stuff without throwing away the narrative structure the game already has. You can keep the strong thrust, the climax, and everything about the BotW story that worked while expanding it in such a way that would allow you to pretty much tell whatever stories you wanted to.

Also, after playing this DLC, these characters are the best in the series definitely. Especially this Zelda (except the voice actress). And if you count the memories as BotW's story, it has the best story in the series too.
Those memories are part of the story. The main plot is Link trying to save the world while getting his memories back. His lost memories are an important part of the main plotline. You can't have a plot where someone has amnesia and is trying to get his memories back without showing those memories.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is driving me crazy.

what the fuck am I supposed to do with Waterblight once he reaches his ranged stage? I only get one charge for Urbosa's Fury too

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
This would be the perfect setting for the next game. The team could even use the same map. Just populate it with more towns, NPCs, and buildings. Maybe expand the map a bit so there are a few new areas to explore. Give Link the ability to dive so he can explore underwater. Have lots of giant temples/fortresses/castles etc. Instead of a big sweeping narrative, the game could be a series of self-contained mini adventures. Link could tackle some of the quests alongside Champions themselves. Heck, even throw in a few unique sidequests where the player controls a Champion or Zelda. I'd be totally on board with a new Legend of Zelda game like this.

That would be awesome! Hopefully they pull an OoT and use the same assets, and engine, to put out another one in 2018 or 2019. I remember an interview where Aonuma talked about how the original LoZ had challenges, puzzles, and secrets in each square you moved into. Hopefully for the next one, there are more centralized puzzles in the overworld that you have to overcome while traveling to places instead of just shrines. I kind of want the entire world to be a series of "dungeon"–like they were going for with Skyward Sword–but on the scale of BotW. Still towns and overall places, but more challenges in traversal besides climbing and what not.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
This is driving me crazy.

what the fuck am I supposed to do with Waterblight once he reaches his ranged stage? I only get one charge for Urbosa's Fury too
Stasis the block, hit it back at him. Break the first four with cryonis so they don't cause trouble. I'm not sure if that's the actual way you're supposed to beat him, but that's how I did it once I ran out of resources

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City

I was stuck there too. If you wait until everything fully recharges, you'll be good to go when fighting him. Also shooting it in the eye 3 times with arrows will knock him down.

Stasis the block, hit it back at him. Break the first four with cryonis so they don't cause trouble. I'm not sure if that's the actual way you're supposed to beat him, but that's how I did it once I ran out of resources

Ice Block + Stasis = Dead Ganon

Wow :O
Did not know that!

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Finally beat it. Wow, now that was a boss.

Funny thing about the bike -- you can still throw weapons or use the master sword's ranged attack while riding it.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question for people who have beaten Urbosa's shrines

for the "big or small" shrine, how did you guys do it? I used metal weapons to link the first two sections, then stacked the appropriate blocks to link the rest, but I was wondering if there was a different way I didn't think of?

Deleted member 8112

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I enjoyed Mipha's trials so far. If the rest of the DLC is like that, then I'll enjoy it! Not sure how some people were saying they beat it in a couple of hours. It took me almost 5 to finish the 1st area and Mipha's Trials. Really wish they would have let us play in the world before the calamity happened. Want to expierence that Hyrule so bad! Wish you would get the motorcycle earlier, but haven't played in a while so seeing some new stuff. Also have a ton of unfinished shrines and Korok seeds to get!

Edit: Also keep wanting to Fus Ron Dah fools off of these cliffs and high spots haha
Yeah, it took me 10 hours on Normal Mode.

Side note: that final memory was so good, it almost made me cry.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017

for the "big or small" shrine, how did you guys do it? I used metal weapons to link the first two sections, then stacked the appropriate blocks to link the rest, but I was wondering if there was a different way I didn't think of?
That's how I did it at first, but then I realized I had enough blocks to be able to move one of the small blocks to the beginning to start the circuit.
I had the big block at the end on a Cryonis pillar, and the second small block at the apex of the elevator. I also draped the big ball and chain over the pole on the right.
I hope that's the same shrine.

Oct 27, 2017

For me
Used a small block for the first 2 small ball and chains, used another small block for the second connection after raising the platform (which I discovered I could do completely by accident), hung the ball chain over the pole sticking out, and made an ice block under the big block to connect the end

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
That's how I did it at first, but then I realized I had enough blocks to be able to move one of the small blocks to the beginning to start the circuit.
I had the big block at the end on a Cryonis pillar, and the second small block at the apex of the elevator. I also draped the big ball and chain over the pole on the right.
I hope that's the same shrine.
For me
Used a small block for the first 2 small ball and chains, used another small block for the second connection after raising the platform (which I discovered I could do completely by accident), hung the ball chain over the pole sticking out, and made an ice block under the big block to connect the end
Ah ok thanks!

for some reason I thought the small block wouldn't reach it even though the platform was raised

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok thanks!

for some reason I thought the small block wouldn't reach it even though the platform was raised
It took me way too long to realize...I kind of don't want that elevator to keep moving, because it'll keep interrupting the current. But yeah, that's why I had the big block on there at first until I saw the small one would do.

I always try to break every electricity-based puzzle at least once, though. They're probably my favorite. I love making long chains of weapons while wearing full rubber.

Nov 7, 2017
So with this DLC is there someone to talk to at each point marked on the map? I went to the one in that little Hyrule Forrest to the north but I figured I just had to kill all the enemies in that area. It wasn't very clear about what I was supposed to do once I reached the mark on the map.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
So with this DLC is there someone to talk to at each point marked on the map? I went to the one in that little Hyrule Forrest to the north but I figured I just had to kill all the enemies in that area. It wasn't very clear about what I was supposed to do once I reached the mark on the map.
It tells you that you have specific things to do at each point, it's up to you to figure out what actions match up with what places.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I initially decided to hold off after reading about the dungeon being another divine beast, but the praise of it's boss and the expansion's puzzles is making me reconsider.

Oct 25, 2017

You know how you put one block so one platform starts moving, when the platform gets to is max height just remove the metal block and use it on the next part

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
So I just beat Ganon again and I got the bad ending?

The first time I did it I got the good ending. Same file, still all memories including the champions' Ballad ones....

Derpot

Nov 18, 2017
France
I had a lot of trouble with Waterblight too. I used Urbosa's power during 2nd phase, I couldn't make the boss fall on the platform when I tried to use arrows, but apparently I had to shoot several times in its eye, not once? And I didn't know that you could use Stasis on the ice blocks lmao

I didn't like that they reused
the bosses, but thankfully, the Sheikah monk fight is awesome.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
So I just beat Ganon again and I got the bad ending?

The first time I did it I got the good ending. Same file, still all memories including the champions' Ballad ones....
Hum. Did you complete the "new" main quest from the DLC? The previous requirements for the "Good" ending was to complete every mainquest and unlock all memories. I wonder if the ones from the DLCs are a necessity now.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The bike has fuel? An end game reward for doing all of the dlc challenges and you cant even use it freely without using items to refuel it, which makes its appeal almost less than a horse. Just....why? Some reward.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Using the paraglider is so much fun that even a task as unoriginal as "go through these blue rings in order" is somehow enjoyable.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
I think I now see why the DLC was placed before you defeated Ganon. After you defeat him, all evil is banished from the world. There wouldn't be anything to fight. You would just be traveling with Zelda, fixing Divine Beasts, and rebuilding towns and road networks. Everyone wanted more action, so this was the only way to give it to us. That's my theory anyways.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Using the paraglider is so much fun that even a task as unoriginal as "go through these blue rings in order" is somehow enjoyable.
Are you talking about Daruk's?

Because I shield surfed for Revali's, swam up waterfalls for Mipha's, and rode a sand seal for Urbosa's. It seems like that's how they were intended to be done.

I don't know if there was an "intended" way for Daruk's other than paragliding though.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I think I now see why the DLC was placed before you defeated Ganon. After you defeat him, all evil is banished from the world. There wouldn't be anything to fight. You would just be traveling with Zelda, fixing Divine Beasts, and rebuilding towns and road networks. Everyone wanted more action, so this was the only way to give it to us. That's my theory anyways.
Another way to do it would've been to go in the past, but yeah. I know everyone wanted to see a post Ganon world, but rebuilding Hyrule with no threat wouldn't have been as fun for me. I guess they could've added a post game villain. Maybe Twinrova or something.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you talking about Daruk's?

Because I shield surfed for Revali's, swam up waterfalls for Mipha's, and rode a sand seal for Urbosa's. It seems like that's how they were intended to be done.

I don't know if there was an "intended" way for Daruk's other than paragliding though.

Yeah, that's the one I just did. The ring challenge with the waterfalls was awesome too.