• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
I just want to see 3 seconds of gameplay for Babylons Fall, the trailer hinted at some very interesting game mechanics.

barksi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We goes from "Dangerous questions! I'm not sure, everyone reacts differently to things." to this.
ThatEscalatedQuickly.gif

That is because some people tend to have overblown and unrealistic expectations. I fully expect some very cool suprises and AAA game announcements (maybe like 1-3) but people who expect Naughty Dog new IP, Elder Scrolls 6, Bioshock 4, Fable, Half-Life 3 all being present at the show are going to be disappointed. Geoff is just trying to set realistic expectations. For example, Mortal Kombat 11, Dragon Age 4, The Outer Worlds and Far Cry New Down were announced at last year's show.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That is because some people tend to have overblown and unrealistic expectations. I fully expect some very cool suprises and AAA game announcements (maybe like 1-3) but people who expect Naughty Dog new IP, Elder Scrolls 6, Bioshock 4, Fable, Half-Life 3 all being present at the show are going to be disappointed. Geoff is just trying to set realistic expectations. For example, Mortal Kombat 11, Dragon Age 4, The Outer Worlds and Far Cry New Down were announced at last year's show.
And Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Also, I have no idea about any MOBA stuff Riot does, but single-player, narrative focused games set in a universe full of War Craft 3 unit clones? that sounds interesting.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the salt here when the announcements are underwhelming, there's no Elden Ring news and Death Stranding wins GOTY. The salt trifecta.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Not showing RE3make at TGA is really weird, specially considering how likely it is for RE2make to win game of the year.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"We're just trying to make the best show we can based on the content available to us!"

Hype deflated. No BotW 2. No Elden Ring.

Last edited:

Greenzxy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Geoff is just joking guys, we're getting a RE3 remake announcement not a RE3 port announcement.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Sony will be largely absent from TGAs this year cause they'll be saving everything for a PS5 event early next year?

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Batman please, it's about goddamned time, especially after them teasing the damn thing themselves.

Sadly Elden Ring wouldn't be a brand new announcement anymore. Still this doesn't mean it can't contain a new trailer, right?

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I've been feeling many publishers have been holding back announcements for games since 2017 for next-gen.

Seeing 10 unannounced games being revealed at TGA feels refreshing.

SavoyPrime

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina USA
I'll be watching for the Awards show itself. The game announcements last year were pretty underwhelming for me. I think only Outer Worlds and the Dragon Age tease interested me. So I won't be expecting much since I'm sure most publishers/devs are going to wait to blow the roof off at E3 with next gen coming.

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
I still believe Elden Ring will be there. Until FromSoft flat out says no, I'm banking on it showing up.

I'm actually hoping some smaller games to show up. I want to see a gameplay trailer for Solar Ash Kingdom, and perhaps a new trailer with release date for Tunic. Maybe a release date for Hollow Knight Silksong.

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
Are these the same people that said the Metroid Prime HD Trilogy would be announced at the game awards last year? =(

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
For some reason, I thought TGA already passed. Wasn't there an awards show recently that had Geoff as host?

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Very glad nothing has leaked. That would suck for the people organizing the event and prepping for those big moments.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Keighley didn't hype """world premieres"""" as much this year, either there's not much very special announcements or he wanted the game awards to focus on awards.

Or he just wanted to have an "ha, gotcha" moment. But I don't think so.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Geoff's answers suggest that there won't be a new Batman game announcement (since Geoff stated that none of the announcements have leaked yet).
If that is the case.... that teaser WB Montreal posted on Twitter is the weirdest marketing stunt in a while...

That game was obviously supposed to be revealed shortly after Batman Day. WB changed their minds, pushed the game's release back and subsequently the reveal back. There's no other explanation.