EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Question about Seattle Day 2..

Ellie finds out that Abby is at the aquarium because she makes Nora talk but in the cutscene, Nora does not say that?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
No, the chapter select menu gets reset when you start new game plus, you need to go through it all again.
I've kept multiple manual saves from my first run as well, but yeah if I load that I guess it will load THAT instance of the game world and not save the character abilities.

Ah well, it's not like I have any complaints replaying this brilliant game again. Gives me a chance to play around with different accessibility options I didn't use before.

Question about Seattle Day 2..

Ellie finds out that Abby is at the aquarium because she makes Nora talk but in the cutscene, Nora does not say that?

The implication is that

Ellie continued beating and torturing Nora after the scene faded to blank, Nora did not die after the first 2 strikes you see Ellie give her before the camera cuts.

Hence why Ellie has more blood on her than she did before the screen cut.

Oct 25, 2017
Just hit the 25 hour mark. This game almost feels impossible when it comes to the quality level they hit -- and continue to hit. This is the best work Naughty Dog has ever done by a long shot, and it shows. I mean, you could absolutely hate the story of the game and still come to this conclusion: it is a work. An absolute behemoth of digital entertainment firing on every cylinder. The quality is so high it makes me kind of wonder if it is an outcome of sustainable work, or if ND will bleed talent due to this thing. As a prestige piece of entertainment, it just seems unparalleled, but nothing is free, and I wonder about the cost of such of breadth and depth. I love that we have it.

I have been trying to emotionally prepare myself for the ending, but in a way I think the game has naturally done that for me: I feel partly beaten. Like, whatever happens, and I'm okay with it at this point. There's a part of you that just wants to see it through by the end, somewhat exhausting -- is it by design, I wonder, or is the game needlessly long? Maybe it's not even that long -- it just feels like it is, because every 5 minutes has a level of intensity that most games never hit, even at their climax.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
I just can't help exploring every nook and cranny which kinda makes the cinematic feel a little bit lost lol. Anyway will start day 2 tonight.

Oct 28, 2017
I feel so behind everyone. I am 13.5 hours in and
Just vegan to set out for the aquarium with Jesse. I feel like I can't play this game for too long of a time, it makes me stressed.

Oct 29, 2017
I really loved how repeatedly exploring different city-like parts of Seattle didn't feel repetitive to me thanks to the variety in explorable buildings. Like, one time you'd be exploring a bagel shop, then a bank, a pet store, and so on...

I felt really excited whenever I saw that I'd be exploring more of the city, because it meant that I'd get to see the inside of more different locales, all with nice little details thrown in the scattered notes and stuff that gave you another perspective on what the people who used to live there went through.

Not to mention the
museum and aquarium
parts, which were on another level and really brought the world alive. The first time you explore those two are definitely my favorite parts of the game.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
more than 20 hours in the game and man that game is really really special...
This Scenarios, the animation, facial expression, voice acting, animations during combat, the level design.
and man, this gameplay...
just how?
i am playing On survivor and basically the encounters are so tense and well made that really looks like you are playing like a huge AAA tv series from HBO.
how?
its A perfect mix of amazing level design, incredible animations and responsive gameplay.
only 3 problems until now:
on survivor, enemies has a little bit to much accuracy aiming in my opinion and I think that Ellie should have a skill that make her a little faster to aiming and change weapons...
the last problem is that this is the first game I am playing in HDR with my new TV and I am facing some really annoying framerate issues in some areas.
I played the first 3 hours in my old tv ( that is 4K but don't have HDR) and didn't noticied framerate issues and when I continued the game in my new tv this happen.
any tips?
its a game problem or something with my tv or calibration?

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Man, that was a pure masterpiece, Naughty Dog really raised the bar for them, and maybe for the industry too. And I was surprised how the game had a "happy" ending, the moment Ellie stepped out of her house I thought, "Yeah, she's going to die". But good thing that was not the case and the game knew how to get its message across that way, I really wanted her to be reconciled to Dina, maybe we'll see that in a future ''Part 3''.
And another point is how the game used the 25 hours in a sublime way, I don't feel like it had a single second that was wasted, it's a literally perfect single-player experience from the point of view of consumption.
Thanks Naughty Dog for this game, it was something I needed in these bad times (yes, I know it's ironic that a game so heavy and dense to be what I ''needed'', but it is what it is)

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
End of Seattle Day 2

I understand now that Neil killed off Joel in the first 2-3 hours and decided he would flesh out in later cutscenes and flashbacks all the character development between Joel and Ellie. I understand now why some people would have a problem with this: the game doesn't earn your reaction to Joel dying, it promises to earn it later after you learn he and Ellie DID discuss the lie, and did have lots of father daughter recreation, etc. I can understand that this kind of "I'll shock you now and explain it later" narrative would bring pacing issues and piss some people off. So far though I feel like even though Joel's death was not as momentous as ND seemed to want to make it for me, I trusted them to reveal to me more about Joel and Ellie, and they did. I'm bought into the experience now.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Just want to say that the first encounter with the Scars was the greatest most atmospheric enemy introduction I've witnessed in a good long while. And playing with the Platinum headset hearing their communication with 3D sound was brilliant.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I'm noticing I blink less when I'm playing - especially in the dark parts. It's like I'm scared to miss something lol. Eyes literally dry out 😂

It really bothers me that people are hating on such a spectacular game. And the idea of reading spoilers and deciding not to play it - how incredibly small-minded that seems. I truly hope the brainless haters don't hurt the commercial success of the game.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I feel so behind everyone. I am 13.5 hours in and
Just vegan to set out for the aquarium with Jesse. I feel like I can't play this game for too long of a time, it makes me stressed.
Just take your time and play it in smaller chunks, trying to rush the game is detriment to the whole experience. You may start feeling frustrated when coming to a new set of combat encounter rather than appreciating that it is an awesome encounter to play through

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
You guys keep saying it's too easy, too many resources etc - I'm over here dying plenty on Moderate difficulty and feeling like I have to contemplate every bullet I shoot!

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Are the manual saves in this unreliable? I thought I messed up the first couple times I noticed weirdness, but tonight I hit one brief stopping point where I 100% made a manual save after getting a couple particular collectibles or clearing an encounter, and reloading that manual save dropped me back in without those things.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not that far in the game, but I'm tired of finding written notes in AAA games explaining why the enemy faction is so fanatical and evil.

A lot of these games go to fairly great lengths to explain the crazy levels of violence. Last of Us seems to try a little harder to humanize everyone but it still feels like a game that wants to feature one protagonist killing 500 dudes while also looking realistic.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As much as this is about the central characters and themes around hate, revenge, loss, retribution, redemption etc, I really do also think a core part of the story is a pseudo analogy of the Israel Palestine conflict.

I've briefly heard Druckmann talk about his experience growing up in the West Bank, and it clearly had a profound impact on his upbringing and world views.

I can't help but feel there's elements of that conflict in the Seraphites and WLF, including the moral grey, the religious devotion, one side using military might, the other guerilla warfare, the cycle and continuation of violence for what both sides deem as a just right to the land, the dehumanisation of one another, the irony in the morality and views of both sides, taking religious scripture out of context to justify horror and violence, the harsh and dangerous nature of deep sewn cultural or political beliefs and so on.

There's just so much more here beneath it all, and as someone who's visited Palestine and Israel, and had more of a first hand experience or take from both sides, it sort of hits harder pondering on all this.

Honestly, there's so much underlying nuance here, and as much as it's been harrowing to experience, it's also been insightful, engaging, at times beautiful, but ultimately routinely rewarding.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game and wow....

The gameplay and quality are easily 10/10. This is why I never have an issue with buying a Naughty Dog game day 1.

I have no idea how I feel about the story. I will put my thoughts in the other thread but I need to take a deep breath first.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Are the manual saves in this unreliable? I thought I messed up the first couple times I noticed weirdness, but tonight I hit one brief stopping point where I 100% made a manual save after getting a couple particular collectibles or clearing an encounter, and reloading that manual save dropped me back in without those things.

I think the manual save saves it for the last checkpoint you hit, not the exact spot you save it.

Anyone else spending too much time playing guitar? I had an hour long jam session last night. It was awesome.

The videos of people using the in-game guitar to do genuine covers are amazing.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
This is a minor pet peeve, but I hate how slow workbench crafting is. Want to upgrade my one gun all 4 times at once because I've decided to commit to it. Watch an animation of her pulling the gun apart, pick an upgrade, watch an animation of her applying the upgrade and putting the gun back together. Reenter the menu and watch her pull the gun apart again.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
So maybe its because I played the original game several times over including beating in on Grounded but does Survivor feel a bit "easy" to anyone? You're never that short for supplies, I've always got ammo for several guns even having to leave some when I find it because I can't carry anymore and while the enemy AI is much improved over the first game you get so many upgrades so easily and quickly by doing a bit of exploring that you're able to go rambo on them much of the time. That and does breaking car windows actually do anything? I have never found anything in a car.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
So maybe its because I played the original game several times over including beating in on Grounded but does Survivor feel a bit "easy" to anyone? You're never that short for supplies, I've always got ammo for several guns even having to leave some when I find it because I can't carry anymore and while the enemy AI is much improved over the first game you get so many upgrades so easily and quickly by doing a bit of exploring that you're able to go rambo on them much of the time. That and does breaking car windows actually do anything? I have never found anything in a car.

You definitely get more supplies this time around on Survivor outside of ammo, you should use the explosives in particular more liberally.

trappedinsap

Jul 26, 2019
There is at least one collectible in a car! 😊

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope ND adds a Grounded mode into the game at some point. I'd like it to be as brutal and unforgiving as the first games. Turn off all the hints and prompts, no listen mode, gun shots should be an instant kill unless you're at full health, meager supplies and enemies rarely drop anything. Hell I'd even take it a step further and make it so just running away far enough isn't enough for a dog to lose track of your scent and maybe even making enemies far more aware of you knocking shit over as you leap over ledges and desks or while you move through cluttered areas.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Jesus Christ.....that entire sequence right before you:

You start playing as Abby for Seattle day 1 got my heart beating quick. Like...there's so much to unpack. I feel just as shaken up as Abby and Ellie do. Mel and Owen dying. Ellie losing her composure. Abny kling Jesse for revenge. The Abby flashback. My God this game really dows a fantastic job of making the player feel as shaken as the main characters do. So many emotions. I gotta stop for now because that was intense and really blurs the lines between "right and wrong" /SPOILER]

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Just rolled credits.

What an incredible piece of art. It was relentless and epic, touching and heart breaking. Absolutely stunned at just how much on another level it is from everything that's come before.

May 10, 2020

have you tried the accessibility options? there is one for supplies, ammo, damage, etc. Haven't tried it myself yet but might be useful.

www.playstation.com

The Last of Us Part II - PS4 Games | PlayStation

Get The Last of Us Part II, Action, Adventure game for PS4 console from the official PlayStation website. Explore The Last of Us Part II game detail, demo, images, videos, reviews.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I really think they should re-think how they handle the looting system. Having to scour every inch of every building for ammo/supplies really takes away from the pacing and story, but it does make sense in the world. I don't know how to solve it, but jogging and backstepping up and down aisles is a little cumbersome.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Just reached the halfway point. By all means, the narrative has redeemed itself for me. I trusted Naughty Dog to explain what's going on and I "get it" now. What a story. Hope that's not a spoiler.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
This game has done a surprisingly good job of being scary at times.
The hospital garage had me so fucking tense. That was such a good introduction to a new enemy.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
End of Seattle Day 2

I understand now that Neil killed off Joel in the first 2-3 hours and decided he would flesh out in later cutscenes and flashbacks all the character development between Joel and Ellie. I understand now why some people would have a problem with this: the game doesn't earn your reaction to Joel dying, it promises to earn it later after you learn he and Ellie DID discuss the lie, and did have lots of father daughter recreation, etc. I can understand that this kind of "I'll shock you now and explain it later" narrative would bring pacing issues and piss some people off. So far though I feel like even though Joel's death was not as momentous as ND seemed to want to make it for me, I trusted them to reveal to me more about Joel and Ellie, and they did. I'm bought into the experience now.

Exactly.

It was an extremely risky move but it really pays off in the end. I was one who wasn't upset he dies so early but the flashbacks did a fantastic job showing the player the state of their relationship before his and Ellie's thoughts on Joel's lies. Shit hits hard too. Really makes you rethink and reevaluate his decision to save her

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Jesus Christ.....that entire sequence right before you:

You start playing as Abby for Seattle day 1 got my heart beating quick. Like...there's so much to unpack. I feel just as shaken up as Abby and Ellie do. Mel and Owen dying. Ellie losing her composure. Abny kling Jesse for revenge. The Abby flashback. My God this game really dows a fantastic job of making the player feel as shaken as the main characters do. So many emotions. I gotta stop for now because that was intense and really blurs the lines between "right and wrong" /SPOILER]
I don't think any game has given me a panic attack before, nearer the end I just wanted the violence to stop and I was so worried what was going to happen to these characters.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This game has done a surprisingly good job of being scary at times.
The hospital garage had me so fucking tense. That was such a good introduction to a new enemy.
That area is simultaneously one of my favorites and one of my most hated. It's so well done.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
I don't think any game has given me a panic attack before, nearer the end I just wanted the violence to stop and I was so worried what was going to happen to these characters.

Like....Imma be lucid dreaming about this game tonight lmao
Its just so much to take in.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
This game is definitely easier than TLOU1, I'm playing on Hard and I got through the first half of the game without really any deaths at all, and in the second half of the game it's usually not more than once per encounter. I beat TLOU1 on Survivor and that was a lot more rough (ugh the David section).

I really think they should re-think how they handle the looting system. Having to scour every inch of every building for ammo/supplies really takes away from the pacing and story, but it does make sense in the world. I don't know how to solve it, but jogging and backstepping up and down aisles is a little cumbersome.
Turn on Enhanced Listening Mode and and just ping collectibles, high contrast mode too, you can get them all as fast as possible. It's not great but it gets it over with.