• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Naxat

Oct 29, 2017
After botw, which lived up and exceeded my expectations, last of us 2 is my most hyped up game of this gen. Cant wait!

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm on record as saying that TLoU2, from what we've seen so far, seems like 'the most juvenile game in a while' so this is really the time when Naughty Dog needs to convince me that it isn't. I really don't want this to turn out to just be some grimdark revenge fantasy; to me such a game would never be able to live up to the prior's themes and story.

Violater

Nov 19, 2017
Man this game fell way off my radar.
To be fair so has gaming in general.
Will this be a cross gen title?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope there's not an unnecessary open World to bloat the experience.

I'm looking forward to seeing more!

It's not an open world game

Q: I noticed that the demo at least had really wide environments. Is it open-world or is it still a linear experience?

Halley: Yeah, it's still very much a linear experience. But the levels are a bit wider than the first game.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Man this game fell way off my radar.
To be fair so has gaming in general.
Will this be a cross gen title?

I doubt it, but the game's inevitable PS5 backwards-compatibility patch is definitely going to be one of the reasons given to pick up that system day one. It'll end up playing the role of TLoU: Remastered early in the PS4's life, but without the need to buy it again.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I'm ready for Joel reveal.

tenor.gif

the fuck.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't want to buy a PS4 for this when the PS5 is coming out a few months after the game...

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
I'm on record as saying that TLoU2, from what we've seen so far, seems like 'the most juvenile game in a while' so this is really the time when Naughty Dog needs to convince me that it isn't. I really don't want this to turn out to just be some grimdark revenge fantasy; to me such a game would never be able to live up to the prior's themes and story.

Lol well then you probably dont want to be in any Last Of Us 2, or State of Play threads, Because THIS IS REVENGE BABY!!

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London

Revenge/avenge isn't juvenile.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Lol well then you probably dont want to be in any Last Of Us 2, or State of Play threads, Because THIS IS REVENGE BABY!!

Why wouldn't I want to be in the threads? I thought TLoU1 was an amazing (if a little flawed) game and both Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy have shown that ND haven't lost their spark. I'm just worried that, as you said, the game's just going to be "REVENGE" to justify all the grimdark edgy violence.

And if anything those who are already sold on the game should be the ones missing these threads lol

Revenge/avenge isn't juvenile.

That quote's referring to both that and the ultra-violence that's been shown throughout the game's trailers so far. If all that's 'justifying' the violence is a story is "X killed Protagonist's Y. Go kill X. Become mad in the process." with nothing more to really add 'depth' to it then, to me, the story will be as juvenile as DOOM or the original Mad Max (just without the self-awareness).

Cool beans.
Off topic why is it when I quote someone a part of the original post gets cut off?

Are you on mobile? That's never happened to me before on Desktop. If not then I can't help you :(

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
In celebration of this here is compilation of gameplay of TLoU Remastered from an absolute madman who is clearly angry about things:

Let me know if any has gameplay videos that tops this...

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
Why wouldn't I want to be in the threads? I thought TLoU1 was an amazing (if a little flawed) game and both Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy have shown that ND haven't lost their spark. I'm just worried that, as you said, the game's just going to be "REVENGE" to justify all the grimdark edgy violence.

All Im saying is that its going to be about revenge. Naught dog 2nd games in a series is always about Revenge.

Violater

Nov 19, 2017

And if anything those who are already sold on the game should be the ones missing these threads lol

That quote's referring to both that and the ultra-violence that's been shown throughout the game's trailers so far. If all that's 'justifying' the violence is a story is "X killed Protagonist's Y. Go kill X. Become mad in the process." with nothing more to really add 'depth' to it then, to me, the story will be as juvenile as DOOM or the original Mad Max (just without the self-awareness).

Are you on mobile? That's never happened to me before on Desktop. If not then I can't help you :(
Desktop. Ohh well.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
it will be great but I will not play PS4 version, I will wait for glorious native 4k and 60 fps

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London

You expect ND to make a straightforward rather shoddy revenge story after their work on TLoU and Uncharted 4?

Yeah, not going to happen.