• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I'll watch it. Low expectations, but I like going to big horror movies with friends so it'll at least be a good time hopefully?

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They took the spooky out of grudge and dark water and turned the ideas into shitty jump scares and tossed it into this piss yellow fun house of horror

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
I'd normally pass on it, but since Sam Raimi is directing, I'll probably give it a watch. Loves the japanese classic.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I got excited when I saw Raimi, but it looks like he's producing. Will still probably watch it if we still have A List, lol.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
The director is actually solid as he did Eyes of My Mother and of course the producer is Sam Raimi which is also good. The imagery looks promising so I'll be happy to give it a try. In horror, you have to basically look at the director and producer and if those things are good then more than likely the movie will turn out good even if the writer is just okay. If you got a trash director though, it's not going to work out lol. Actors barely matter, but they can't be completely awful. They have to just be average enough to get carried by the script. Cast here is actually pretty good too though.

Kronotech

Oct 28, 2017
They just had to do the shower scene at the end of the trailer just like they did with the original... really? I don't understand the point of this re-re-make.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great cast, can't say I love that yellow filter on everything. The Grudge 2004's look was so much better. This one looks a little nastier and grungier.

So is everyone going to die again? It seems like no one ever wins in these movies. Sadako vs Kayako was pointless because it was all that talking and ritual for nothing. It almost looks like John Cho's character dies halfway through and Andrea Riseborough's character takes over.

Last edited:

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Oh gee i wonder if someone is gonna get puked on and then get some in their mouth and then scream and get more puke in their mouth...

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
So is everyone going to die again? It seems like no one ever wins in these movies. Sadako vs Kayako was pointless because it was all that talking and ritual for nothing. It almost looks like John Cho's character dies halfway through and Andrea Riseborough's character takes over.

Both let people who have bad experince survive.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This thing was filmed in June of 2018, always had rough test screening reception and now it's dropping in January. Expect very little.

Also, Eyes of my Mother was all presentation and no substance so maybe this will get the look and sound down but without the feel.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A remake of a remake?

I saw The Grudge when I was young, and it was the scariest thing I'd ever seen.

Didn't see Ju-On until way later though, and by then I'd built up an immunity to scary movies. Kind of ruined it for me.

That damn sound the thing makes will always be the best type of sound attributed to a scary movie though. None of the recent scary movies that have attempted something similar will ever come close.

Edit: lol, they even copied the shower scene. This looks significantly worse than the first remake. I also wasn't aware that Ju-On was already a remake.

Last edited: