• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Fucking yikes

Yeah, it sucks getting a free 60fps patch to the most technically impressive console game ever released 🙄

it sucks having that 7 months after PS5 launch. Even Ratcher from 2016 got it faster bruh, and that studio is close to launching their first next gen game. Its cool that its free upgrade but 99% players were expecting more significant PS5 upgrade, even if it was paid. 60fps patch should be there since last year honestly.

Oct 27, 2017
Hate that Sony continue to be lazy with patches to their PS4 games instead of native PS5 ports. Even if they don't do visual enhancements even though some minor enhancements wouldn't take much either at the least they could be taking full advantage of the SSD and Dualsense. Patches to PS4 games are too limited.
Do you know how much work and money a whole port would take?

We should be glad they are doing patches...

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Hate that Sony continue to be lazy with patches to their PS4 games instead of native PS5 ports. Even if they don't do visual enhancements even though some minor enhancements wouldn't take much either at the least they could be taking full advantage of the SSD and Dualsense. Patches to PS4 games are too limited.
Well.. God of War and TLOU 2 are pretty much top tier even compared to current next gen games in the visual department.

All they needed was a locked 60 fps and they got that now.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
People will always complain about it when it hits 58 fps for 1% of their playthrough. Maybe even try to sue them in the US. So a while ago Sony (and other devs) just started saying "targeting xx fps" even when it still hits 60 like 99.99% of the time just to cover themselves.
No different than Sony saying XX% backwards compatibility but people keep on trying to find some weird thing about it when companies state this stuff to cover themselves legally because damn near everything isnt perfect.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I completely understand not using the resources required to do a "remaster" for a bunch of their games. Sure, it would be awesome, but I'd prefer these devs continue to working on their new games. And I'm super happy to just get 60fps, especially because it ALSO comes for me with a big resolution boost (coming from the OG PS4).

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
Definitely the most needed one upgrade patch - though I wish we still had more; The PS Plus collection should at least have patches on all the games there. Going to have to do another play through now. I assume updating the SDK and rebuilding the game is too much of a hurdle for most; I'd hope they'd find a way to make this easier for devs.

I want to see Sony make a "Backwards Compatibility" team (Like MS) dedicated to updating the visuals on old games and bringing emulation to the older consoles in an enhanced way.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
This is incredible news. I stopped my second playthrough a quarter of the way through hoping that this would happen.

Hey Kojima, where you at with the Death Stranding Patch!?

BranCrackr

Oct 4, 2019
I still think we'll get a "Remastered" native PS5 version alongside the eventual TLOU1 PS5 remake. Those two in a package for $70 with first-party standard level of quality to take advantage of all of the PS5's features is something I can get behind, especially now that the "we just wanted 60 fps" crowd gets their free upgrade.
No way it'd be $70 for both lol

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I completely understand not using the resources required to do a "remaster" for a bunch of their games. Sure, it would be awesome, but I'd prefer these devs continue to working on their new games. And I'm super happy to just get 60fps, especially because it ALSO comes for me with a big resolution boost (coming from the OG PS4).
Right wtf, why the hell would they be remastering games after a year when they have a ton of new shit they are working on. makes no sense to me.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Yeah I could see that. I wonder if they could find a way to charge for a full remaster after this? I think they'll also patch Lost Legacy and Uncharted 4 at some point.
They could probably justify it by including the remake of 1. Last of Us part 1 and 2 using full ps5 features and a multiplayer would def move some units

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I still think we'll get a "Remastered" native PS5 version alongside the eventual TLOU1 PS5 remake. Those two in a package for $70 with first-party standard level of quality to take advantage of all of the PS5's features is something I can get behind, especially now that the "we just wanted 60 fps" crowd gets their free upgrade.
Well Jason implied this very thing will happen. I think maybe next year.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017

This is with the assumption you know how much work goes into utilising the SSD and adding DualSense support. Can't exactly attributing it to "laziness". 60fps is great for now and they said they'll be adding more enhancements

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
"Targeted 60FPS" does not inspire a lot of confidence.

If Naughty Dog can't get a last-generation game running at a consistent 60, I worry about where the framerates of current gen games are headed.

But, I guess I'll wait and see what Digital Foundry has to say. Hopefully it's a constant 60 for those running at 1080P.

Watch the DF video about it. Like some said, targeting is just a covering their ass situation. Nothing wrong with that.

www.youtube.com

Exclusive: The Last of Us Part 2 PS5 Patch - 60FPS Upgrade Tested!

It's been a long time coming but finally it is in our hands. The Last of Us Part 2 has been patched to support PlayStation 5, with 'back compat plus' functio...

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
Oh wow, I wonder what took them so long. I'll definitely finish my second playthrough now to get my hand on that platinum trophy.

Oct 28, 2017
coming back to give another generation of games a run for their money lol. This looks better then anything since launch, period.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Kindly asking ND to charge me for a remaster of UC4/LL

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
coming back to give another generation of games a run for their money lol. This looks better then anything since launch, period.

There's nothing comparable to it in terms of a complete package visually. Some games may have better textures or lighting because of the additional power that new consoles have given them, but in terms of a full package it's still in a league of its own.

Oct 25, 2017
I owned it for almost a year now. Only played the intro then got side tracked. Decided to wait for the Ps5…. FINALLY THE TIME HAS COME! Between this and finally playing FF7R, 2020 gaming here I come.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
For the EU folks i just got the prompt for patch 1.08 to download. (germany)

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands

My thoughts as well. Including Factions, and probably 'in time' for the HBO series when it premieres.

It wouldnt surprise me if the TLOU1 Remake is based on the TLOU2 engine (Jason Schreier alludes as much on Twitter); and that TLOU2 will get all the new upgrades as well.