• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2019 is set to be PS4s best year yet without TLOU2. There are so many potentially great games coming! TLOU2 was never gonna come out in 2019 guys.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Disappointing, but fuck it. If I can play this on my PS5 at launch then Im there Day fucking zero.

(I'll be 30 in 2020, christ)

Oct 30, 2017
lol @ who say this is a PS5 title or a cross gen game... you guys never fails to jump right into wrong conclusions.

This is a PS4 game and will surly be out before Summer 2020... so before the release of PS5 in Holidays 2020.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
The game is holiday 2019 at the earliest, and I imagine Sony is just going to do standalone promotional events for their big three remaining PS3 titles.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I hope to see GOT and DS there with 2019 launch dates.
For sure now TLOU 2 is 2020 game.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
When was this announced, 2016? 2020 release makes it a 4 year wait.

Which is fucking ridiculous. Announce shit later, Sony.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Still think TLOU Pt II gets a Sept. 26th release date for next year. Sony can drop a trailer whenever they want, they don't need no stage show for this.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I really think there's a decent chance Sony pushed this game to be a crossgen launch with the PS5 and it will come out early-ish 2020. Showing off the PS5 running Last of Us 2 might might blow some minds and make people less willing to wait on pulling the trigger on a PS5. Disappointing as I want this game now, but makes business sense. Not having E3 doesn't "confine" Sony to a firm date as well and can be more willing to blow out the PS5 on their own terms when everyone is ready.

I also think we get a Death Stranding release date for the PS4 in 2019 at the Game Awards and this way they aren't "competing" with each other for attention on Thursday night. For what it's worth, I'd imagine Ghosts comes out launch window for PS5 and likely has a crossgen release as well.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
...by skipping the biggest showcase of 2019?
Yeah. Because they seemingly have fuck all to show. So whatever they do have they might wanna save for later in the year. I mean I think it's an arrogance move to say we don't need a presence at E3, but to not show anything the rest of the year would be insane. I'd expect their own thing in the summer or fall. One last hurrah before next gen.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Good. We already know what the game is and how it plays. More time for new stuff.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Good. We already know what the game is and how it plays. More time for new stuff.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Appreciate them coming out ahead of the fact as to not disappoint anyone expecting it.

DavidTheKing

Jan 7, 2018
California
I think the next time we see it will be when they are ready to provide a release date (or at least a release window).

They stringing us along for two years now, and they probably want to give something substantive in terms of release. Similar to how they handled God of War and Spiderman.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
Good I don't need them wasting 2 months of production time on a demo. Just give me a trailer with a release date 6 months from now and call it a day.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I guess it depends on what you're into. There's definitely going to be some good stuff there for fans of a variety of different studios and IP.
Well, I was really looking forward to seeing either WB or Rocksteady's new game. Only thing left, that I know of, is Obsidian's new game which seems to be exactly what I wanted them to make. But I'm always open to surprises.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
It's remarkable how many people think Sony needs a conference to show more of this game.

What a ridiculous way to look at things. Even weirder, now people think it's 2020 because of a TGAs no-show? If anything, now they don't need to spend more time crunching towards yet another vertical slice, when they can be using that to... and bear with me here... finish the game.

Oct 25, 2017
No rush, ND. We believe in you. But when you do show it, please don't reveal the best parts of the game a la Uncharted 4 chase spectacle.

zsynqx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still team 2019, but this is the first time my faith has been slightly shaken. Glad they let us know now, the trailer for the show had convinced me that it was going to show up.

Ajax125

Nov 15, 2017
In all honesty, this is how you should handle this without the hype getting too out of control

Nov 5, 2017
2020 x-gen basically all but confirmed now. And of course, that is the correct course of action to take for a marquee game such as this. You don't simply release a TLOU at the end of a console generation.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
After BotW, Sony and MS need to be looking at huge cross-gen launch titles.