• No, of course they are lying and only want a part of the piece

• G7 should be dropped down on the amazon fire

• I dont know this is too political for me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Sure, but why ignore the elephant in the room?

Decades of unchecked pollution and abuse of our planet is why we're in this situation. It'd be great if Brazil didn't chop down the Amazon and were proactive in stopping the fires, but to pretend that's the main reason the world's climate will go to shit is ignoring everything that's come before it.
Who is ignoring it? We don't need to voice a completely redundant and obvious caveat of "fyi the west post-industrial revolution is mostly to blame for this" when talking about everything climate related.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Sure, but why ignore the elephant in the room?

Decades of unchecked pollution and abuse of our planet is why we're in this situation. It'd be great if Brazil didn't chop down the Amazon and were proactive in stopping the fires, but to pretend that's the main reason the world's climate will go to shit is ignoring everything that's come before it.

I mean, no one is ignoring that? The whole Greta thing and Paris accord.

And since the Amazons produce 20% of the earth oxygen, it would be a fucking disaster.

We can focus on what G7 countries are doing, which we are AND solve/help the Amazon problem at the same time.

RedSonja

Oct 29, 2017
He's a cock and, if I had an invisibility cloak or any super stealth skills, I would do the world a favour by assassinating the fuck. Hate to have to take things to his childish level and all.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So OP is pro burning the amazon and doesn't want any other countries sticking their nose in the amazon?

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Yes, but the media is only focusing on them "saving the amazon" look how the NY times treated the issue:

"The fires accelerate depletion of one of the world's largest forests, a crucial sink for the atmospheric carbon dioxide that contributes to global warming. They also threaten Indigenous peoples and shrinking wildlife habitat"

Because of the "pressing issue" of the Amazon, they forgot to talk about drastic measures to reduce CO2.
Yes, this is the only article the NY Times has ever written.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Sure and in a lot of countries carbon emissions are on the way down (hopefully once Trump is gone the US starts trending down too). We can't change the past but only affect the present and future. Also carbon emissions in Brazil has been steadily going up so lets not pretend that they aren't to blame either.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Yes, but the media is only focusing on them "saving the amazon" look how the NY times treated the issue:

"The fires accelerate depletion of one of the world's largest forests, a crucial sink for the atmospheric carbon dioxide that contributes to global warming. They also threaten Indigenous peoples and shrinking wildlife habitat"

Because of the "pressing issue" of the Amazon, they forgot to talk about drastic measures to reduce CO2.

You only think this is what NYT has ever ever ever written? What is this victim mentality.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
G7 countries have the clout to make life difficult for any nation that isn't a member, and they have the clout to help any nation that isn't a member as well... in this case, they were offering the latter - even if only as lip service - as the discourse taking hold throughout their own countries and the world is that a vital part of our eco-system is being allowed to burn, and quite possibly for corporate profit. It is what it is. I think you'd be naive to think that the worlds leaders wouldn't take an interest or if - as you've implied - you think they should just butt out and not take an interest at all. If their people worry about it, they will.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Poe's law is hitting me hard with this post. I was convinced it was satire at first, but now I think OP might actually be serious.

Jesus Christ..

Status
Not open for further replies.