• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I actually don't mind the story, in the sense that all I really need to know is the basic premise to have fun in this type of game.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Really enjoying playing co-op in this game in missions, I just gotta figure out what is wrong with my mic in this game. Cant get it to work for some reason.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a fifth faction? I've come across guys in dark colors where the assault guys use semiauto weapons while the melee guys attack you with knives. They show up during the beekeeper side mission and they were also completely silent which is pretty unnerving.

This is a weird nitpick, but I really wish that the Civilian troops had armor. It's so distracting watching a guy in a t-shirt soak up a magazine of assault rifle fire.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Hmmm OK, yeah. Environmental storytelling and interesting locations to visit counts for a lot in this type of game. Would you say that the storytelling is at least on par with the first game?

The environmental storytelling and the world in general are far, far better than in the first game, and I'm saying that as a massive TD1 fanboy.

Edit: not to mention there's a ton of secrets and weird things in this game that border on supernatural (even the they're clearly not).

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Turned on DX12 since the DF video said it was better than DX11 and getting a ton of lighting and texture issues. Going to upgrade my drivers and hopefully that fixes it.

*Edit wrong thread but won't delete it.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Question: when I secure a control point, should I be donating all of my resources so they 100/100 on everything? Is there a better use for them? Just curious as I felt like that part of the game was under-explained, or I missed the benefits of having them be fully stocked.

Dorkmgl

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a fifth faction? I've come across guys in dark colors where the assault guys use semiauto weapons while the melee guys attack you with knives. They show up during the beekeeper side mission and they were also completely silent which is pretty unnerving.

This is a weird nitpick, but I really wish that the Civilian troops had armor. It's so distracting watching a guy in a t-shirt soak up a magazine of assault rifle fire.

Hunters maybe? Theres no official 5th faction but Hunters are basically a faction that impersonates SHD agents.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Yes, there is a fifth faction. The guys in black wrapped in chains, only appearing during the night or in the sewers. Their faction icon is a link of chain and they're called "Underground".
I've met them a score of times now. Their silence is unnerving as fuck.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, there is a fifth faction. The guys in black wrapped in chains, only appearing during the night or in the sewers. Their faction icon is a link of chain and they're called "Underground".
I've met them a score of times now. Their silence is unnerving as fuck.

Spooky, I think I ran into them once, one dude started chasing me with a chainsaw, I got flashbacks to RE4 and ran far away haha.

Oct 29, 2017
Really been enjoying what I've played so far. Only made it a bit past where the beta ended but I'm liking it much more than I had expected.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Question: when I secure a control point, should I be donating all of my resources so they 100/100 on everything? Is there a better use for them? Just curious as I felt like that part of the game was under-explained, or I missed the benefits of having them be fully stocked.
I THINK that when the control point is fully stocked, the patrols are more agressive towards the enemies, as they don't have to collect ressources...

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't have unrealistic expectations of developers if you don't know anything about software development.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
man, some strikes are a bit shitty on challenging difficulty... it often boils down to playing the sitting duck at the entrance of the room because the room itself is death from every direction. that is not challenging, it is boring

astro

Oct 25, 2017
man, some strikes are a bit shitty on challenging difficulty... it often boils down to play the sitting duck at the entrance of the room because the room itself is death from every direction. that is not challenging, it is boring
If your team is well focused, you can push into those rooms and clear them efficiently. Absolutely no need to turtle.

If you're playing with randoms with no mics of course it will be harder.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Goofed around a bit solo and looks like my skills work, yippy. Game still hard so not something I'm going to play to unwind like destiny and antoher GaaS title but its great.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Got my second mask but man those fights are hard for a fresh 30, I think I'll do the rest when I finish story and hit WT1.