• The Last of Us Part II

Votes: 1,427 36.3%
  • Hades

Votes: 657 16.7%

• Total voters

FeenixRisen

McDonalds looks really average next to Wendys
Oct 25, 2017
My sleeper pick is Ghost of Tsushima, but deep down I want The Last of Us to win just for the salt.

Wouldn't be mad at Animal Crossing or Hades though.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Even if they didn't, Animal crossing probably outsold the other 5 entrants combined, lol. It rightfully has a much larger audience than all of those games.

The only reason TLOU2 is even in the running is because these awards are always heavily biased towards whatever the big third person game is for that year.
I mean TLOU2 is also one of the highest rated games of the year by the people mostly deciding what is nominated and what wins.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Uhhh

EnH0Q_HUwAEhx2X
GOTY Remix!

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hades is my GOTY which is weird because I love Supergiant but I don't think I'd never picked one of their games as GOTY until now, I actually expected DOOM Eternal to be my GOTY going into 2020.

Funnily enough the last time this happened to me was in 2016 when DOOM became my GOTY when I expected Dark Souls III to be an easy winner.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
How the holy hell is Sea of Thieves not in the nominations for 'Best Ongoing Game' after the year its had.
It's a shame but non unexpected, if only because Fortnite, CoD and Destiny seem to be nominated every year and Apex was in the mix for 2019, meaning there was just one slot open and a whole host of games to choose from (I think NMS deserves the nom in this case)

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda crazy to not see Alyx on there.

Hades really that good, huh? Supergiant's games are a mixed bag. Bastion being excellent, Transistor being a total snooze.
Hades is Supergiant's best game and it isn't close. It feels like everything they were building up to. It is Bastion on absolute crack. Definitely my personal Game of the Year.

As for what will win this, I think it is between Animal Crossing, The Last of Us, and Hades. The others don't have a shot.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
An FF game making into the GOTY List after so many years makes me so happy :)
I know it's not gonna win but IMO it's a huge success for Nomura and the team, props to them!

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Do you honestly think that Alyx did not deserve a nomination as the best game of the year? I mean, did you play it and you think so?
Played it, and I don't think it cracks into that list. I also don't think a significant portion of the gaming populace gave it a try which undoubtedly hurt its chance of being nominated.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Can see the internet imploding with alt right hatred if TLOU2 wins or loses. TLOU2 should sweep this.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
TGA nominations are getting sillier each year. SFV and MK11 being nominated for fighting game in 2020 or Among Us in anything at all (besides ongoing) makes no sense.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
ff7r/doom eternal seems questionable to me, and i didn't play it and it's for the elite but curious if half-life alyx deserves a spot.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Hades is Supergiant's best game and it isn't close. It feels like everything they were building up to. It is Bastion on absolute crack. Definitely my personal Game of the Year.

As for what will win this, I think it is between Animal Crossing, The Last of Us, and Hades. The others don't have a shot.
Better than Transistor? That was my personal GOTY for 2014.

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
13 Sentinels guaranteed loss immediately undoes whatever faith I gained this year in the concept of voting.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
New Horizons is the weakest Animal Crossing, but I think it's probably the GotY because it's the most 2020 game in the list. Society in the future will be able to tie memories of playing Animal Crossing to 2020 in ways they won't with the other games.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
TLOUP2 was by far the best game on that list and should win.

Game of the Year
The Last of Us Part 2

Best Performance
Ashley Johnson, The Last of Us Part II

Best Multiplayer:
Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

Best Ongoing Game:
Fortnite

Best Art Direction
Ghost of Tsushima

Best Score/Music:
Final Fantasy VII Remake

Best Narrative:
The Last of Us Part II

Best Independent Game:
Hades

Best Mobile Game
Genshin Impact

Best Game Direction
Hades

Last edited:

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Doom Eternal disappointed me but the critical consensus was great so it makes sense, the rest is hard to argue (maybe Tsushima but people love it).

I would take out TLOU from score and put Tsushima in its place but overall seems like a solid list imo.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
13 sentinels got nominated for best narrative and Persona 5 royal got nominated for best RPG.

All in all the best outcome I can realistically hope for.

But damn, that RPG category has stiff as fuck competition

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I'm voting Final Fantasy VII Remake because not only did it come out and not be a disaster, but was actually a really polished experience with a great battle system. Really blew away my expectations and I can't wait for the next installment.

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Even if they didn't, Animal crossing probably outsold the other 5 entrants combined, lol. It rightfully has a much larger audience than all of those games.

The only reason TLOU2 is even in the running is because these awards are always heavily biased towards whatever the big third person game is for that year.
What? TLOU2 absolutely deserves a place on that list. There's a good reason that it's leading the vote in this forum as well. Take off your blinders. IMO, the most questionable entry on the list is FF7.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
There should be multiple categories for acting to allow more VAs to get recognition. Britt Baron and John Bentley not getting nominated for FFVII is disappointing.

It's also one of the best reviewed and most successful games of the year?

Oct 25, 2017
for me, personally

one of the weaker lists ever :v

I enjoyed doom eternal a bit and ff7 remake was a nice nostalgia trip but it was a fucking chore to play at the worst times

didn't care for any of the others (didn't play tlou 2 but did not care for tlou1 at all)

I'm mildly interested in trying GoT but it looks like it has so many AAA tropes I cannot stand and it is carried by its setting and presentation more than its gameplay

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
pretty strange that FF VII remake is up for goty but has no character nominations. Wtf this show is a real joke lol.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I'm voting FF7R. As much as I fully expect TLOU2 to win, I don't think it's the best game this year cause of story reasons and I found a lot of Abby's parts boring. FF7R was a blast from start to finish and I still think it's the best overall game this year
6DA16D6DB57CF191B41B5A5D29D559833EA0C591