• #Team2020

Votes: 826 50.7%

• Total voters

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't want 2019....

Delay it to coincide with PS5

I'd be too tempted to play it on PS4 and want to experience it first the best way possible

Why the hell would you want them to hold the game until Fall/Holiday 2020 just to play it with better resolution on PS5?

It is not like PS5 launch wont be packed as fuck. From today's interview it became quite obvious Death Stranding is a cross gen release, so I really doubt they would release their 2 biggest games in the same day (PS5 launch).

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ellie eats her onion rings.

The door opens.

She looks up.

Cut to black.

The end.

Feb 23, 2019
Why the hell would you want them to hold the game until Fall/Holiday 2020 just to play it with better resolution on PS5?

It is not like PS5 launch wont be packed as fuck. From today's interview it became quite obvious Death Stranding is a cross gen release, so I really doubt they would release their 2 biggest games in the same day (PS5 launch).

It depends on when PS5 releases, it could still launch in Spring of 2020 which wouldn't surprise me.

That said, waiting a year isn't a big deal to me. Would also give them more time to shine that shit up for Cell

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The last time Neil tweeted something like this was a month before UC4 launched.

So naturally, TLOU PII launches in May.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Early March 2020 would be fine for me - Birthday and Last of Us Part 2 would be great. Earlier would, of course, be better but delays happen.

illamap

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would imagine production is as tied as possible between different departments, so no doubt the game comes this year. It's not like cinematic team is gonna idle for a year.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It could also be next-gen's BOTW...and have an immediate and huge impact for PS5

It could have such an impact even if it released on PS4 first. Just look at TLOU and TLOUR. 17m+ combined sales.

Way I'd like it...

2019 - PS4 version

2020 - PS5 GOTY Remastered version with all DLC, native 4K resolution, added ray tracing and possibly even a 60fps mode.

Last edited:

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda strange that they only just finished mo cap when the game was revealed almost 2 years ago and actors mocapped parts of it back then. Did they shoot some scenes and then asked them to come back much much later? Cause shooting for a game wouldn't last as long as a movie. Then again I know story can change over time, especially near the tail end for games but I'd assume for a game like TLoU the story was done a lot earlier than it is for most other games.

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
The optimism in here was getting to me but when it came down to my actual vote I had to stick with my gut and go with 2020. I think we'll have another "swan song" on our hands

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I'm leaning towards a holiday 2019 release as well, but a delay is of course entirely possible. I do think we could see another trailer rather soon that gives a 2019 release window and hypes people up.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bloodborne and / or God Of War are already just that though.

PS5 needs a killer launch title like BotW. And in case Horizon 2 does not make it to launch window, I'd be completely fine with TLOU 2 reserving this spot.

It really doesn't. TLOU2R, along with cross gen versions of Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding etc would be more than enough. HZD2 would be a massive cherry on top, but then there's all the third party games too.

It's like people forget exclusives wise the PS4 only launched with Killzone Shadow Fall, TLOUR, Resogun and Knack, but was hugely successful nonetheless.

I'm not keen on the idea of artificially delaying or holding back a title just to fit some arbitrary next gen launch. When it's ready it's ready. The sooner the game is finished and in my hands, the better, especially given its been advertised as a PS4 title for years now.

Feb 23, 2019
It could have such an impact even if it released on PS4 first. Just look at TLOU and TLOUR. 17m+ combined sales.

Way I'd like it...

2019 - PS4 version

2020 - PS5 GOTY Remastered version with all DLC, native 4K resolution, added ray tracing and possibly even a 60fps mode.

I just couldn't resist holding off. I'm not somebody that replays a lot of games and I really want my first experience to be the best.

You're right that even if it releases again on PS5 it would still be a big deal, but I think it being a launch title would make it even more magical

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They recorded the final scene, but that tells us nothing about when motion capture sessions have wrapped entirely. I don't see this game coming out this year at all.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
It really doesn't. TLOU2R, along with cross gen versions of Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding etc would be more than enough. HZD2 would be a massive cherry on top, but then there's all the third party games too.

It's like people forget exclusives wise the PS4 only launched with Killzone Shadow Fall, TLOUR, Resogun and Knack, but was hugely successful nonetheless.

I'm not keen on the idea of artificially delaying or holding back a title just to fit some arbitrary next gen launch. When it's ready it's ready. The sooner the game is finished and in my hands, the better.
If it's not rushed, of course