• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Unchecked growth and proliferation sounds a lot like the "Cro-Magnon problem", mutants taking over. And it's visually hinted at with the Kratoan habitats growing over existing structures.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Unchecked growth and proliferation sounds a lot like the "Cro-Magnon problem", mutants taking over. And it's visually hinted at with the Kratoan habitats growing over existing structures.

That's discussed in a later chart. The "unchecked growth and proliferation of cells" discussed above refers exclusively to the LIM proteins, which are hinted to have something to do with the human drugs Xavier/Cypher developed via Krakoa 2.1

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
sliding comic time aside, rogue has to be 30, not 20

She's almost certainly closer to 20 than 30.

Post secret wars, Marvel established it's only been about 12 years since Captain America came out of the ice in Avengers #4 ( Published March 1964). Uncanny Xmen #1 was only a few months earlier in September of 63.

Rogue made her debut quite a bit later in Avengers Annual #10 in 1981, and she was still in her teens around then, IIRC. No way for her to be 30 in the current timeline.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Marvel is never going to mention age for their characters going forward, but Cyclops is supposed to be in his late 20s. Rogue would be younger than that.

Post secret wars, Marvel established it's only been about 12 years since Captain America came out of the ice in Avengers #4 ( Published March 1964). Uncanny Xmen #1 was only a few months earlier in September of 63.

Rogue made her debut quite a bit later in Avengers Annual #10 in 1981, and she was still in her teens around then, IIRC. No way for her to be 30 in the current timeline.

guess you guys are right

i still think mags is a better romantic partner for her

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part is that to this day, I still don't know how Bishop came back from being the traitor.

This is the arc:
Uncanny X-Force (2013 - 2014)
Featuring really beautiful art by Adrian Alphona and the best looking Spiral I've seen in quite a while.

cCl8ysRl.png

Also, I highly recommend that you read Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force before this one as a lot of plot points from that one lead into this series.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
so i know tons of people have asked, but i'm going to ask again lol

what are some good "recent" runs to check out that are available in Unilimited? I just finished Red and am now reading Mr. & Mrs. X but I've been out of the loop for a long time and wouldn't mind checking out some great stuff (ie: i figure i should avoid yellow & blue based on this thread)

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Just read HoX yesterday... what an amazing start imho and it felt really fresh, I hope it continues to be like that through the 12 issues series.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
so i know tons of people have asked, but i'm going to ask again lol

what are some good "recent" runs to check out that are available in Unilimited? I just finished Red and am now reading Mr. & Mrs. X but I've been out of the loop for a long time and wouldn't mind checking out some great stuff (ie: i figure i should avoid yellow & blue based on this thread)
I've been out the X-Men loop a long time so this might not qualify as recent anymore, but def Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force. The Dark Angel Saga in particular is just one of the best comics I've read this decade.

Oct 26, 2017
The mutants have upper hand, they are trying to scare them to not start shit, but likes always probably will. This time they have no reason to fear that we've seen so far, unless they go AvengersvsXmen/Civil War on their ass, but even then
It would be so absurdly stupid of them to think given prior history that they have nothing to fear. I just can't accept their attitude given their previous interactions with powerful and malevolent groups of humans. A more intelligent group would NEVER underestimate an opponent as their arrogance suggests they're doing.

This is blowing my fucking mind.
616 isn't the 616 we knew. The whole multiverse was rebuilt so they can really do what they want, no matter if the changes are small or big.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Since some brought up lowercase letters used in the speech bubbles earlier, I remembered that Hickman made this tweet:

I wonder if these "insane rewrites" included changing the letter case. Maybe the lowercase text is just meant to throw us off or at least hint at the fact that

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Since some brought up lowercase letters used in the speech bubbles earlier, I remembered that Hickman made this tweet:

I wonder if these "insane rewrites" included changing the letter case. Maybe the lowercase text is just meant to throw us off or at least hint at the fact that

This is the point I was making in the comics thread while referencing that tweet. I agree.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Powers #1 will be 46 pages. No digital extras this time. Thought I'd mention it since that bugged some folks last week.

Mar 27, 2019
Just read house 1 and I'm pretty impressed. It feels like a nice mix of 90s x nostalgia and dread and all the grandiosity of Hickman's ff fun. I'm on board. I'm also wondering if Hickman went full Klingon and there's a mutant language dictionary floating around marvel hq the internet will decipher.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be so absurdly stupid of them to think given prior history that they have nothing to fear. I just can't accept their attitude given their previous interactions with powerful and malevolent groups of humans. A more intelligent group would NEVER underestimate an opponent as their arrogance suggests they're doing.

616 isn't the 616 we knew. The whole multiverse was rebuilt so they can really do what they want, no matter if the changes are small or big.
I agree, but they seem prepared for it with Magneto's element. I'm saying they don't have shit to fear from earth goverment unless they get crazy high tech based on supers, or symbotie mutant hunters or some shit, but lets be honest, with this portal tech and all that they seem to have upper hand.

lets hope they dont fuck up, but also dont prepare for the world to be flipped upside down for them

Oct 26, 2017
I agree, but they seem prepared for it with Magneto's element. I'm saying they don't have shit to fear from earth goverment unless they get crazy high tech based on supers, or symbotie mutant hunters or some shit, but lets be honest, with this portal tech and all that they seem to have upper hand.

lets hope they dont fuck up, but also dont prepare for the world to be flipped upside down for them
We've already seen a group within the issue predict and begin making preparations for Xavier's plan. If they don't try to stop it then they'll survive it.

On the surface humans within the Marvel universe seem inconsequential (see the government lackeys Magneto intimidates) compared to godlike mutants but the humans we're talking about here include the likes of Reed Richards and similarly hyper-intelligent individuals who IMHO wield the kind of intellect that could arguably be considered a power in its own right.

But we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Some new panels for PoX#1 as well I think:
undefined

So Jordan says during that video that House #1 shows the fruition of a plan Charles has been building toward for a long time and that Powers #1 will show how that plan was put together

Not all of it. Hickman tweeted out a graphic weeks ago that people then used to figure out the names of the Dawn of X ongoings when Hickman tweeted them out using the alphabet. The translations were 100% correct, so that chart is mostly accurate so far.

No, it's used a ton in the Avengers arc and it was solved years ago.

You're thinking of Builder Code. This is Krakoan. Only mutants speak/read it, so far.

Oct 26, 2017
While rereading it: I know it has been mentioned and discussed but that look that Xavier gives Jean and the "You're safe here. We all are." is a bit eyebrow raising.

It might be a red herring but it does feel a little like the pacification of a fellow powerful telepath, like a reinforcement of a command. But maybe that's too easy.

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
Great start to the rebranding of the X-Men. The X-Men have always been my favorite of all the Marvel stories and heroes. Magneto comes across as a absolute bad ass muthafucka in this. Can't wait to read more. Haven't been excited for a X-Men story arc in a long time.

I've been out the X-Men loop a long time so this might not qualify as recent anymore, but def Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force. The Dark Angel Saga in particular is just one of the best comics I've read this decade.

Same of me. Was looking forward to the aftermath of Archangel becoming the true heir apparent of Apocalypse. One of my favorite moments in the Saga was when Archangel took a full on Phoenix Blast from Jean like it was cupcakes. Remender made him the proper beast of a character he should be.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Oh really? I guess I haven't seen them side by side so I have no idea the difference. That's funny.

He created another cipher/language for Black Monday Mutders as well.

Any chance it could be related to the Builder code at all? I would personally love it if all three of these big Hickman runs connected through language.

Who knows. Presumably the language is part of Xavier's plan and we'll get some insight into its creation, but that's not a guarantee.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Franklin richards should make a pocket world for Mutants to go in and out of, House of M world connected to real one.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Soo (cover/HoX1)
Xavier's certainly looking a LOT like Hickman's Maker lol

As someone who never was into X-Men and only read on and off since the 90's, this is PRETTY good so far, and it just oozes Hickman.

Last edited:

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

16 in 63, add 12 makes 28, which is close to 30.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the arc:
Uncanny X-Force (2013 - 2014)
Featuring really beautiful art by Adrian Alphona and the best looking Spiral I've seen in quite a while.

cCl8ysRl.png

Also, I highly recommend that you read Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force before this one as a lot of plot points from that one lead into this series.
Quick OT question? How often do new comics come to comixology? Is it anything like Marvel Unlimoted where you wait 6 months before new issues to arrive? Been looking to get into digital for a while and this looks like a good option.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Glad I'm pretty much done with Inferno. I've encountered Sinister in a few stories before, I think, but knowing the extent of what he's done here really helps paint a better picture of how, well, sinister the bastard is. Given that he'll play a role in House/Powers and how big this story is... I'm worried.
Quick OT question? How often do new comics come to comixology? Is it anything like Marvel Unlimoted where you wait 6 months before new issues to arrive? Been looking to get into digital for a while and this looks like a good option.
You mean just Comixology or Comixology Unlimited? If the former, everything releases there on the same day books release physically. Not sure about the latter, but it's not like Marvel Unlimited where they progressively add more volumes from a series. It's usually just the first few volumes for select series.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Time and date to the comics, if you buy them per issue. If you go with a subscription model it's about half a year later iirc).

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Some new panels for PoX#1 as well I think:

So for those paying attention to the timeline of things. Cyclops, Jean, Beast and Angel are all probably 26 or 27. Iceman is 25 or 26.

The ages of others depends on how long the original team was active.

I honestly think 10 years from X-men 1 is too low. But he's somewhat shackled by the Cap u frozen date.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So for those paying attention to the timeline of things. Cyclops, Jean, Beast and Angel are all probably 26 or 27. Iceman is 25 or 26.

The ages of others depends on how long the original team was active.

I honestly think 10 years from X-men 1 is too low. But he's somewhat shackled by the Cap u frozen date.
Last time I tried to figure out the ages of the characters it went like this.

Xavier - around 50 years
Emma Frost - 40 years (she lies about her age)
Beast - 35 years
Cyclops, Jean, Warren and many more 30-33years
Iceman and Rogue - 28 years
Kitty and the New Mutants 20 to 25 years
Pixie, Surge, and the rest of the kids, around 16 to 18 years

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Last time I tried to figure out the ages of the characters it went like this.

Xavier - around 50 years
Emma Frost - 40 years (she lies about her age)
Beast - 35 years
Cyclops, Jean, Warren and many more 30-33years
Iceman and Rogue - 28 years
Kitty and the New Mutants 20 to 25 years
Pixie, Surge, and the rest of the kids, around 16 to 18 years

Emma is actually around the same as as the O5. She was in her early 20s when Xavier tried to recruit her for the 2nd Team of X-Men.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Why does it feel like it's been two months since House #1 came out?

Here's a fun thing to reflect on while we wait for the next issue: Marvel will have rehired Hickman, given him more than a year to plan his X-Men relaunch, and he and his art team will have completed and released a 12-issue weekly event, all before Geoff Johns and Gary Frank manage to complete their Doomsday Clock maxi-series, which was supposed to set up a new baseline for the DC Universe, even though Doomsday Clock started in 2017.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!