• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

screenshot_20200117-0gmki4.png

FYI, Division 1 is leaving GamePass end of this month so could be making room for Division 2.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It was weird watching the first game being the one getting considering than they should be trying to push the sequel as a GAAS

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never played the series, will try out the SP (does it have one?).

I have zero interest in GaaS aspect, I don't have hours to be rewarded with throwaway cosmetics and stats, if that's all it is, then game will be passed blud.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Never played the series, will try out the SP (does it have one?).

I have zero interest in GaaS aspect, I don't have hours to be rewarded with throwaway cosmetics and stats, if that's all it is, then game will be passed blud.

The leveling experience in The Division 2 is amazing.
(And you can comfortably play it completely solo).

ProLogY

Banned
May 19, 2018
The Mixer stream for Division is actually to raise money for the fires in Australia. It's a good cause and they are giving out Xboxs and other goodies to people who donate.

Check it out at mixer.com/xbox

Last edited:

NottJim

Animation Programmer
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
The Division 2 really polished the gameplay of TD1, but the story and setting are not as good.

It's a really solid gaming experience, I put in 200+ hours and have no regrets.

If this is true GamePass will be killing it again.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It's so dumb that this game doesn't have cross save. With all the hours I put in the PC version, I'm never going to regrind that on XBOX or any other system.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
This was my 3rd most played game last year (somehow) but boy is it completely forgettable. A good pick up for GP but end game was a complete bore fest and I'm glad I didn't hang around any longer than I already did.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bought for $20 last summer and haven't played it yet, oops. I guess I can keep the disc in the case now with GP. At least it'll get a player count bump.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played the first game for 50 hours at launch, wasn't too invested in the endgame and I felt the concept gave me enough already so I didn't bother with the sequel. Enough time passed and a technically superior sequel "for free" on the Pass is something I'd gladly try. Bring it on!

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Bought it full price. Never later past 2h. Game sucks. I loved first one

I don't understand this. This means you effectively didn't even get to the parts were it even feels different than the first much less declare it sucks.

You loved the first one? The campaign and leveling experience is fantastic in this and a step up in terms of design yet you couldn't stomach it? You felt the hype to get the sequel to a game you 'loved' day 1, and barely got past the intro despite being almost identical in play aside from the skill system which presumably you barely unlocked?

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand this. This means you effectively didn't even get to the parts were it even feels different than the first much less declare it sucks.

You loved the first one? The campaign and leveling experience is fantastic in this and a step up in terms of design yet you couldn't stomach it? You felt the hype to get the sequel to a game you 'loved' day 1, and barely got past the intro despite being almost identical in play aside from the skill system which presumably you barely unlocked?

To be fair, I had a similar experience. I put about 60hrs into the original and still pop into it occasionally just to roam. I just didn't feel the atmosphere of the 2nd games's setting. For some reason, I also found it much more difficult. I finished the original campaign in about 20hrs and hardly ever died. I got stuck a few times in the 2nd game after about 5hrs and just sort of lost interest. Shame.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I would love a Division game designed to be offline or restricted to normal online co-op.

I will give this a go but I got to a point in the first one where the gaas thing just became annoying.

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
Great fun for a while. As others have said, leveling is well done. A lot of fun co-op especially with a buddy. The randos I played with were almost all super friendly and helpful. The lack of end game content is maddening. It gets very repetitive and there is not much reason to play after finishing the story.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Doubt this will be on PC vamepass as I feel this would undermine that UPlay + thing they have, unless they are abandoning it already.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Loved the hell out of the first game but was put off by trolls in the multiplayer aspect and uninstalled.

Was no fun going into the darkzone and having high level squads wait at entrance/spawn points to destroy you. The concept of protecting loot as you extracted was amazing, but it quickly turned into a free fall game of hide and seek.

Last edited:

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played this with my buddy over the summer and we both enjoyed it very much for the 50+ hours we played together.

Don't understand why this one bombed. Wildlands 2 i understand but this is a good game imo.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Hm that would be kind of unexpected since Ubi has its own "game pass". Were there many Ubi games on game pass until now? Not that I remember.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Played this with my buddy over the summer and we both enjoyed it very much for the 50+ hours we played together.

Don't understand why this one bombed. Wildlands 2 i understand but this is a good game imo.

It didn't bomb. It underperformed because Ubisoft had ridiculous expectations for it. It reviewed well and sold well, just not the Assassin's Creed numbers they had planned/hoped. It's not breakpoint situation at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if the weak value proposition of the season pass hurt revenue projections.

Last edited:

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
yeah the actual game is fine but once you complete you enter the end game, and there's a new faction and you begin to "level up" the city...how far into the black tusk version of the game did you get? because I couldn't even walk a couple blocks without getting annihilated
I misread you. I had a few bud light seltzers. I thought you meant you couldn't play the game solo after you beat it. I drank so I apologize

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Didn't like the settings. Played a big part

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Idk if it bombed, it sold and reviewed really well (it helped that it was in stark contrast with Anthem which also released around the same time), but they sort of forgot a lot of lessons about the endgame from the previous installment, so the community fell off a cliff a couple of months later.

It's a much better game now, but people are slow to come back.