• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lihwem

Mar 17, 2020
"Oh I didn't know that released on the 16th of Nov... WAIT THAT'S TODAY!... oh, ok, no, right."

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I love the holiday season for sci-fi.

The Expanse
Lost in Space
Star Trek Discovery
Boba Fett or Mandalorian
Doctor Who

Glorious.

Do we know how they're dropping the season? All at once? 3 then weekly?

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Theses scenes don't click with much i remember from the books. Guess they are going away from the "original" storyline. Not that i'm complaining.

Looks good anyway, December won't come soon enough.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Looks really cool but I have to admit some hesitation on how the protomolecule storyline is going to be resolved/handled if at all given that this season is only 6 episodes. This trailer appears to be purely focused on the Marco Inaros conflict.

Jan 29, 2018
Looks really cool but I have to admit some hesitation on how the protomolecule storyline is going to be resoled/handled if at all given that this season is only 6 episodes. This trailer appears to be purely focused on the Marco Inaros conflict.

I'm very curious about that as well since, if I remember correctly, the book being adapted for this season also focuses almost purely on the Marco Inaros conflict, but both this and the last trailer (and the stinger of season 5) tease stuff from later books that supposedly aren't being adapted.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Amos is like "You guys are getting paid?"
I got excited for a second there thinking it was out today.

I hope this is not the end of the show, I really want to see the next 3 books being adapted, there's some kickass material there.
But this season being only 6 episodes is kinda disappointing because that clearly means they are not going to do anything other than Inaros conflict...and that'd kinda line up with them wrapping up the show for good if they don't do anything else. Which makes the whole ending of last season a bit eh if they don't do anything with that story.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
All out war? Fuck yea.

Glad it's going to get a proper send-off, but I'm a little worried that the lack of anything to do with the proto-molecule means that plot line might not get a great conclusion. It was the driving plot line for most of the series' existence, after all.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Give it to meeeeeeeeeee!

And that reminded me that the last book is coming out soon. Turns out that it's supposed to release this Thursday, 11/18.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wife and I have been rewatching the entire series in preparation. Now at mid season 5.

God I hate Inaros so much (Keon Alexander is fantastic though)...

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
6 episodes? Oh jeez, there's little chance this satisfyingly ends things, huh?

Guess I gotta get started on the books. Does the old rule of "release order" apply or should the short stories set between past books be read between those books?

breander

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't read the books but I'm so tired of this belter rebellion crap. I was excited when they opened the gates and started exploring alien systems and planets but like they just dropped that plot line.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
The Expanse was never Star Trek or Stargate; as much as I'd like to see the alien plot to be more forefront it was always a driver of the series, but not a focus of it.
I think the producers were directly asked if the alien stuff would get resolved last year and they hand waved the question away.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read the books but I'm so tired of this belter rebellion crap. I was excited when they opened the gates and started exploring alien systems and planets but like they just dropped that plot line.
Book 7-9 are about that, and what happens with this belter rebellion (and the cause behind it) is actually something that directly ties onto that.
Unfortunately we won't be getting that in the show unless they decide to return to it in the future.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I gotta get started on the books. Does the old rule of "release order" apply or should the short stories set between past books be read between those books?

Yeah, in general, each season is a book. 1st book is 1st season, etc. There are some deviations in story and in characters, but for the most part, the show seasons follow along with the books. Not sure about the short stories. I haven't read those, but it doesn't feel like I'm missing any key information.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fantastic, it'll be a sad yet hopefully amazing season for the show to go out on. Might binge from season 1 again soon in prep.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Considering it's been a question nearly every year after S2 whether it would be renewed I'm just happy we got all the way to S6 and it'll be able to wrap up a story arc nicely. Looking forward to it.

Jan 29, 2018

Even with the gates this is a show where getting from the ring gate to the inner planets of a system takes weeks or months, so this was never going to be a 'planet of the week' type show. When the show did take time to explore an alien planet in season 4 plenty of fans also bitched that the plot there felt disconnected from everything else.

Personally I find it fascinating how the show focuses on how the fallout of the huge discovery of the ring gates, and how their existence basically makes the way of live of two civilizations moot (Mars and the Belters). The entire culture of Mars is this generations-spanning project of terraforming the planet, that you work towards even when it realistically won't be completed in your lifetime. Except whoops, there's a shitload of earth-like planets out there you can just go grab one.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Alien doggo!?!?!? 😅

🐑🦛🦏🐆🐕🐃

cute

I forgot this show existed, remember season 4 (I think?) was boring as heeeeell

and this trailer has me unenthused. Guess I'm just over it 🤷‍♂️

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, it's sort of weird how it started off with alien protomolocules and planets turning alive and alien consciousnesses and a wormhole gate complex and now it's just people shooting each other and trade deals.

If anyone started this show I'd be like "watch the seasons in reverse order!" lol

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Love the show but I'm kind of over this Inaros storyline. Wish the final season was leaning more into the Extraterrestrial/Intergalactic aspect that was hinted at with all of the portals. Yet here we are still stuck near Earth/Mars dealing with this Belter War.

Oct 26, 2017
Love the show but I'm kind of over this Inaros storyline. Wish the final season was leaning more into the Extraterrestrial/Intergalactic aspect that was hinted at with all of the portals. Yet here we are still stuck near Earth/Mars dealing with this Belter War.
Same. Inaros is one of those characters that you feel like you know everything about the moment you meet him. In a show of great multidimensional characters, he's a bit of a cardboard cutout, and he does about nothing for me.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't look like they managed it but I wished they brought back characters from earlier seasons and have the likes of Jared Harris for the final season again. Would have liked to see the perspective of Prax and Anna in all this.

Still want someone like Apple to pick up the last three books and through Foundation's budget at it.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I've been refraining from looking into more than high level details of the rest of the books, so that stinger at the end definitely took me by surprise.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't look like they managed it but I wished they brought back characters from earlier seasons and have the likes of Jared Harris for the final season again. Would have liked to see the perspective of Prax and Anna in all this.

Still want someone like Apple to pick up the last three books and through Foundation's budget at it.
It certainly feels a bit empty where the story went and not having Jared Harris around for even just one scene. But the man is suitably busy and can't be waiting for a call that may or may not come for a rather limited role a season here and a season there.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Even with the gates this is a show where getting from the ring gate to the inner planets of a system takes weeks or months, so this was never going to be a 'planet of the week' type show. When the show did take time to explore an alien planet in season 4 plenty of fans also bitched that the plot there felt disconnected from everything else.

Personally I find it fascinating how the show focuses on how the fallout of the huge discovery of the ring gates, and how their existence basically makes the way of live of two civilizations moot (Mars and the Belters). The entire culture of Mars is this generations-spanning project of terraforming the planet, that you work towards even when it realistically won't be completed in your lifetime. Except whoops, there's a shitload of earth-like planets out there you can just go grab one.
Yea that's basically the premise of the show. I.e. discovery of extraterrestrial life changes the solar system and then discovery of other planets further changes the dynamics. The whole belter rebellion is basically a belter faction trying to hold onto their way of life alive as once the belters settle on a planet they stop becoming belters.

What happens in book 7 and onwards is also a direct extension of this.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
I'm both excited and saddened. Excited because this was one of my favorite shows of all time. Saddened because it's coming to an end.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
So, haven't watched the trailer, but how are people feeling about where this show is likely to leave off while the potentially bigger stuff from later books is left untouched?

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
So, haven't watched the trailer, but how are people feeling about where this show is likely to leave off while the potentially bigger stuff from later books is left untouched?

Pretty bummed out. I havent read the books but have a good friend who has, and he's told me about the "bigger stuff". I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm happy we got some more seasons of this show, but it's dissappointing to not get that other interesting content too.