• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
They really did it!

Looks like the did not compromise the feel and look of the original, super excited to see this

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
Worth saying the original movie has a fantastic 4K version that really shows off the detail in those puppets and costumes, in case people are planning to rewatch.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unbelievable production value, honestly shocked at how beautiful and consistent everything looks. I dont remember much of the original, and as a child everything was incomprehensible, i just remember being terrified through the entire movie, the world was so grim and (obviously) dark, yet i was drawn to those Gelflings. Those beetle like monsters, i still remember those.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
A whole new generation of children about to be scarred for life when they experience Nightmare Fuel 2: These Puppets are Creepy AF.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Looks great! Can't wait to watch this series.

For those that don't know Jim Henson studios is making it, and they used the original puppets and details to make the new ones so it looks like the movie.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Thank the gods it looks great, I'm don't think my soul could've taken the blow if it looked like trash.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved the original as a kid (and named my hamster Fizzgig back then because of it). I will watch this.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Crystal was one of my favorite movies as a child. Whenever I stayed home sick from school I always either watched Dark Crystal or Labyrinth. This show looks fantastic, can't wait :)

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
digging the effort here to still use puppetry, of course i don't expect everything to be as it was but it looks great mixed with the CGI.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
THIS.

LOOKS.

BONKERS!

Puppetry has come a long way in 30+ years and I'm here for it!

EDIT:

Thread merged.

Last edited:

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This looks insane! Never seen the original but it's on my watchlist and this just helped push it forward.
Netflix really goes all in on such projects and throws all the money at them. And I love them for this.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
me:
ryQew6j.gif