• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Oh man. I gotta do a bunch of quest stuff to unlock this rad minigun spec?

Should I just buy the year 1 pass? Haha
I would say wait until March 3rd to decide. If that specialization gets reworked, maybe. If not, honestly, it's not useful compared to the others in the current meta. May be later though...

but at least they've made the requirements easier/less tedious. 6 months ago I would have said "just buy the pass" but now it can be done in a couple of days relatively stress-free.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Just started this again after dropping it soon after completing the main story. What should I focus on to increase my gear score? Also how do you start the DLC episodes? Taking a long break from the game as left me completely lost.
Do bounties, play missions, particularly strongholds, random farming activities in the open world, leveled up control points, etc. Don't be afraid to buy higher GS items to have (stuff drops based on your max gear score so you basically just wanna keep equipping higher numbers until 500). Often a low Gear Score pistol will drag your whole character down. Just equip better and better stuff til 499/500 stuff is dropping constantly.

DLC episodes you may have to talk to the pilot the first time, or find some intel on your map. I don't remember what triggered it but should just be a main or side mission in terms of getting pointed to it...

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So what's the deal with Cassie Mendoza? I ran into a random guy out in the world who gave me a bounty and I looked it up, and apparently this is what leads to this game's version of Xur, the weekly vendor of high end items.

But she wasn't there when I got there. How does her time table work? Does she only appear on a certain day?
It's dumb and sometimes you have to wait. Hopefully that changes but worst case scenario is waiting something like 12 hours. Always check the reddit for vendor reset info to decide if its even worth visiting her first!

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
If you buy the pass you can also do the same quest stuff and get apparel rewards for it. So you gotta decide :D

With the pass I will have the choice of doing the quests for the items? But I can still use the spec immediately right?

I would say wait until March 3rd to decide. If that specialization gets reworked, maybe. If not, honestly, it's not useful compared to the others in the current meta. May be later though...

but at least they've made the requirements easier/less tedious. 6 months ago I would have said "just buy the pass" but now it can be done in a couple of days relatively stress-free.

Good to know. It's on sale super cheap right now though, and I'm not too worried about meta.

Xanathus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah just request an invite in the Third Wave clan, try to make sure your Uplay ID is the same as your Era or post it here or on discord so we know you're from Era. The clan system is broken at the moment and I can't see names so we need it to be fixed first before accepting the invites.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Came back to the game this weekend and it got me hooked again :D I think I played 10 hours in the last two days alone. Been doing post-launch story episodes, some side missions, hunting for keys and generally going for 500 gear score and doing high level stuff. Man, level 4 alert points are TOUGH when soloing :D Plan for next few days is to try to do some Hunters, hunt for some exotics and farm keys/mats/credits. Anyway, having a blast and post launch story missions are really, really cool. All this game needs IMHO is some good, randomized solo content - bring back the Underground!

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else get a 9,99 Euro refund from Uplay? The only thing I bough was the Division 2 in 2020 and just got a 9,99 refund today on PayPal and don't know why

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Anyone else get a 9,99 Euro refund from Uplay? The only thing I bough was the Division 2 in 2020 and just got a 9,99 refund today on PayPal and don't know why

With the current heavy discount I've seen afew people mention they've received refunds if they bought it at a more expensive price before the sale so should be from that.

There's afew on reddit like this one:

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Can you play with a friend right from the start of the game or do you have to progress to a certain point? My gf and I are considering getting this. Never played the first one

You need to create a character and get to the white house. Can co-op after that. Maybe....10ish minutes into the game I think

So what's the deal with Cassie Mendoza? I ran into a random guy out in the world who gave me a bounty and I looked it up, and apparently this is what leads to this game's version of Xur, the weekly vendor of high end items.

But she wasn't there when I got there. How does her time table work? Does she only appear on a certain day?

If you click her icon on the map, on the right side where the description is it should say how long it is until she's coming or leaving.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
is there a certain level required to do this? Just googled that weapon and it looks awesome
I honestly don't remember that being a thing, but if it is, World Tier 5 should be all you need (and what you should be aiming for pre March 3rd anyway). Either way, if you get it, you can upgrade it to 500GS now and then upgrade to Level 40 sometime after the launch of the expansion.

There were a couple of fun builds with it, but it could become a much better gun post TU8 with adjustments to everything, including exotics.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
If anyone is looking for a veteran referral invite, here's mine:
thedivision2.com

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Friend Referral - Invite Friends, Earn Rewards | Ubisoft (US)

As a Division Agent, you can now earn in-game rewards by inviting your friends to play Tom Clancy's The Division 2. Rewards include collectible backpack trophies, gear, and apparel.
Only around lvl 22, having started the other week when it was on sale, but having a blast so far. In the US playing on PS4.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is looking for a veteran referral invite, here's mine:
thedivision2.com

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Friend Referral - Invite Friends, Earn Rewards | Ubisoft (US)

As a Division Agent, you can now earn in-game rewards by inviting your friends to play Tom Clancy's The Division 2. Rewards include collectible backpack trophies, gear, and apparel.
Only around lvl 22, having started the other week when it was on sale, but having a blast so far.

interesting, what region are you in? Those rewards look sweet

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could refer someone.

I got my friend to pick it up, but he had just bought it, and he had already got some levels back in 2019 when he rented it from the library. 😭😭

Edit:

Here's my link just in case anyone on PS4 wants to use it? Haha. PSN is RaySpencer as well.

thedivision2.com

Last edited:

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Bummer, I'm on PC...so you have to buy it through that link? Doesn't work if you've already bought it?
You don't have to buy through link, you just have to select which platform you want to register for veteran/recruit progress. And you can only pick one platform. It cannot be changed. So make sure to get a link from someone who has it on the same platform as you.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
Here's my referral link for PC players: Linky!

Daffy Duck If you haven't signed up with someone else, I'm available for PC.

NOTE: I kept trying to do this on my phone and never got it to work (it would never recognize that I had logged in). Worked on my laptop, though.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Did they upgrade the character animations? I swear everything looks way more smooth now I remember when the game launched coming from RDR2 the animations for movement looked god awful.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Will Kenly College that releases today be available after 3rd or is it a time-limited thing?

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the first time they've brought the Kenly back? I swear a couple weeks ago my buddy and I ran through 2 of the 3 missions. We got half way through the 3rd and my daughter woke up with a nightmare so we had to cut it short? Does progress save or do you have to do all of it in one sitting?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Is this the first time they've brought the Kenly back? I swear a couple weeks ago my buddy and I ran through 2 of the 3 missions. We got half way through the 3rd and my daughter woke up with a nightmare so we had to cut it short? Does progress save or do you have to do all of it in one sitting?
Nope, it comes in and then rotates out. I don't remember if it's a set schedule, or just has happened a few times so far.

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, it comes in and then rotates out. I don't remember if it's a set schedule, or just has happened a few times so far.

Okay, cool. Just wanted make sure I didn't do something else. Do you know if progress saves or are we going to have to do all of them over again. They are pretty time consuming and we don't have a ton of time. I love this game but it's quite silly that they remove it. I guess I get it but still dumb.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Okay, cool. Just wanted make sure I didn't do something else. Do you know if progress saves or are we going to have to do all of them over again. They are pretty time consuming and we don't have a ton of time. I love this game but it's quite silly that they remove it. I guess I get it but still dumb.
I really expect them to change it with the big update. I don't see Kenly staying like this.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I honestly don't have a clue. I did it once and then never thought about it again. I would assume that come March 3rd there'll be changes to the Expedition in some way - either better rewards, or getting rid of the silly rotation system. Either way, you won't be missing out on much if you don't do it all right now.

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't have a clue. I did it once and then never thought about it again. I would assume that come March 3rd there'll be changes to the Expedition in some way - either better rewards, or getting rid of the silly rotation system. Either way, you won't be missing out on much if you don't do it all right now.

I gotcha. Thanks for the reply. Outside of that we are having a blast. Pretty much our go to game. I need to start working on getting exotics. I will say I love the bounty system more that anything else. Just so fun to hunt down people.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Did some matchmaking for a Stronghold(just got to level 30). So one random joins and we are doing it and then someone else joins. But the 3rd guy just bitches about people matchmaking and not doing what they got invited for which confused me. He was doing some side mission which I guess was hard cuz he died a few times but I'm pretty sure I did matchmaking for the Stronghold.

Was just confused the whole time because while me and the other person are actually doing it he's just complaining then gloating about the high end drops he's getting. Then said he was gonna report us?? Is that an issue with people matchmaking? Wouldn't be surprised cuz I wanna do a stronghold and got invited only for the person trying to do dark zone stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Did some matchmaking for a Stronghold(just got to level 30). So one random joins and we are doing it and then someone else joins. But the 3rd guy just bitches about people matchmaking and not doing what they got invited for which confused me. He was doing some side mission which I guess was hard cuz he died a few times but I'm pretty sure I did matchmaking for the Stronghold.

Was just confused the whole time because while me and the other person are actually doing it he's just complaining then gloating about the high end drops he's getting. Then said he was gonna report us?? Is that an issue with people matchmaking? Wouldn't be surprised cuz I wanna do a stronghold and got invited only for the person trying to do dark zone stuff.
Never run across this (xbox). Sounds to me like the user was just a dip and either did the matchmaking wrong on his side, or the game legitimately screwed up, but either way, no reason to act that way.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Hey folks, I've been playing on PC for a while and I had a few questions.

1. My friend helped me get to World Tier 5 around launch by boosting me. I've got the gear for some of the tougher stuff, and I can deal with regular adds just fine, but I have no idea what I should be doing. The UI is a nightmare of stuff to sift through, and I'm totally overwhelmed the moment the map comes up.

2. What kind of gear should I be building into? How should I be acquiring said gear?

3. How do I know when I've got good gear or bad gear? What are some must-have perks? Am I able to improve/transfer stats from my existing guns onto other weapons, and what should I consider in that case?

4. What kind of weapons are considered "meta"? I remember shotguns being jank as hell around launch. Are those any better?

5. How are you doing? Thanks for bearing with me.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Guy was just stupid, don't even think about it.
Some people don't get the matchmaking and queue for wrong things.
There also is no matchmaking for sidemissions directly.

Hey folks, I've been playing on PC for a while and I had a few questions.

1. My friend helped me get to World Tier 5 around launch by boosting me. I've got the gear for some of the tougher stuff, and I can deal with regular adds just fine, but I have no idea what I should be doing. The UI is a nightmare of stuff to sift through, and I'm totally overwhelmed the moment the map comes up.

2. What kind of gear should I be building into? How should I be acquiring said gear?

3. How do I know when I've got good gear or bad gear? What are some must-have perks? Am I able to improve/transfer stats from my existing guns onto other weapons, and what should I consider in that case?

4. What kind of weapons are considered "meta"? I remember shotguns being jank as hell around launch. Are those any better?

5. How are you doing? Thanks for bearing with me.

The answers to your questions basically all change on March 3rd, so there wouldn't really be much of a point telling you the meta right now.
Builds, difficulty, meta, it's all changing for everyone on March 3rd.
I'd give you the advice to just play and use whatever gear with talents you find fun for now and then once March 3rd hits you'll have a much easier time to build something yourself.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Why is this update coming out on a Tuesday? I wish they could have got it out in time for the weekend.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Why is this update coming out on a Tuesday? I wish they could have got it out in time for the weekend.

IIRC, they had bugs and issues in Tidal Basin's update (TU2) they couldn't look into it immediately cuz it was released on Friday

Since then, they decided to release their updates on Tuesday

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Some REALLY nice stuff on SOTG right now:

• "We're still working out the detail about preload for the expansion"
    • "It's complicated because it's not a new game but an update"
    • "What's the intention for the endgame?"
    • "When people reach level 40, they have a checklist of stats/talents to collect and bounties to go after"
    • "You no longer need intel to go after bounties"
    • "Difficulty progression: Normal prepares you to hard, hard to challenging, and so on until heroic"
    • "New activities for level 40 version of DC, like the legendary mission for example"
    • "With no budget system, we can now properly reward high difficulty with great stat drop"
    • "You can still get god rolls from easier difficulty, but higher chance to get god roll from harder one"
    • Season one roadmap
    • "Every 3 weeks new target unlocks"
    • "Every months there's a league (??)"
    • "3 months-long campaign"
    • "There's story"
    • "Basically every week there's something new, it could be new target, new league, or global event"
    • Manhunt menu
    • "Doesn't replace invasion"
    • "If you kill the central manhunt target, you will get new skill variant."
    • "We will eventually have a way to unlock that skill variant after season 1."
    • Pause menu showcasing season front and center
    • Reward track menu
    • "At the end of the track there's an exotic weapon"
    • "Expansion owner gets the reward track, but you can pay for the premium track"
    • Still no news about XP boost for the premium track
    • "Premium track of season 1 will be free for expansion owner."
    • "No premium-track-only item that gives power, only cosmetic"
    • "Premium track price is 10 USD"
    • "12 weeks of season and 1 week of pre season"
    • Striker and System Corruption gearset
    • "Reward track gives the full gear set"
    • "Striker gear can come from anywhere, not only reward track"
    • "System Corruption gear come from DZ"
    • "It's also a PVP-focused gearset"
    • Damn, System Corruption can hide nameplate :o
    • "There's gearset of the season"
    • "Premium reward track gives cosmetic that's thematic with the gearset"
    • Season menu
    • "You can scroll around to check past and future event of the season"
    • "Polarity Switch event: Shoot same charged enemy to gain damage, shoot different charge and get stunned."
    • "Switch charge with reload or weapon switch"
    • "Green bar under XP bar: season progression bar"
    • "XP bar is for SHD level"
    • "Season level goes from 1 to 100"
    • "The pacing is similar to the usual field proficiency cache"
    • League menu
    • "Global event last 1 week"
    • "It's welcoming"
    • "League last 2 weeks"
    • "It's skill challenge"
    • League detail menu
    • "There's 60 stages in a league"
    • "Stage progress resets every week, but the reward progress doesn't"
    • League reward menu
    • "Apparel events are coming back"
    • Yay
    • "Last 3 weeks"
    • "Coincides with first event"
    • "Projects have been simplified"
    • "There's daily and weekly for PVE and PVP"
    • "To access seasons you need to be level 40 and finished the WoNY campaign"
    • "It's a continuation of the story"
    • "We're not expecting everyone to finish everything"
    • "In the last 3 weeks of the season, we'll allow people to purchase season level."
    • "Only season levels, not XP or SHD level or other event rewards."
    • "Items from reward track will not be randomized from normal difficulty, but higher one"
    • "Faction chest will now show up on the map"
    • "When you enter New York, your bench will go back to colored system"
    • "Exotics will be changed a lot to fit new gear system"
    • "We don't want you to press a button and get godrolled item" << Talking about exotic
    • "But don't throw away your exotic"
    • "It cannot be upgraded through bench, but you will have to engage with the new endgame system"

Last edited:

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
All the season stuff sounds fantastic.

I am beyond hyped for next week.

VZ16U0e.png

Reanimated is totally going to be headshots kill - anything else & they get back up.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yup, Seasons are looking like a fantastic addition to the game.

Of course there's a lot to still see in practice, but the combination of Seasons adding constantly changing activities/goals/directives, the harder difficulties in general having higher chances to drop better gear, etc., it is finally feeling like there'll be a reason to play, to challenge myself, etc. Stoked!

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
my favorite thing is that the seasons themselves don't cost you 10$.
it's literally just if you want the extra rewards from the premium track but nothing else is behind a paywall.
any league, any global event, whatever, you can just play. (if you got the expansion but I mean, that's a one time 25€ buy)