• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Just a reminder to not get too hung up on what the trailer shows or doesn't show about BotW2's map. In several of the first BotW's trailers, the Deku tree wasn't even visible on the horizon, but it was on the latter trailers.

The game's still, at the very least, a year away and in that time they could make significant topographical changes or additions to the land.

Yeah I kind of wonder if any of the shots here are possibly meant to mislead. Not so much to get players to contrive their own setting theories as much as to prevent them from knowing what will actually happen. For instance, would Nintendo show anything that actually isn't part of the real game (at least not exactly as they showed it)?

More than anything I want answers to 'will the main landscape change,' as the landscape was hands down the most important actor in the game. Nintendo is keenly aware that fans have been playing in this world for hundreds of hours because they continue to find new things as they explore, but many of us have well and thoroughly exhausted that feeling. These islands in the sky look to accomplish a degree of that same feeling - i.e. looking up and seeing 3-4 places you can go and wondering 'what's over there', but it's a far less organic design when compared to a completely open and connected landscape. And even with that, if they have players spend a large chunk of time retreading the overworld to get to these islands that'd be such a major blow to the design.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
So I just watched Zeltik's theory that the floating islands are actually the Sacred Realm and holy shit my mind is blown. It makes so much sense.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So I just watched Zeltik's theory that the floating islands are actually the Sacred Realm and holy shit my mind is blown. It makes so much sense.

Yeah that's what I was thinking/hoping earlier. Whether it's the actual Sacred Realm or some kind of earthly extension would be really cool. We've never gotten to actually visit the Sacred Realm outside of the corrupted Dark World, its only ever been an idea or small glimpse.

I would really love it if the Green Glowy Arm and Green Energy we keep seeing is some kind of spiritual energy. BotW gave us Blue Sheikah Tech inspired by the Triforce of Wisdom/Goddess Nayru. Now BotW2 can give us Green Spirit powered stuff inspired by the Triforce of Courage/Goddess Farore. Sheikah tribe had their super advanced technology, maybe the Zonai or some other as yet revealed group was spiritually powerful and found a way to travel to the Sacred Realm, or at least pull a bit of into this realm.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
Yeah that's what I was thinking/hoping earlier. Whether it's the actual Sacred Realm or some kind of earthly extension would be really cool. We've never gotten to actually visit the Sacred Realm outside of the corrupted Dark World, its only ever been an idea or small glimpse.

I would really love it if the Green Glowy Arm and Green Energy we keep seeing is some kind of spiritual energy. BotW gave us Blue Sheikah Tech inspired by the Triforce of Wisdom/Goddess Nayru. Now BotW2 can give us Green Spirit powered stuff inspired by the Triforce of Courage/Goddess Farore. Sheikah tribe had their super advanced technology, maybe the Zonai or some other as yet revealed group was spiritually powerful and found a way to travel to the Sacred Realm, or at least pull a bit of into this realm.

My (dumb) theory is that the Zonai are decendants of a previous link...and that's why they are able to see the ancient dragons..build monuments to them etc..

Maybe the sacred realm looks different based on whomever holds power in it.

Then again I'm a firm believer that lorule and the twilight realm are the same place... changed in different timelines

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Some cool stuff from Reddit:

First there may be some explanation for why we don't see any Skylands in two of the surface scenes in the trailer:

qma38l8q26671.png
If the Skylands we see in the trailer are initially limited to one region over the Tanagar Canyon and Forgotten Temple(more on that in a second) then the scene with the Stone Talus would be looking in the total opposite direction, similarly for the Stasis scene that may have been looking elsewhere. The main issue then lies with the final shot of the risen Hyrule Castle where we should be looking dead on to where the Skylands should be in the sky. Best reason I can think of for that is because at that point the Skylands may not have appeared yet just after Ganondorf reawakened and Hyrule Castle rose up.

Now the fact that the Skylands are situated above the area of the Forgotten Temple is pretty cool because the Forgotten Temple is the Sealed Temple from SS. Meaning A) Skyloft and the other islands were close to it, thus it could stand to reason that the islands we see now are the remains of Skyloft and the other islands of the Sky, and B) Forgotten/Sealed Temple may also be a solid connection/bridge to the Sacred Realm/Golden Land, thus their appearance near the Temple could also make sense if they in fact connected to, came from or are somehow the actual Sacred Realm.

Another eagle eyed Redditor noticed that there is indeed a symbol on the back of Link's hand when he uses that new Rewind ability, but it's not the Triforce as many assumed/expected, instead it looks to be something like a Sheikah Symbol or generic Eye Symbol.

I had a feeling that socket we saw on Link's new arm would play some greater role and was likely the reason for the glow and not the Triforce. Not sure it's the Sheikah Symbol or maybe an generic Eye Symbol. Like say closer to the kind of primitive rendition of the Eye we see on the back of Link's new shield?

F2mfOuK.png

Either way this potentially adds a new wrinkle to things as the Glowy Arm may actually be Sheikah related despite its color and appearance not looking like any of the other Sheikah Tech we've seen. Maybe it's something far older, from a time long before things like the Sheikah Slate, Guardians and so on were developed back when the Sheikah dabbled in other pursuits.

Or maybe the Eye Symbol simply represents the power we saw on display and each new Rune-like Ability has a different symbol appear on Link's hand when used. The Eye Symbol is not exclusive to the Sheikah, it's been used all throughout the series since ALttP for both good and bad, in this case it kind of makes sense as we are peering into the past of the object we're interacting with. The Eye Symbol often represents a kind of divine sight and seeing beyond to the objective truth, ala Lens/Mask of Truth. Which is kind of what's happened here. Whatever the case cool little detail.

Last edited:

Paradox

Oct 28, 2017
I mean it looks a lot like a broom. I'm not seeing a bell at all. It would be a really odd looking bell. There's three distinct bristles that are well outlined. It's not just a cone shape with a dip in the bottom center, but three bristle like things.

vdUlqUf.png

Pretty damn broom like to me, hell maybe even more like a feather duster. I mean the idea that creature might be some kind of caretaker for these Skylands isn't that crazy an idea. We don't see anyone there, they had advanced tech of some kind to create this autonomous creature, who is to stay it's not just some kind of glorified cleaner/groundskeeper than some guard.

I still fall on the side of it being some sort of gauge. My immediate assumption was the it's another time-related element - either the creature or the player can speed up or slow down its movements and so move the 'needle' to the left or right.

The main reason I think this is because the outside ring surrounding the needle/broom is the same ethereal patterned green as everything related to Link's new hand, as well as a few seconds earlier, when the creature has reared up, you see green time-stuff running through it.

qfzHXw6.png

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Watching it again, the prominent use of brass instruments in the new trailer theme is very interesting to me. I don't recall brass being used in any big way in BotW, aside from some overworld boss themes, Goron City and Tarrey Town (the Hyrule Castle themes don't really count). I wonder what that says about the atmosphere and world of the game relative to the original's expansive but much softer theme. We don't get to hear the full theme in what's effectively still a teaser, but with the way it ends I'm expecting the theme to have a darker section as well. Or maybe I'm just projecting my hopes.

I fully agree, and have said as much numerous times in these discussions, but I am not sure Nintendo feels that same way. For all the talk of doing new things and casting aside old conventions I'm not so sure they will be so quick to discard some of those tenets first introduced in BotW.

Gotcha. I'm a bit more optimistic than you I suppose, especially with this being a direct sequel in the same world. There's going to be a different experience, there needs to be. I think having more linear sections underground is one great way to do it, although I agree that having the game split between over -and underworld gameplay is unlikely. Who knows tho, I think the success of BotW gives them some room to experiment, Majora's Mask comes to mind.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I still fall on the side of it being some sort of gauge. My immediate assumption was the it's another time-related element - either the creature or the player can speed up or slow down its movements and so move the 'needle' to the left or right.

The main reason I think this is because the outside ring surrounding the needle/broom is the same ethereal patterned green as everything related to Link's new hand, as well as a few seconds earlier, when the creature has reared up, you see green time-stuff running through it.

qfzHXw6.png
Could be, I don't really see it due to the fact that the "dial" in this case is so much more prominent and larger than the indicators it would be pointing to. The surrounding green script is incredibly small and hard to read so having such a large pointer dial doesn't line up for me, the scrip also doesn't seem to have any kind of fixed spacing or major sections to easily highlight or see what the pointer is pointing at. It looks more like just some sentence than say a face of a clock where each interval has some kind of significance if pointed at.

Gotcha. I'm a bit more optimistic than you I suppose, especially with this being a direct sequel in the same world. There's going to be a different experience, there needs to be. I think having more linear sections underground is one great way to do it, although I agree that having the game split between over -and underworld gameplay is unlikely. Who knows tho, I think the success of BotW gives them some room to experiment, Majora's Mask comes to mind.
I'm certainly hopeful for a lot of things and think there's a ton of really interesting directions they could go and would love to see them do, but I'm trying to keep my actual expectations low and not just assume because something seems possible based on what we've seen or sounds good is going to happen. Better to be surprised than let down. Zelda speculation can be a lot of fun, but it gets pretty out of hand and people have a tendency to read way too deep into things and get excessively invested in those theories and beliefs.

Oct 25, 2017
They need to change the way the final boss battle works, but also keep it in line with their idea of freedom and the open world. Hyrule castle being suspended in air by malice implies a level of importance similar to the first game, but it would really suck if it works the same as the first game. Fighting a different version of the same boss at a different version of the same castle in a different version of the same map would be the worst thing they could do.

Since ganon/dorf is seemingly an intelligent entity this time around it would be really cool if he wasn't just sitting around waiting for link. If they want to keep the whole "fight the final boss at any time" thing, it would be cool if he was like a constant presence roaming around the map or something like that. And if they change it and decide to gate the final boss behind some level of progression, then hopefully the battle won't happen in the same place.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
They need to change the way the final boss battle works, but also keep it in line with their idea of freedom and the open world. Hyrule castle being suspended in air by malice implies a level of importance similar to the first game, but it would really suck if it works the same as the first game. Fighting a different version of the same boss at a different version of the same castle in a different version of the same map would be the worst thing they could do.

Since ganon/dorf is seemingly an intelligent entity this time around it would be really cool if he wasn't just sitting around waiting for link. If they want to keep the whole "fight the final boss at any time" thing, it would be cool if he was like a constant presence roaming around the map or something like that. And if they change it and decide to gate the final boss behind some level of progression, then hopefully the battle won't happen in the same place.
Even before BotW I've said it would be nice if Ganondorf, or whoever the villain was at the time, was a bit more reactive to Link's activities. OoT had this with Kakariko village getting firebombed. TP kind of had this with King Bulblin fight which was sweet. It would be cool if there were more scripted events of some kind that triggered after certain major advances to make it feel like Ganondorf was trying to prevent our advancement or at least retaliate because of it. BotW is a bit harder since it is that open air, do anything at any time, or don't. But still beyond just Bokoblins changing color, some random unique bosses appearing out in the world, some attacks on the villages and so on would be really cool.

Totally agree if would be great if Ganondorf himself somehow kind of hounded us as we progressed. Whether he actually shows up or just kind of talks at us goading us.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I hope we either get

Time Travel by either placing the master sword into the Temple of Time or finding and using an unearthed Ocarina of Time.

Or after Zelda falls into the earth we get an Avengers End Game "Five Years Later" style time jump with Zelda presumed dead.

Has anyone done a graphics analysis? Or is it pointless because it's likely running off PC 'in engine'?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Has anyone done a graphics analysis? Or is it pointless because it's likely running off PC 'in engine'?
Not that I've seen so far. brainchild did one previously for the first trailer, not sure if they plan to again for this one, and I believe initially commented that a lot of the new features they saw in the reveal trailer were missing from the gameplay, meaning some of those advancements might be limited to just cutscenes, which is a shame. Outside of maybe resolution/framerate everything we saw is really inline with what BotW was like. What you see is very likely exactly what we'll get.

There's some lay comparisons going around that are pretty easy to see the improvements, but they're pretty minor overall. Stuff like the rocks that make up the base of Hyrule Castles have seen some texture/geometry improvement. Stone Talus as well saw some improved rock textures. But otherwise that's about it.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

Not that I've seen so far. brainchild did one previously for the first trailer, not sure if they plan to again for this one, and I believe initially commented that a lot of the new features they saw in the reveal trailer were missing from the gameplay, meaning some of those advancements might be limited to just cutscenes, which is a shame. Outside of maybe resolution/framerate everything we saw is really inline with what BotW was like. What you see is very likely exactly what we'll get.

There's some lay comparisons going around that are pretty easy to see the improvements, but they're pretty minor overall. Stuff like the rocks that make up the base of Hyrule Castles have seen some texture/geometry improvement. Stone Talus as well saw some improved rock textures. But otherwise that's about it.

It looks slightly better thanks to improved LODs and higher resolution textures, bringing the LOD0 assets closer to the LOD0 asset quality found in the E3 2014 footage of the first game (but without that pristine image quality). Rendering improvements seen in the first BOTW 2 teaser trailer like local omnidirectional shadow generating light sources and refined toon shading seem completely absent in the actual gameplay.

I'm not seeing any additional rendering features that weren't present in the first game, just more refined visuals, probably due to being able to target better hardware (Switch instead of Wii U) and general optimizations that can be made when you have more time to implement them.

I don't do analysis videos anymore, but if there are noteworthy changes in the final build, I might make a thread. We'll see.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
It looks slightly better thanks to improved LODs and higher resolution textures, bringing the LOD0 assets closer to the LOD0 asset quality found in the E3 2014 footage of the first game (but without that pristine image quality). Rendering improvements seen in the first BOTW 2 teaser trailer like local omnidirectional shadow generating light sources and refined toon shading seem completely absent in the actual gameplay.

I'm not seeing any additional rendering features that weren't present in the first game, just more refined visuals, probably due to being able to target better hardware (Switch instead of Wii U) and general optimizations that can be made when you have more time to implement them.

I don't do analysis videos anymore, but if there are noteworthy changes in the final build, I might make a thread. We'll see.

😓

I'm kinda holding out those get added into the Pro version. Then again I'm hoping for a 60fps mode using DLSS's Ultra Performance mode (using base Switch settings at 720p and target 1440p/4K), and a 30fps graphics mode using a 1080p/30 using the Standard or Quality Mode (whichever one does 4x resolution) DLSS targeting 4K but allowing some of those nicer lighting and shading effects.

I know it's a very outside chance of getting two modes but I at least have a hope the team does that.

Those lighting and shading effects were the things that excited me the most.

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020

i understand how dlss helps with resolution and therefore can help framerate too (by rendering at a lower res natively); but does it help with LOD management? in other words could the pro have a further draw distance if the pro just does dlss on top of the OG switch rendering (and not bespoke rendering profile using the raw cpu/gpu updates)?

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
I'm kinda holding out those get added into the Pro version.

Considering they were cutscene features, I'm not sure how likely that isn't to happen. Maybe the shadows can be enable but the toon shading differences are likely stylistic. I think framerate and resolution improvements are more likely than visual improvements, but you never know, Nintendo could surprise us.

Oct 26, 2017
i watched too many analysis videos, those were the two i liked most. there was one by a person i never heard of before who caught an interesting detail that i didn't see any where else:

in botw the sun moved across the sky but was alway north, the new trailer shows a sun thats moving across the south; this noticable by studying the shadows of the tree in the rising talus scene, which he details

Ah that's why the mountains look so clear! I'm sure this is just done for the trailer to get the light on the talus fort how they wanted it, it wouldn't be the first time the sun moves to weird places for the sake of a game's promo shots.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Considering they were cutscene features, I'm not sure how likely that isn't to happen. Maybe the shadows can be enable but the toon shading differences are likely stylistic. I think framerate and resolution improvements are more likely than visual improvements, but you never know, Nintendo could surprise us.

Maybe in a photo mode? 😅

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
i understand how dlss helps with resolution and therefore can help framerate too (by rendering at a lower res natively); but does it help with LOD management? in other words could the pro have a further draw distance if the pro just does dlss on top of the OG switch rendering (and not bespoke rendering profile using the raw cpu/gpu updates)?

Standard LOD management will change assets based on distance from the camera/asset-to-screen percentage so upsampling frames after assets have already been rendered isn't really going to improve LODs. It will make the rendering resolution overall look better, but the source LODs will not change.

That being said, dynamically changing to higher quality LODs based on expected performance improvements from DLSS is an interesting idea and I wonder if someone could actually get that to work.

Maybe in a photo mode? 😅

Lol

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about how exciting the shot of Link falling through the sky is. That was in Skyward Sword but it was a canned sequence. BotW was really good at taking things that used to be canned sequences and turning them into general gameplay, so I hope we see something like that here.

I've also been thinking that the art direction reminds me a lot of Ring Fit Adventure, which makes sense. I always wanted to explore the backgrounds in Ring Fit Adventure so I'm really looking forward to doing that here. I'm very excited to explore this sky world playground.

Last edited:

Joeshabadoo

Jan 3, 2019

First there may be some explanation for why we don't see any Skylands in two of the surface scenes in the trailer:

If the Skylands we see in the trailer are initially limited to one region over the Tanagar Canyon and Forgotten Temple(more on that in a second) then the scene with the Stone Talus would be looking in the total opposite direction, similarly for the Stasis scene that may have been looking elsewhere. The main issue then lies with the final shot of the risen Hyrule Castle where we should be looking dead on to where the Skylands should be in the sky. Best reason I can think of for that is because at that point the Skylands may not have appeared yet just after Ganondorf reawakened and Hyrule Castle rose up.

Now the fact that the Skylands are situated above the area of the Forgotten Temple is pretty cool because the Forgotten Temple is the Sealed Temple from SS. Meaning A) Skyloft and the other islands were close to it, thus it could stand to reason that the islands we see now are the remains of Skyloft and the other islands of the Sky, and B) Forgotten/Sealed Temple may also be a solid connection/bridge to the Sacred Realm/Golden Land, thus their appearance near the Temple could also make sense if they in fact connected to, came from or are somehow the actual Sacred Realm.

Another eagle eyed Redditor noticed that there is indeed a symbol on the back of Link's hand when he uses that new Rewind ability, but it's not the Triforce as many assumed/expected, instead it looks to be something like a Sheikah Symbol or generic Eye Symbol.

I had a feeling that socket we saw on Link's new arm would play some greater role and was likely the reason for the glow and not the Triforce. Not sure it's the Sheikah Symbol or maybe an generic Eye Symbol. Like say closer to the kind of primitive rendition of the Eye we see on the back of Link's new shield?

F2mfOuK.png

Either way this potentially adds a new wrinkle to things as the Glowy Arm may actually be Sheikah related despite its color and appearance not looking like any of the other Sheikah Tech we've seen. Maybe it's something far older, from a time long before things like the Sheikah Slate, Guardians and so on were developed back when the Sheikah dabbled in other pursuits.

Or maybe the Eye Symbol simply represents the power we saw on display and each new Rune-like Ability has a different symbol appear on Link's hand when used. The Eye Symbol is not exclusive to the Sheikah, it's been used all throughout the series since ALttP for both good and bad, in this case it kind of makes sense as we are peering into the past of the object we're interacting with. The Eye Symbol often represents a kind of divine sight and seeing beyond to the objective truth, ala Lens/Mask of Truth. Which is kind of what's happened here. Whatever the case cool little detail.
Don't think it's related to the sheikah eye at all and instead just the circular section of the green energy arm bracer that was being used to hold ganondorf's seal and is now on links arm. It's the same circle on the top of his hand where the triforce would normally manifest… interesting choice.

your post did get me thinking about the fact that maybe the skislands location along the map may be focused around parts of the over-world that have defined chasms or canyons….
Instead of erosion, it was the result of magical terraforming.
If that were the case then I think these floating land masses wouldn't be the extent of the newly explorable area in the game.

Zen Hero pretty sure that Ring Fit used the BotW engine. Correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited:

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
i watched too many analysis videos, those were the two i liked most. there was one by a person i never heard of before who caught an interesting detail that i didn't see any where else:

in botw the sun moved across the sky but was alway north, the new trailer shows a sun thats moving across the south; this noticable by studying the shadows of the tree in the rising talus scene, which he details

Building on that video, this one is insane (in a good way):

Basically, it appears that the land of Hyrule is reverting backwards in time

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Don't think it's related to the sheikah eye at all and instead just the circular section of the green energy arm bracer that was being used to hold ganondorf's seal and is now on links arm. It's the same circle on the top of his hand where the triforce would normally manifest… interesting choice.
I mean the socket on the back of Link's hand courtesy of the glowy arm is where the symbol is projected from, but that actual circular socket is normally dark and not a bright yellow/white light. It's just a dull kind of dark brass color on its own. Whether it's Sheikah related or not is anyone's guess, but there's definitely a glowing circle symbol with three points coming out the top on his hand after he uses his power and then it fades away.

Novel idea, but doesn't totally add up. If Hyrule is going backwards in time and stuff like Hyrule Castle hasn't risen, Death Mountain is dormant, Great Deku Tree/Forest is gone, etc. Then why the hell is Lon Lon Ranch still a ruin in the same exact scene? It wasn't like that just 100 years ago and really probably shouldn't even be there, let alone its ruins, 10,000 years ago. Is Lon Lon Ranch not good enough for Ganondorf's time reversal?

Last edited:

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada

It would certainly be a good way for Nintendo to explain why things like the Shrines and Towers are missing. Also why Death Mountain appears inactive.

Oct 26, 2017
Thinking about it, there's no reason the sun couldn't be in the other side of the sky at another time of year, that's how it works at the equator. It would still go East to West.
So with that in mind, it could genuinely be like that in the game just because they wanted a change, give everything a slightly altered look and gives opportunities for new shadow puzzles and that kind of thing.

I think 10,000 years ago would be interesting, but you would mix up the landscape a bit more than a missing tree, no?

Last edited:

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
I mean the socket on the back of Link's hand courtesy of the glowy arm is where the symbol is projected from, but that actual circular socket is normally dark and not a bright yellow/white light. It's just a dull kind of dark brass color on its own. Whether it's Sheikah related or not is anyone's guess, but there's definitely a glowing circle symbol with three points coming out the top on his hand after he uses his power and then it fades away.

Novel idea, but doesn't totally add up. If Hyrule is going backwards in time and stuff like Hyrule Castle hasn't risen, Death Mountain is dormant, Great Deku Tree/Forest is gone, etc. Then why the hell is Lon Lon Ranch still a ruin in the same exact scene? It wasn't like that just 100 years ago and really probably shouldn't even be there, let alone its ruins, 10,000 years ago. Is Lon Lon Ranch not good enough for Ganondorf's time reversal?

From what I understand it's probably a gradual process, and perhaps it doesn't apply to the land universally. I think they def could be on to something personally.

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020
I was totally on board with the ancient time line angle, but now the fact that Akkala Citadel, Lon Lon Ranch ruins, and most importantly the Windmills in the caynon are visible from the sky, I'm off that theory. The biggest questions are why is the great deku tree missing entirely and why is death mountain dormant. Both could be explained by Ganondorf; killing the Deku tree and stopping the volcano to mess up the Goron seem like feasible things he would do to get revenge. God, i love digging into this stuff.

Oct 26, 2017
Some Majora's Mask style time mechanics wouldn't be a shock. Keep needing to reset the time back to when Ganondorf woke up,. gives you an alternative to blood moon for monster respawns.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
This time stuff is fascinating. What if they go the CT route and we get to flip back and forth between different futures and pasts of Hyrule? Maybe that would be too on the nose. However, I'm pretty excited as it sounds like the game will have some really fun mechanics.

Also obviously the subtitle is going to be either "corridors of the wild" or "breath of time."

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
So with that in mind, it could genuinely be like that in the game just because they wanted a change, give everything a slightly altered look and gives opportunities for new shadow puzzles and that kind of thing.

I'll go with this theory for now. I'm sure there's plenty more that'll change through the course of the game, but this is a surprisingly simple one that can make things feel a little different.

Oct 25, 2017
"The past" will definitely be important, I think. But maybe not by going there. In the first trailer, when the light flashes and shows the two figures shadows, that seemed like a pretty obvious, non-diegetic way of indicating that we'll see what happened to those two in the past. Even though it might just be cutscenes. This ganondorf is super old. Older than the calamity from 10,000 years ago since it's the source of that. So seeing his past in one way or the other makes sense. The hand is also that old, and seems to have some will power, so it might even be capable of communication like so many Zelda "helpers" of older games.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
I just now realized that the final battle of the BotW DLC took place... on a floating platform high above Hyrule.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
If you don't expect to go back to the Twilight Realm then idk what to tell you

Joeshabadoo

Jan 3, 2019
Commonwealth realm is ALL IN on underground gameplay, god bless em'
I like the focus in on combinations, but he reaches slightly. Guard your heart, bruh

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Confronting Zelda with the possibility to go back in time, pre-Calamity, could pose an interesting conflict.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018

F2mfOuK.png

The position of those illands and the mentioning of connections to SS makes it feel like they want to alude to Skyloft.
Makes sense.
Watching it again, the prominent use of brass instruments in the new trailer theme is very interesting to me. I don't recall brass being used in any big way in BotW, aside from some overworld boss themes, Goron City and Tarrey Town (the Hyrule Castle themes don't really count). I wonder what that says about the atmosphere and world of the game relative to the original's expansive but much softer theme. We don't get to hear the full theme in what's effectively still a teaser, but with the way it ends I'm expecting the theme to have a darker section as well. Or maybe I'm just projecting my hopes.
Yeah , i was never a fan of brass when they used them, and the soundtrack here seems less to my taste than the OG.

Generally the trailer has mi in a limbo state.
They knew how to show so little that som ewill go "but what actually changed, just some islands? " because it was so clear how they tried their hardest to hide stuff.
On the other hand... the new stuff we have seem is close to the goofy side of the Zelda team.

For me their designs and ideas often ride the line between goofy cartoony and cool cartoony.
The Arm: will it have a soul, will it talk? will it be "funny"? I hope not.
Ganondorfs position in this trailer looked... stupid to be honest.
I love links new design. I hate the horns on the bokoblins.
The like like design was...weird. The dragon head on the shield...
could be cool, but as is looks kind alike a arms arm straped onto it.
The Robot Thingie we have seen in the sky... its the ideal example.
Switch_SequelZeldaBOTW_screen_04.jpg

Are those holes the eyes, and the things on the side the ears, and the thing is actually a long lizard robot? cool.

Is the Orang thing the eye, the things on the sides maybe even the hands (probably not), and its a chunky wide small goofy robot? Then not so good...

another example from botw: impa is great. Purah? eh.. i get the joke, dont like it, but okay.
Robie? come on, not we have a random second child sheekah , and this one is a rocker...

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
What do you think Guys, are we gonna see Zelda BotW2 this Year again (Game Awards) or do we have to wait to E3 2022 to see the Game with another look again?

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't it clear the islands aren't going to be in one corner of the map? there's loads of them! Can see from the opening skydive that they cover a huge distance just to where that large temple thing is.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Isn't it clear the islands aren't going to be in one corner of the map? there's loads of them! Can see from the opening skydive that they cover a huge distance just to where that large temple thing is.
Dont underestimate how big hyrule was.

Maybe the islands are just part of the adjustment, and the map will have underwater sections, caves, see islands, etc added as well, so the sky portion wont be that big?
Maybe they just want to add lore from many different zelda games?

In regards to release... i would say first hald 2022, so i asume we will see either a trailer/blowout at the Game Awards or in January.

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020
What do you think Guys, are we gonna see Zelda BotW2 this Year again (Game Awards) or do we have to wait to E3 2022 to see the Game with another look again?
I'd say the next time we see it will be the final release date/name reveal; which I assume will be next e3? (aiming for 2022 sounds like late 2022/or even 2023). I'm still confused about the fact they wont tell us the name since its spoiler-y...but they need to tell us the name before its released...so why name it something thats that spoiler-y? The only reason they wouldn't tell us now is if they haven't showed us that element at all, thats why i dont think the main point is either the sky or time..since both were featured pretty heavily here.

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017

I think E3 2022. It feels quite clear that they haven't revealed their big "hook" yet (I don't think sky islands is it, even though they'll likely play a big role). I don't see how they could do another "teaser" at this point, so the next time we see it has to be the time they show that properly alongside the name reveal and extensive gameplay demos.

The time for that should be E3 2022.

Krypt

Nov 10, 2017
Center of the World

Oh Brainchild is here. Cant wait to see it, if you ever do.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
I think E3 2022. It feels quite clear that they haven't revealed their big "hook" yet (I don't think sky islands is it, even though they'll likely play a big role). I don't see how they could do another "teaser" at this point, so the next time we see it has to be the time they show that properly alongside the name reveal and extensive gameplay demos.

The time for that should be E3 2022.

Yeah I agree with that, now we have to wait another Year to get some New Infos... damn.. but hey they should take as much Time they need.