• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Some people really seem to think that releasing game is only about printing dics or codes especially during a pandemic, or they can just decide a date randomly.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how it'll be though.

The original was great but uncharted 4 was good but not special

No reviewer would dare give this under 90

I'm sure it'll be good but definitely waiting for reviews
If this was true for other games, then all games reviews are bullshit. But then again, it's not. You are accusing gaming journalists of dishonesty without any evidence.

On topic: It's weird that Sony made a huge fuss about this just because of a month of delay. They cancelled pre-orders and even stated indefinite delay. I seriously doubt that by June COVID 19 won't be a problem anymore. I could some relaxation of stay at home orders, but it's not going to be true everywhere.

Just That Simple

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I've worked in retail a huge chunk of my life. People arent going into stores right now to buy physical media.

FF7 released 2 weeks early unplanned in Australia. Did they ruin their relationship with american retailers?
FF7 was shipped early in Europe and Australia because they wanted to ensure that people got their copies in time. And two weeks is a hell of a shorter time compared to the two months between now and TLoU 2

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Some people really have no concept of how the real world works. Either there is a lack of understanding of how severe the pandemic is or they have the mind set that games can be developed and released in an instant. When they originally delayed the game, there was no certainty about how long the pandemic will last, how many people will die, how long countries would be in lock down, and how much of an impact there has been on manufacturer. So you can't accurately predict a new release date. Hence why it had an indefinite delay.

Now people honestly think that Sony is forgoing weeks of safety precautions and planning because of a leak and that they made determined the new release date in a matter of hours. Does that seem plausable? Gamers are really desperate to believe that giant corporations are consistently affected by the things that they post online. But in reality they barely move the needle, especially when compared to deadly pandemics and multi-million dollar business and marketing deals.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Less than 2 months, wow, fantastic news.

GOT is 100% getting delayed then, no way Sony releases 2 AAA exclusives one after the other lol

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
I can say I understand this delay has been handled with more force than needed, even if it wasn't related to the whole game being out there now.

A three week delay is why they were cancelling and refunding digital preorders? How many here assumed they'd be playing it in June after they did this?
That's just the PlayStation Store's policy, If a game doens't have a release date it can't be pre ordered. That's why pre orderes got cancelled and refunded.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can say I understand this delay has been handled with more force than needed, even if it wasn't related to the whole game being out there now.

A three week delay is why they were cancelling and refunding digital preorders? How many here assumed they'd be playing it in June after they did this?
A big thing here seems to be you assuming this was intentional, in contrast to your prior post, as if they already knew the new release date from the day they delayed it or something. That's the only way this makes sense.

But obviously they didn't. They took a precautious proactive stance regarding COVID-19 because no one knew how this thing would pan out, at all.

That it's releasing when it is is because of avoiding worst-case circumstances.

But there was no way of actually knowing that when they delayed it.... That's why they delayed it in the first place. Just in case things really went for the worst case situation, they'd be ready for that as well.

But fortunately, they didn't. That's why it's releasing earlier rather than later. That's all.

Naughty Dog took a precautious stance, just in case.
Things avoided the worst case scenario.
They're able to release earlier rather than later.

They're not omniscient. They're not soothsayers or anything like that. They played it safe, things worked out better rather than worse. No need for conspiracies or implications the delay itself was unnecessary or no big deal just because things worked out for the better rather than the worse because that's to entirely misunderstand the reason for the delay in the first play (that there is in fact no way of knowing how these things will go until they actually happen).

Last edited:

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Movies often release digitally before physical and somehow that relationship remains intact.

Those digital releases have been negotiated with retailers though prior, as a type of industry standard. That's presumably not the case here. And unlike home video releases for film, physical still remains a significant share of video game sales where retailers will have a lot more leverage.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
On topic: It's weird that Sony made a huge fuss about this just because of a month of delay.

That isn't what happened. Sony didn't make a 'huge fuss" and they didn't know the new release date when they delayed it.

They cancelled pre-orders

Because it no longer had a date.

and even stated indefinite delay.

"Indefinite" means "unknown" or "vague." It does not mean "a long time."

I seriously doubt that by June COVID 19 won't be a problem anymore. I could some relaxation of stay at home orders, but it's not going to be true everywhere.

As noted time and time again, both in this thread and previous threads, it isn't about "COVID-19 not being a problem."

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Perfect. 2 months of blackout then I can enjoy this. Should be over my warzone addiction by then too

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Whole game will be spoiled by assholes before it comes out. They should have released it now instead of waiting for months.

First: Damn you fcking leakers
2nd: big middle finger to ND and Sony for delaying this like 3 times.

I know some asshole will spoil this for me in a meme or random twitter/IG post.

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
A lot of things in the world are totally unpredictable now. I think this is the best case scenario and I'm super happy that it's sooner rather than later. For such a downer of a game I'm expecting it to be, this is probably one of the best news I've gotten all month long.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
YES!

Way less of a delay than I thought it was going to be, I honestly thought it was going to be set back to November at first.

Seriously can't wait.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Sounds awesome. I wonder if we'll see PS5 beforehand. If so, it might persuade me (and others) to wait longer and play it there.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Whole game will be spoiled by assholes before it comes out. They should have released it now instead of waiting for months.

Yes, boo to Sony and ND for delaying a game a few times for such outrageous reasons as 'it's not finished yet' and 'global pandemic'

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Sony Summer is about to commence! Even in these uncertain times, I'm thankful they're putting it out. That June release date reminiscent of the first game, what a time!

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA

They're spoiling it in twitch chat now as well. I've been lucky so far and have missed it.

flobber

Nov 1, 2019
Nice, that's less than 8 weeks away!

Have ND released any footage of the game running on base PS4?, hoping I won't be missing out on too much of the grandeur by not having a Pro.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
where are all the pepole telling me these delays were to get the MP ready? When is the announcement coming for that?

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
they will buy the game. And we know why they delayed it.
We know why they delayed it. No one doubts that. But they delayed it with no release date. And per Sony policy they don't accept preorders on games without release dates. So they had to refund people. Not everyone that preordered will do so again. That is just a fact. More likely too now that the game has leaked.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
YES!!!!!!

I thought for sure this wouldn't even make July.

Also, there's no way Ghost of Tsushima launches the next week, right?

Edit: Seen the small delay for Ghost too, which is good imo. Both games need a bit of space.

Oct 27, 2017