• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
With Season 2 now out and the realization that I barely remember Season 1, what you've said is what I'm beginning to lean towards as well.

It's what I ended up doing with both Avatar and Korra and I think it worked out well for me. It's a bit of a bummer to miss out on all the conversation but at the same time there's something about serialized animated shows that makes me not want to follow them year-to-year. I find they play much better when watched in quick succession and I imagine that would be doubly true for The Dragon Prince, where each season feels like a chapter in a single book rather than each season feeling like a whole book on its own (as was the case with Avatar and Korra).

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched a second of S2 yet but loved S1 for the most part.

Did S2 changed/fixed the intentionally choppy frame rate?

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I love this show so much. It's gorgeous. Halfway through season 2, and I hate that I have to go to work now!

RedShift

Oct 27, 2017
Thought that was amazing. Had zero issues with the frame rate with this season, the animation was great.

Really hoping Season 3 isn't far away.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
So yea the king and queen were fucking. Oh my lord that convo. There's double entendres and then there's well THAT.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So yea the king and queen were fucking. Oh my lord that convo.

The show's in an interesting place in that it both meant to be accessible for a younger audience but still has mature stuff. Hell I don't think any conversation in TLA ever got that explicit.
"She was wearing her robes."
"Ugh, so a boring dream."

I loved it.

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Season 2 has been great so far (up to episode 7), an improvement over the decent but underwhelming first season.

Up there with Trollhunters and 3Below, still not as good as Avatar or Korra though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ep 2
holding shadow
hands

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I don't want to read any of the comments cause I don't want to spoil it but I turned Netflix on when I was cleaning the kitchen this morning specially to play the dragon prince. So of course I started watching naruto instead cause Netflix is weird like that. I'll put a pin in dragon prince but the headlines I've seen on sites say it picks up on all the background the show did in the first season

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The Queen was highkey bi AF

Yeah I felt like that was pretty obvious after that. I kind of hope they resurrect her something, she was really cool. Though at least her sister is still around kicking ass.

By the way I feel so bad for her comrade. Dude's been locked in that hidden dungeon for like weeks/months at this point and yet is so chipper.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Is it faster paced than the first bore of a season?

I really want to like it, but unless they made major changes it is not worth it for me.

Last edited:

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
Is it faster paced than the first bore of a season?

I really want to like it, but unless they made major changes it is not worth it for me.

Sadly no. Pacing is still the show's big problem. Without going into spoilers There's at least two two-part episodes I think easily could have been condensed into a single episode of each.

It's a real shame

Sadsic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
new season was good-ish with certain great ideas but mostly feels kinda listless and it never really feels like anything explained enough for the plot to really matter or mean anything

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
2nd season was hella good. Excited to see where it goes. There is a lot of showing instead of stopping to give exposition.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assume it's still 5 FPS right?

May watch it, but I just felt the first chunk of eps had very little substance

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'm 3 episodes in. Liking it a bit better so far. Tis to be expected as I'm already familiar with the characters and situation. Particularly episodes 2 and 3 I liked.

RedShift

Oct 27, 2017
There's a tweet I've just seen on /r/TheDragonBender that seems to throw a common theory on its head:

Aaravos helped kick humans out of Xadia? Yet all the translated texts Viren couldn't read seem to suggest he taught them dark magic?

That's pretty strange

Dec 22, 2018
Season 2 was surprisingly solid. There was some legitimate world building, and I like how the plot is developing. Can't wait for season 3.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
I like season one, but season two repeats and amplifies the biggest issue with the first season: its glacial pacing. I feel that after 9 episodes the story should have moved further than it has. The amount of content was really only worth 2-3 episodes. I don't know if they have already announced season 3 release date, but I am starting to bore of the series. The magic is wearing off. In particular, Claudia and Soren are being used as a plot device at every turn. There is not much introspection or reflection from those two, even after their actions result in the deaths and injuries of many. This is a repeat of season one, boring. The best thing about this season was Lord Viren's account of the "great sacrifice" and his debate with Queen Aanya. I hope things improve from here because its hard to be interested when they are hardly advancing the story, hardly world building, and hardly developing characters they introduced in season one.

Human

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed it more than Season 1. Felt more on par with The Last Airbender. Fucking cliffhangers though. The humor still feels forced or out of place at times.
"Everything is coming/looking up Soren!"

lojo

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there is more to the story in the flashback.

Considering that Viren was the last person to see all three queens alive, I wouldn't be surprised if the way he told the story isn't how things exactly played out.

Last edited:

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Binged season 2. It's a big improvement on Season 1. Glad they upped the animation and a LOT of it felt like payoff from Season 1.

It's got some great action scenes, but the big crux of this season was having really big and important moments of slowing down and taking the time to digest the events of Season 1. To process them, cope with them, and grow from them. I appreciated that, even if it felt like "not a lot was happening". It's true that the cast didn't make a lot of forward momentum physically, but internally they went through quite a journey.

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
From what I'm reading here, it seems like I should expect a Castlevania S2-esque situation where not a lot actually happens for several episodes, but if I find the characters and their personal struggles interesting, I'm going to have a good time.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished season 2, really liked it, and it's starting to feel like a true adventure I've got investment in.

The
Flashbacks were great in terms of getting me interested in the world as a whole, but I especially love the development they are doing in the present day with characters like Soren and Claudia. They act as antagonists, but as people they are a lot more complicated. I think Claudia and Ezran sitting on the tower talking about life was my favorite scene in the season. You get what is effectively one of the main heroes and one of the seeming villains and they're both going through a lot and just trying to understand it together for a bit. Also, Aaravos is pretty darn powerful if that ending Viren fight is anything to go by.

Also that
pirate character with two eyepatches
is one of the most delightful additions to the cast.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
2 episodes into season 2 and I still don't get Soren's character. Claudia is fun, she's dark and capable but has humour and nice moments.

Soren on the other hand is just like "yeah I can totally kill the princes who I grew up with and am friends with just because my dad said so"

I hope his character improves because his motivations don't make any sense

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
Does Callum have the sky arcanum inside himself or is he just the first human to figure out harnessing primal magic in the environment without having to trap it?