• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a beautiful masterpiece when it released, and I still think the same thing. I'm due for a replay actually!

It's no SOTC, but it's better than Ico. I need more Ueda in my life. I hope he finds a publisher for his next game...

OP
OP

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure it did impact Trico's behavior. In an interview with Glixel, Ueda mentioned that Trico actually has hidden barometers for hunger and trust, unrelated to main quest progression. So all of the pats, tidying up his feathers, cleaning the blood, removing spears, feeding him barrels outside of sections where you needed to in order to progress, all of that had a direct impact on your relationship.

My Trico was also very responsive in all 3 playthroughs so far.

Link to the interview, now only accessible through internet archives: https://web.archive.org/web/2017031...irector-on-trico-classic-anime-and-vr-w457582

It's a fantastic read, really recommend it.

So earlier when I said I was reading to much into it, I was actually right?

No wonder I never got why people had such a hard time making trico obey them
I never had any major issues with giving orders.

Oct 25, 2017
So earlier when I said I was reading to much into it, I was actually right?

No wonder I never got why people had such a hard time making trico obey them
I never had any major issues with giving orders.
Kind of, it's not as much autogenerated as it is a blank slate that will progress depending on your interactions. But the starting point is always the same, you can't get Trico misbehaving just because you were unlucky.

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
Very memorable game but the terrible controls, performance, and AI will probably ensure that I never play it again. Which is sad considering Shadow of the Colossus is one of greatest games of all time.

Oublieux

Oct 27, 2017
Very memorable game but the terrible controls, performance, and AI will probably ensure that I never play it again. Which is sad considering Shadow of the Colossus is one of greatest games of all time.

Pretty much how I felt about it! Some of the actions and traversal mechanics were just SO finicky. That combined with the not so great camera positioning sometimes marred the experience for me.

never

Oct 28, 2017
I loved every single frustrating minute I had with Trico, but I will never need or want to play that game again.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I loved it, and like ICO & SotC, the ending pulled some heartstrings and I really enjoyed it. Trico could be a bit clunky at times, but my experience wasn't nearly as frustrating as some people have claimed.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Very similar to the other Team ICO games

- Subpar mechanics/controls

- Beautiful world/art

- Great story/atmosphere

- Awesome music

Oct 27, 2017
I've just started a replay a few days ago, the first time since launch that I've played it. It has its foibles (annoying camera, frame rate that struggles) but it's a really magical experience that's like no other. I liked Ueda's two other games better but I'm glad they finished TLG and I'll see if it goes up in my estimations once I've finished this second play-through.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
welp just won $20 ps gift card in an online dbfz tournament so I guess I'll pick it up

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
It was extremely frustrating at times – enough so that I told myself I was done with it on a few occasions – but I made myself go back to it because I figured that it's a short enough game that I could tough it out. Ultimately I was glad I did, because the ending was worth it, and stuck with me for a very long time.