• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
As much as I want to play it, I'm not sure if I'll be in the mood for the tone of this game right now.

Understandable. I've seen quite a lot of people saying this.

I'll play it but i'll probably need to myself a Switch to play some mario or Kirby after this one tbh, lmao.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
That's what's gonna play on TV? That's amazing

Also, pretty much confirms an early spoiler that we all assumed would happen

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
People keep saying TLOUII already looks next-gen or that graphics already look good enough, but these CG trailers are proof these games could still look better.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
It's finally so close.. I can't wait and the pre orders are sky high for what I've seen on the media.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
People keep saying TLOUII already looks next-gen or that graphics already look good enough, but these CG trailers are proof these games could still look better.

If you want gameplay with graphics in CG quality you need to wait 2 or 3 more gens.

The cutscenes are close to CG quality on this and on FF7 Remake but to see gameplay like that I think we still need 10 years or more.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I've got a 4 day weekend lined up for this bad boy. Cannot wait to peel back as many layers as I possibly can - especially on my workdays off with no one in the house LoL

This shit looks amazing. so hyped.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
amazing and beautifully composed, Ashley sings very well.

but like Kratos's face on GOW CG ad, Ellie's face is kinda off.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
amazing and beautifully composed, Ashley sings very well.

but like Kratos's face on GOW CG ad, Ellie's face is kinda off.

It's a CG thing.. we are used to the in game high quality models.

The CG faces on 7 Remake and GoW look "weird" just because we are not used to the full CG animation.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
I don't know about that.. on God of War.. 7 Remake and TLOU 2 the ingame models are insanely good and look just like the in game cutscenes.

yeah, there's no differece between in game and cutscenes models in these games, i mean the in game model against the CG one.

god-of-war-2018-kratos-dublado-trailer.jpg

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this on ESPN last night.

I wanted to look away due to trying to avoid anything TLoU 2 related...but I couldn't.

I'm so ready to play this uugggh. Because I also wanna wait to play it first on PS5.

Shazz

The Fallen
Nov 10, 2017
The original song was listed in the thread on first page but this song follows this cover

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't read any spoilers so this is just obvious speculation, but is it widely known that Ellie is out for revenge for her friend? It's so obvious in the trailer I'm wondering if they put that in an official synopsis or anything as well? Tried to keep my nose clear of any info on the game so I might just be out of date

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I haven't read any spoilers so this is just obvious speculation, but is it widely known that Ellie is out for revenge for her friend? It's so obvious in the trailer I'm wondering if they put that in an official synopsis or anything as well? Tried to keep my nose clear of any info on the game so I might just be out of date
Naughty Dog is well known for narrative misdirection with their trailers and marketing for their games... Keep that in mind whenever you see official marketing for ANY Naughty Dog game.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Naughty Dog is well known for narrative misdirection with their trailers and marketing for their games... Keep that in mind whenever you see official marketing for ANY Naughty Dog game.
I hope so! I was a bit bummed by what I thought was gonna happen to her friend being revealed in the trailers. Would love to be surprised

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
"How much better can game graphics really get?"

Do you think there's a chance that next-gen consoles could possibly match this perceptually? Like, obviously the PS5 and XSX could never render this exact trailer in real-time, but could they possibly get something so good that most people couldn't tell the difference at a glance?

Yeah - the fact that this plot point is being so, so heavily hinted at yet not just admitted outright by the devs is making me extremely suspicious. Though part of it is also that I really don't want them to do a standard bury-your-gays thing. I'm sure the game and story will mostly be excellent but that would be a low point for sure.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Music is going to be a big part of this game isn't it?

- Ellie guitar concept art
- psx 2016 reveal, set to Ellie's vocals/guitar
- psx 2017 panel, Joel and Ellie duet live performance with Joel on guitar
- final trailer, Set to Ellie's vocals/guitar