• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Nice! I've been playing one game each year since I got the trilogy on PC back in 2019, so I'll be done with it this year. Glad to hear there's more on the horizon

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Even though I knew it was happening due to leaks, I still can't believe it 😭😭. July can't come soon enough!

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Once the fantranslation of the first Great Ace Attorney was done I imported the game. Still only beat the first case but it was the best first case in the entire series.

I will so buy this once this comes out in english.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah, the physical bundle was specifically Japan-only. I think there was the implication that a digital bundle would be available on each of the platforms too though.

The issues weren't entirely overcome; they had to change Sherlock's name in the localisation and the English release can't include Japanese text/audio because of it.

Fair enough. The only point I was getting at was people coming up with reasons why they couldn't localize it, just if the sales are there for these games Capcom will release them and find ways around it.

I'm just happy Shu Takumi is getting his games released here again after Ghost Trick being 11 years ago. It's been too long.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't played 5 and 6. wish they had released those on PC first.
The mobile versions are better than the 3DS versions, right?

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to finally play these. Hopefully we get 4-5-6 collection on modern platforms too. Oh, and the Edgeworth games if it's not too big of a hassle, Capcom.

Deleted member 44122

So it should happen sooner rather than later. What is the usual time frame between such a rating and the release ?
usually several weeks to a few months. some rating boards require the games to be complete before they are tested. the capcom leak mentioned an april announcement and june release i think

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for this, but I'm not holding my breath for a physical copy in NA. That being said, if the game is translated in English I'm guessing the Japanese release (which will be physical) will hopefully have an English translation on the cart, similar to how they did with the first three games. If so, I'm definitely going that route.

Djiman

Apr 1, 2018
Paris
Amazing news. It's a great game with one of the best OST in the serie and that's saying something !

Still waiting for the fan translation fo The Great Ace Attorney 2 but maybe if will be officialy realeased as well then.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I can't wait until Capcom refuses to give this a physical release too, at least in Europe.
According to the leaks, Japan (Switch/PS4) and North America (Only Switch) will get physical copies of Great Ace Attorney Collection. It will be digital for us UK/EU/PAL peasants...unless plans have changed.

Our best option is probably 365 games or Shopto who tend to get NA imports such as Dragons Dogma and Ace Attorney 1-3 physical collection.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I'm excited for this, but I'm not holding my breath for a physical copy in NA. That being said, if the game is translated in English I'm guessing the Japanese release (which will be physical) will hopefully have an English translation on the cart, similar to how they did with the first three games. If so, I'm definitely going that route.
Physical is coming exclusively in NA for Switch actually.

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
akihiko-ive-been-waiting-for-this.png

Really hope they're good.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Physical is coming exclusively in NA for Switch actually.
Wait, hold on. Seriously? That's really surprising, and a pleasant one at that!

I'm still tempted to grab the Japanese release just to have same regions for both titles (I'm OCD like that), but I also really want to support Ace Attorney physically in NA. Maybe I'll just grab both, haha.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how they will Americanise this one.
Maybe explain how not-Phoenix and his sister are really kids from the US, on visit to the UK?

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I wonder how they will Americanise this one.
Maybe explain how not-Phoenix and his sister are really kids from the US, on visit to the UK?
From what I remember from the leaks, it's going to be faithful to the original. So it will be from Japan to the UK. Some of Japanese scripts on objects such as letters in the first case will stay Japanese too.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So, so good. I knew about it from the leaks but it's still good news. This was the big one that was still missing and we're finally getting it (sorry Investigations 2).

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't played 5 and 6. wish they had released those on PC first.
The mobile versions are better than the 3DS versions, right?
I haven't played them, but that's what I've heard. Unfortunately 5 and 6 have been removed from the Apple AppStore as they're not compatible with iOS 14. Capcom is apparently making them compatible and will re-release them at some point.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Buying it day 1 on PS4. I already accepted that these games will never be localized, I'm so stoked!
Finally good AA games after the mediocre 5 & 6.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hyped!
Can't believe this year I get to play two new Ace Attorney games.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
I think my last game in the series was Apollo, how has the gamsplay evolved since? Currently working my way through T&T again.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I think my last game in the series was Apollo, how has the gamsplay evolved since? Currently working my way through T&T again.
First thing that popped into my head, which I think is in this game, are multiple witnesses at the same time. That was a fun switch up in the professor layton crossover.

Oct 28, 2017
When the leak and the ratings both don't include xbox
tumblr_nn15zwyqP91tkikado1_400.jpg

Was against all odds after the leak and 15K sales, but I was really hoping i'd be able to own it all on xbox.

Will probably grab the physical for switch then.
I wonder how many saw this and thought nah Im not buying this again. I think I bought it twice from Nintendo. And I thought ok I will be here for the next one, but alas ..

Theyve probably had a younger and fresher audience for the originals at least on the Switch, with a lot of new players maybe.