Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I find this game very hard to stop playing. Like if I have to go to the bathroom I hold it till I'm gonna explode...that's how addictive the gameplay is for some reason, lol.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen anyone in the dark zone. Level 14.
This new DZ setup is poop.
12 players mean only 2 other squads beside yours and it's almost always empty. The DZ are also small and quite meh in comparison atmosphere wise most of the time as the zones are so packed and dense that every specific location itself feels quite cramped, plus not much indoor locations in there. Due to the higher object density DZ also runs worse than other areas of the game so I dislike going there. The system they had in Div 1 was great, this system I was skeptical about it but was willing to give it a try but so far it's a bust.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
This new DZ setup is poop.
12 players mean only 2 other squads beside yours and it's almost always empty. The DZ are also small and quite meh in comparison atmosphere wise most of the time as the zones are so packed and dense that every specific location itself feels quite cramped, plus not much indoor locations in there. Due to the higher object density DZ also runs worse than other areas of the game so I dislike going there. The system they had in Div 1 was great, this system I was skeptical about it but was willing to give it a try but so far it's a bust.
Yeah this game is almost entirely smart evolution across varies aspects of the game compared to Div 1, but the DZ seems to be one of the few (only?) areas that is a swing and a miss.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Holy shit, the DCD Headquarters mission almost broke me spiritually. It had to have taken me an hour and a half.

Also I kind of wish Division 1 was set in Washington and Division 2 was set in NYC but with all the visual and gameplay upgrades in the NYC setting (but still set in the winter), maybe keeping the central DZ with outer smaller DZs.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I have good news!

You'll be able to exact your revenge once you unlock the bounties terminal in the White House!

Yeah, that's what I meant with the NPC lol. Got both of them. Didn't manage to pick up any intel though when I did another control point.

Fucking DZ, two fucks ran in with shields while I was extracting. Managed to drop them both when they were trying to camp a supply drop after I respawned.

At level 20, been averaging a level per hour. Been trying to avoid side missions, just doing random events as I make my way to story missions.

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Im up-fucking-set!! Finished tier 1 District Union stronghold and the leader(matchmade) left as soon as the shit said complete. Me and the two other guys get kicked back to the White House. I left at least 5 high tier on the floor and something exotic. And the game has no kind of mailbox. Fuck.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Im up-fucking-set!! Finished tier 1 District Union stronghold and the leader(matchmade) left as soon as the shit said complete. Me and the two other guys get kicked back to the White House. I left at least 5 high tier on the floor and something exotic. And the game has no kind of mailbox. Fuck.

That's weird, supposedly when a party member left, even if it's the original host, the game didn't throw you out from what you are currently doing, right...? It simply transfers over to anyone who is still active.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
So at 44 hours I'm level...23 I think? Really taking my time. But starting to find more yellow loot now. Is yellow the best stuff? Is there more/cooler gear to look forward to? Instinctively I know the answer is probably "yes" but it's hard to imagine it can maintain a growth curve of cool factor if I'm getting lots of yellows already?

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
So at 44 hours I'm level...23 I think? Really taking my time. But starting to find more yellow loot now. Is yellow the best stuff? Is there more/cooler gear to look forward to? Instinctively I know the answer is probably "yes" but it's hard to imagine it can maintain a growth curve of cool factor if I'm getting lots of yellows already?
Yellow loot is the highest one.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
How do I get to WT2? I need 3 invaded missions, and each time I was in another players world we went to WT2, but now I'm back in WT1. What am I doing wrong?

edit - nevermind I was doing the wrong missions I think. also, my gear score will be 310 only. How do I increase it to 325 to do the next missions to get to WT3? Whats the best way to upgrade my gear?

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I love how you can see all your guns and gadgets on your backpack. I hate when stuff just appears out of nowhere. A small detail but these things really matter.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Posting for the Discord. Not much of a loot game fan but The Division 2 has its hooks in me. Just unlocked clans, I'm ready to squad up.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to pretend the commendations don't exist. I'd rescued a bunch of civilians and figured, why not try one more time to get the Explorer Distinction?

15/20 civilians rescued. The next public execution I find, there's TWO mobs of enemies and I eat it almost instantly. I can't keep doing this to myself. Why does this all have to be in ONE LIFE?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any point to lingering in a given World Tier, or should I beeline straight for WT4? I've heard that stuff gets really hard to solo in WT4, so that has me concerned, but WT1 isn't much of a walk in the park either and I've already hit the gear score ceiling for this tier so advancing seems to make sense. Also, do the Invaded missions reset every tier or do I only go through the whole set once?

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
Skill mods make no sense right now. Surely this can't be intentional?
The skill power requirements and level of mods make no sense in relation to what your gear actually has at the corresponding levels.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do I get to WT2? I need 3 invaded missions, and each time I was in another players world we went to WT2, but now I'm back in WT1. What am I doing wrong?

edit - nevermind I was doing the wrong missions I think. also, my gear score will be 310 only. How do I increase it to 325 to do the next missions to get to WT3? Whats the best way to upgrade my gear?

Do the invasion missions. If that isn't enough to get you to the required gearscore, do control points, bounties etc. If you like the dark zone, just run around clearing out landmarks in circles. You should reach 325 in no time.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Is there any point to lingering in a given World Tier, or should I beeline straight for WT4? I've heard that stuff gets really hard to solo in WT4, so that has me concerned, but WT1 isn't much of a walk in the park either and I've already hit the gear score ceiling for this tier so advancing seems to make sense. Also, do the Invaded missions reset every tier or do I only go through the whole set once?
If it's like the first game, you can always downgrade world tiers. Just go for it. Most things you pick up will be improvements.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
When will they introduce that agents are actually emotionless clones that are held at bay with nanomachines, and rogue agents are the ones that have defeated the repression of emotions and blind following of orders?

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017

Once you get past a certain gearscore and get more comfortable with your specialization and gear you can absolutely melt in WT4. Im at 459 as a Sharpshooter and I can one tap all red bars and 2-4 tap all yellow and purple elites with my Model 700. I run an Mk17 with Hive Revive and Assault Turret. Honestly most days I run solo unless its a challenging mission or heroic bounty(too many enemies to fight) so I can blow through everything. For invaded missions you only have to go through the set once but the control points and all of that stuff can bounce back and forth.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else feel like World Tier progression was too fast?

Wish they incorporated some new mechanics on each stronghold before letting you advance in world tiers.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017

No real point in lingering in wt1 but then there is no rush to get to wt4 either.

Invaded missions are only there for each tier, once you hit wt4 then you unlock the hard and challenging versions.

Dreathlock

Nov 3, 2017
I did not get the 5.56 magazine blueprint from the department of justice side mission. Cant find it at the bench and cant redo the mission. Im at wt4 now. Am i fucked?

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
I did not get the 5.56 magazine blueprint from the department of justice side mission. Cant find it at the bench and cant redo the mission. Im at wt4 now. Am i fucked?

It's a known issue with some of the mods. One method you can do to try and fix it is to go into all of your specializations, respec them (there's no cost), reinvest the points, and activate each of the specializations. It might refresh your character and give you the mods you're missing.

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
Managed to get myself up to 351 and into WT3, bit of a roam around cleaning up my map tonight and then the last stronghold. So much content, absolutely loving it, even more so than the first game.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks to whoever posted about double-clicking to see where the backup calls were coming from. Now I can see what that person is attempting and join if I want to. Cleared out a bunch of side quests this way already.

Some do, some stay zoomed in. Neither are a problem for me given how much damage they do especially with headshots. Each weapon has its own shortcomings otherwise sniper rifles would be really OP.

Yeah that auto-descope was driving me nuts in the beta. Really ruined the invaded mission for me. Glad to hear it's not all of them though. Right now I use marksman rifle but swap out the scope.

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
That's weird, supposedly when a party member left, even if it's the original host, the game didn't throw you out from what you are currently doing, right...? It simply transfers over to anyone who is still active.

The transfer is exactly what it's supposed to do. Not sure why it chose to glitch out at such an important moment. I'm hoping it never happens again.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So how is Anti Cheat holding up on PC? Thinking about switching to the PC Version as imho Division feels horrible with Gamepad. Division 1 was cheater infested but I want to play PvP regularly as I enjoy the mode a ton.

Edit: PvP was borderline unplayable on Division 1 PC.

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
I assume it's a known issue that the same button is used to highlight mods and to label as trash (R2) so the menu loses the plot upon use and you have to deconstruct mods one at a time?

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Alright, reach WT4 today. Now I need to get ready for Tidal Basin.

I am still missing some tech points though. I should be able to unlock everything right? I don't see any left on the map though.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
Huh...died 20 times doing the 2nd mission of Jefferson trade center. Might be because we had a level 20 while rest of us were level 4 boosted to 20 and playing.

This game seems to be a lot harder than last one or I haven't got good weapons.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or is gear score basically the same as level, and I just got a really bad roll on the second gun?
You got a bad roll. Every item has a range of stats as well as random bonuses, which means if you hit the low end of the range it will be worse than some lower tier god rolls and if you hit the high end of the range it will be better than higher GS shit rolls.

Yeah... this narrative doesn't hold up anymore. The bigger enemies - who ARE bullet sponges - are contextualized properly in-game by having armor that breaks off in pieces. And when you shoot the part of the body where the armor broke, you start doing health damage quickly. It's literally *the best* thing they could have done for a loot-based game in a realistic setting.

You can spend 5 minutes unloading clip after clip into the chest or a heavily armored enemy or spend 5 seconds flanking it and shooting it in the back to kill it. That's why we still see bullet sponge complaints, people aren't using weak points, don't understand the mechanics, or aren't using the right skills.

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017
oh man a two buddies of mine and I found a Hunter. Fool keeps healing himself. We stood no chance. Never go his armor more than halfway down before he repaired it lol.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
I think cranking up the sharpness just makes it look worse. I should probably mess around with the .cfg file to turn off the AA, although I've heard it can cause issues.
What resolution do you play at? I'm playing at 75% of 4k and the sharpening really helps. The game looks nearly like 4k and I can hardly tell the difference.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the fuck out of the first one, even if I thought DZ griefers ruined that side of the game. This one... idk, just not feeling it. The SP seems worse, even if the set pieces and level design in campaign missions are way better. I have no idea what the story is, there's too much shit plastered on the map now.

The DZ is boring because the enemies are way too easy. Forget other agents, it used to be difficult just to clear landmarks in the old DZ. Now they're a piece of cake even in a 3 person squad.

Is this just because I'm a level 13? Does it get better? Like I've heard the end game is great and where the "real game" is but I'm almost too bored to get there.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the fuck out of the first one, even if I thought DZ griefers ruined that side of the game. This one... idk, just not feeling it. The SP seems worse, even if the set pieces and level design in campaign missions are way better. I have no idea what the story is, there's too much shit plastered on the map now.

The DZ is boring because the enemies are way too easy. Forget other agents, it used to be difficult just to clear landmarks in the old DZ. Now they're a piece of cake even in a 3 person squad.

Is this just because I'm a level 13? Does it get better? Like I've heard the end game is great and where the "real game" is but I'm almost too bored to get there.

level 13? yikes