• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Prototype Viktor
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
updated doc. didn't do a edit/update entry sweep will do that tomorrow or right before end and at end of timer

7 days remaining til it's over and then maybe 3 or 4 days after that for me to decide winners then i do the DM's and post winners once i get a response from DM

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Like many people, I have hit on the notion of "Noir mode with a single light source looks really good". And to that end I submit this photo of Abby using her flamethrower:

pykeOLy.jpg

I also liked this shot:

kfCB4db.jpg

I was originally going to submit this extremely minimalist shot of Ellie's face, but it just turned out too dark on the computer. It had looked good on ps4 though, I must have my brightness set differently:

fLYbeEa.jpg

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Like many people, I have hit on the notion of "Noir mode with a single light source looks really good". And to that end I submit this photo of Abby using her flamethrower:

pykeOLy.jpg

I also liked this shot:

kfCB4db.jpg

I was originally going to submit this extremely minimalist shot of Ellie's face, but it just turned out too dark on the computer. It had looked good on ps4 though, I must have my brightness set differently:

fLYbeEa.jpg

Very cool shots!

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks. Also thanks again for reminding me about this thread.

I would have done some more from the first half of the game if I'd remembered to actually make some cool shots for this thread sooner than halfway through my third playthrough. If I'd gotten started on it sooner I'd have bounced around a bit more with chapter select. I have a lot of very functional photos of "this game looks cool", but a lot of them aren't really... artsy like you want for a contest.

Last edited:

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
E9u12nd.jpg

It's no competition for some of the brilliantly composed shots already posted but this is the best one I've taken so, this is my entry!

OP
OP
Prototype Viktor
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Everything is welcomed and while I'm the sole judge this time if struggling to narrow down I will ask my small group of friends of 20+ years to help me so who knows

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't usually mess with photo modes, but had some fun looking for how emotive the models can be outside of cutscenes. I think the first one will be my entry.
50142532317_3a3f7512ed_k.jpg

50142294666_7b58401144_k.jpg

50142532512_ee2084ac45_k.jpg

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
first pic is my entry

jU9stC.jpg

and here's a couple that i considered that also weren't variations of some of the other user entries:

jFyaGD.jpg

jUkojr.jpg

and i'm too much of a coward to submit this avant-garde masterpiece

jUVWQo.jpg

some real strong contenders in this contest too!

Prize update and PM's being sent out
OP
OP
Prototype Viktor
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I took a unattended vacation due to a thread joke and replies but i'm finally back. Also i'm adding a 5th place to compensate. gonna send PM's to 1st place first as it's the only one with a different value prize then the other 4 people. once all of them reply and codes sent i'll post who was in my final 10 of the 43 official entries

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Congrats! Thanks for hosting this Prototype Viktor even if I'm salty I didn't win :D (nah not really)

My favourite entry is probably the 4th place winner. Love that shot.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Contest was super fun to take part in (:. Thanks for organizing it, and thanks to everyone who participated.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
i've enjoyed taking screenshots of games for a couple of years, but tlou2 and the posts here as well as the best ones over at the photo mode thread inspired me to actually put some real effort into composing pictures with "artistic ambitions".

so yeah, thanks to Prototype Viktor for running the contest and awarding my entry third place, thanks to all the participants, and congrats to all the winners.

now i'm just gonna shamelessly plug my post from the photo mode thread because boy did i take a lot of pictures and boy did that take a lot of time.