NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Fuckkkkkk.

So what does economical/logistical even mean? That sounds to me like they are delaying it because they can't market it as heavily as they could if people weren't stuck in their homes? Why are they not adding Ghost of Tsuhima to the list? That's only coming out 1 month after both of these are due.

economical-the economy is going to shit and could be worse in a month, which could affect people's abilities to spend $60 on a video game
logistical-Things with COVID19 and it's impacts are changing on the daily, and expected to hit a peak in April/May, so we have no idea what kind of impact we could have on our ability to press and ship discs to retailers and customers.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how feasible it is but there needs to be a big digital push. Really advertise the marketplace/store/eshop/etc.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018

giphy.gif

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuckkkkkk.

So what does economical/logistical even mean? That sounds to me like they are delaying it because they can't market it as heavily as they could if people weren't stuck in their homes? Why are they not adding Ghost of Tsuhima to the list? That's only coming out 1 month after both of these are due.
They probably will add GoT to the list. The US is at 6.6 million unemployed right now. If it did release it might not make as much as money as it could.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 launch game, I knew it.
Still I bet there a loads of disappointed people out there, can't be helped given the climate.

Oct 30, 2017
Who said anything about not releasing on PS4 too? You are attacking a strawman.
The idea of delaying a game even more further which is almost done on PS4 just to work and release it with PS5 version which the irony is the PS5 is ALREADY BC and ALREADY have launch games made specifically for it.... it's very ridiculous and silly.

We want to play the game ASAP.. if some wants to play it on PS5 then wait for a patch or Remastered version or whatever down the line.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
I wish they wouldn't try to spin this has "providing the launch experience our players deserve" as if they're doing us a favour by delaying. They've delayed the games for financial reasons, because the current situation would impact sales and their return on investment, not because it would be unfair if some people can't play it a launch.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I'm betting this game will get released on PS5 too. Makes sense for any PS4 game delays to also create a PS5 version, so Sony takes a page from Nintendo and releases a AAA game on console release too.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Era*: ND crunch culture is toxic poison that must be ERADICATED AT ALL COSTS!!

Also Era: I don't see why they don't just that PS4 game they've been working on for years and are days away from finalizing, and crunch even harder to rush out next-gen port out on an unfamiliar system in mere months cuz lulz.

*Not all users

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
The next few months are going to be brutal for game delays and TV/film delays. We're going to be looking at a period of very little (by today's standards) content being released on a regular basis. Thank god for backlogs.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So LOU 2 was going to release the same time as Xenoblade DE, part of me thinks maybe they didn't want to lose sales against Xenoblade, maybe game wasn'g polished enough and needs more work and this COV-19 was a good opportunity but again Sony's and its internal studios making whatever decisions.
Now that is funny.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Fuckkkkkk.

It means that and many other things. Getting the physical release to people is the biggest challenge, as is the massive effort that a game launch like this requires on all fronts of Sony's business.

As for why GoT hasn't been delayed yet, it's likely just the simple matter of Sony not having made that decision yet. Massive shifts in plans like this aren't ones to take lightly, so if Sony sees any potential ways for GoT to release on time then they will take that into consideration.

I do think it's getting delayed, though. I wouldn't be surprised if every major release of this year gets delayed either until the holidays or until 2021.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So LOU 2 was going to release the same time as Xenoblade DE, part of me thinks maybe they didn't want to lose sales against Xenoblade, maybe game wasn'g polished enough and needs more work and this COV-19 was a good opportunity but again Sony's and its internal studios making whatever decisions.

If this isn't sarcasm ... what the hell, man.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damnit man :( I get it, and we have bigger problems on our hands, but damnit. I just went from 60% to 90% sure next gen is getting pushed.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if this is sarcasm.

Jan 29, 2018
Fuckkkkkk.

To the economical part, 10 million new people claimed unemployment in the US in the last two weeks, which is bonkers. Way fewer people are going to be buying games in May than anyone would've thought a few weeks ago.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Can they not release it just digitally? We are going there anyways
probably don't want to have a situation of haves and have nots, where people who are digital only play it digitally, and people who are deadset on buying it physically wait, resulting in people potentially getting spoiled, and ruining their enjoyment of the game.

People going to retail to get a videogame just isn't in the cards with how bad things in the U.S. are, and online retailers like Amazon are struggling to keep up with the crazy amount of orders, people are putting in for essential goods.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
It's disappointing to hear about TLOU2 but the everyone needs to be protected. I will be there day 1 to pick it up/download when it comes out even if that means it's fall.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
And then those physical people are in a position where they have to avoid spoilers for a time that's completely unknown to them. Not exactly fair to them.

Couldn't they just buy a digital copy or wait untill physical copies get released?

When a game is a temporary exclusive, or takes months, mabye even years to launch on another plarform people somehow survive in a spoiler filled environment.

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How about they release it digital only until they sort out their issues. You got millions of players stuck at home and instead of selling them a game you're delaying so it can packaged in a box. Kinda lame.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
god. damn. it.

Glad I got a PC recently. I've got quite the PC backlog to work through during this pandemic.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
economical-the economy is going to shit and could be worse in a month, which could affect people's abilities to spend $60 on a video game
logistical-Things with COVID19 and it's impacts are changing on the daily, and expected to hit a peak in April/May, so we have no idea what kind of impact we could have on our ability to press and ship discs to retailers and customers.

Economic repercussions from covid19 are not going to be felt JUST in april-may.. its going to be from now on period.
Going by that, all game releases going forward are going to be affected then.

ALSO

So.. about people abilities to spend $500 on a video game console in November...