• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
My vote goes to ST Blanka, mainly because of how much they improved his design, coming from CE.

dbd3vtu-127628b0-2170-400b-8068-c68cd4c74c48.png

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Ken, Dee Jay, and M. Bison are the most memeworthy of those.

The latter two would also work as replies to this post depending on your take.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
take your pick..

sfa2.gif

street fighter alpha 2 will always be the greatest of 'everything'....music, graphics, stages, characters, etc etc...

images

Real Bout 2's pretty great as well..

garou.gif

Who can forget about Garou: Mark of the wolves

Last edited:

JoDa

Jan 12, 2018
Third strike Ken as it somehow makes him look cocky and disgusted at the same time
Ken3sport.gif

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
Ken looked particularly cool in 3rd Strike. Probably because it looks like he had a standard haircut and let it grow out, as opposed to having it styled into a Bob+Fringe like some medieval prince.
Why can't Capcom approximate this look in 3D?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
dan.png

You don't want to lose to the worst character in the game* do you?

*Something tells me Dan wasn't actually the worst character looking at matchups, but lets be honest, he's designed to be one of the worst and humiliating to lose too.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
edit - yo can this thread double as "great character select screens" aswell?

I always liked the Street Fighter EX plus alpha character portraits, unfortunately I can't find many good pictures showing them off

sfex.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
My vote goes to ST Blanka, mainly because of how much they improved his design, coming from CE.

dbd3vtu-127628b0-2170-400b-8068-c68cd4c74c48.png
Heh, I entered this thread to mention Super's Blanka! Yeah, I love that portrait. I think it's the best he's ever looked. Too bad they've never been able to recreate this look in subsequent games. I think Blanka looks terrible in Alpha 3 and Street Fighter 4.

OP
OP
halcali

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
Heh, I entered this thread to mention Super's Blanka! Yeah, I love that portrait. I think it's the best he's ever looked. Too bad they've never been able to recreate this look in subsequent games. I think Blanka looks terrible in Alpha 3 and Street Fighter 4.

I was genuinely intimated to fight against ST Blanka because of this profile

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
On the one hand, Dudley's portrait is really dull without any of the same sense of dynamic action to the composition that many of the other 3rd Strike characters have.

On the other hand, it's a picture of Dudley, so it's automatically better than pictures of not-Dudley.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
That said, I like how Ryu changes his mood each game. First, he's shy and reserved. Second, he's angsty and overconfident. Third, he's calm and collected.

With Ken going from "angry" to "disgustipated" to "just super duper jazzed about fists". It also looks like Guile's one more iteration away from going fully into The Thinker pose.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also gonna give a shout out to 3rd Strike's other character select portraits that most people don't talk about

20190524_182951_IMG_2976.PNG

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Super Turbo Blanka for sure was the best improved and only made me use him more. Hate how they made him more of a goofball in the later games

As usual my eyes only light up for the SF2 cast

Oct 25, 2017

Greenzxy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sfiv has some sick brushwork done on the characters. Like each surface has its own uniqueness based the edge flow of he material. You got strokes flying all over the place and it's done in a way that makes everything feel coherent. Masterclass work.
latest

DS0b-bzX0AYfGCq.jpg:large