• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
It certainly seems like we're getting something more mature this time out from The Last of Us Part II. In imagery available via the official website for the sequel, you can see that the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) has awarded the upcoming title an M/17+ Rating. In itself, this isn't major news for the series. This is the exact same rating given to The Last of Us and The Last of Us: Left Behind. Where it differs, however, is the accompanying content descriptors of the rating. Whereas The Last of Us has 'Sexual Themes,' Part II is tipped to have both 'Sexual Content' and 'Nudity'.

The gulf between 'Sexual Themes' and 'Sexual Content' might seem minuscule, but there is a definite difference between the two:

Sexual Content – Non-explicit depictions of sexual behavior, possibly including partial nudity.
Sexual Themes – References to sex or sexuality.

Dualshockers : https://www.dualshockers.com/the-la...rating/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
God, Sony is running these sites dry not announcing anything new.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As I said in the other thread, we did see Ellie shirtless in the last trailer (back only)

Wonder if that already counts as partial nudity?

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
To think we'd be playing it in a week from now if the game didn't get delayed... Hoping for the best. Plus it gives me time to finish Days Gone at least.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Hope it doesn't have a sex scene. These were always cringeworthy so far.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
This game man.. I feel like I won't recover for a while from it after playing it.

FF 7 Remake and TLOU2 are my GOTY contenders by far this year.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Given it's ND I'm sure they'll pull it off well. Man, that game's looming closer and closer and I STILL need to preorder my copy. I don't know if I wanna do digital or go for the physical lol.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Show me those Naughty Dog quality dicks

Coming right up

vlcsnap-2020-02-02-18obkn1.png

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
I really liked the first Last of Us, I was so impressed by it....but every single thing they show and talk about with this sequel has appealed to me like not at all.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
bullshit, doughnut drake is all the sexual content you need #thicc #thiccygotwet #ludonarrativeflubberance

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Big whoop (but I guess it's somewhat important for the US market?).

Anyway, just gimme engaging gameplay and interesting characters.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Relax, I have no doubt that it will be tasteful.

Plum

May 31, 2018
This thread is a really good example of the whole "Americans are more afraid of sex than violence," thing.

Naughty Dog can base pretty much their entire early marketing campaign around brutal uncut violence and nobody cares but when there's even a hint that there might be some sexy times (there won't be) there's cause for a thread and a news story on the matter.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
what if the sex scene is at the level of jacob's from mass effect 2

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is a really good example of the whole "Americans are more afraid of sex than violence," thing.

Naughty Dog can show an uncut context less torture scene for one of their trailers and very few people care but even a hint that there might be some sexy times (there won't be; this game is going full-in on edge and consensual loving sex ain't edgy enough) is cause for a thread and a news story on the matter.

Except for the numerous articles whining about it tot he point that Jim Ryan had to come out and address it.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
CDProjekt and Bioware aren't Sony

I have yet to play TW2 (properly) and 3 but I think TW2 has partial nudity right at the start but I can't recall if they show folks having 'sex' (then again, I only just about played an hour's worth of TW3). And if the book and show are any indication, there is a lot of coitus, nudity and violence.

As for Bioware..... I can't recall partial nudity aside from seeing topless male Shep, but in retrospect, the entire journey to get into someone's pants via selecting a few right answer, feels really shallow.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Naughty Dog can show an uncut context less torture scene for one of their trailers and very few people care

Evidently you were around when the "clip her wings" trailer was released. People here very much took issue with the level of violence on display. There was multiple massive threads on it.

People in this thread are all positive on the game.

edit: well more like mostly.