• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
The Ezra scene was cool but you could easily tell it was tacked in after most of the shooting was done because it wasn't relevant whatsoever to the plot and actually hurts the pacing. If you take that scene out the episode would have worked perfectly and been paced better.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The Ezra scene was cool but you could easily tell it was tacked in after most of the shooting was done because it wasn't relevant whatsoever to the plot and actually hurts the pacing. If you take that scene out the episode would have worked perfectly and been paced better.

Yeah. It definitely felt like an "OH SHIT WE CAN USE THIS" moment. I wish they had Ezra-Flash like impart some knowledge to Barry or something so the scene didn't feel stapled in.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I'm actually not that surprised Ezra agreed to the cameo. Dude was probably chomping at the bit to suit up again with his movie in development hell and little chance of another JL movie in the near future. I am shocked whoever is in charge of the DCEU agreed to it, though.

opus

Oct 25, 2017
So are all these series effectively getting soft rebooted? Because I'm behind on a few, and never started others, and it seems like a waste to try and get caught up if I'm starting with Crisis for a lot of these characters.

Oct 25, 2017
Ollie created Earth-Prime and the new Earths were generated by possibility. Essentially he created a seed world and differences in choice and consequence allowed the other Earths to spin off of that. That's how the previous multiverse got started too.

Yeah, but Earth 9 (Titans) is the same as before with the same number. I'm mostly just speculating on how Stargirl is taking over a number that was previously occupied, unlike the others.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but Earth 9 (Titans) is the same as before with the same number. I'm mostly just speculating on how Stargirl is taking over a number that was previously occupied, unlike the others.

I think the simplest explanation is just that some manner of Earth-2 came back and it just happens to be one where the JSA existed and had this particular Starman. Whether or not Harry and Jesse came back I guess we'll find out, perhaps next time we see Wally.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I finally watched the episodes. Ended up getting spoiled on the Ezra cameo by accident, but even then it was still great to see that. Lex stole the crossover he was great. And yes yes I know that RF was mentioned way too much already, but I was still kind of slightly hoping he would show up after all the teasing. Anyways, the crossover was fun even if it had some problems, but I still enjoyed it. And to get this out of my system, since this is now Earth-Prime, does this mean that The Orokin are going to show up?

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
One multiverse reboot later, Star Labs' roof is still broken.

One of these days they are going to have someone ask about it and they'll say that they've tried to fix it but accidents happened and now every roofing firm in Central City believes it cursed and won't go near it. Plus, y'know, it did kind of explode.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So I just finally finished watching everything and it was just awesome. Talk about a smart way to reboot your entire franchise without going crazy. Just fantastic. Closest I'll ever get to seeing an actual, good Justice League as well in live action unfortunately.

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What was with the way they shot the Speedforce scenes with Barry in Part 4? They look so good? Like better than normal CWTV.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I waited 6 years to have Flash's vanishing be wasted with a cop out.
Yeah, I'm kinda mad about that. If wally had stayed, they probably would've killed off Barry. Also, smh at wally and Jessie not being mentioned.

So please tell me at least Jefferson told them what's going down in Freeland assuming that problem is still happening.
You know damn well the league doesn't care about freeland's real problems.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
What was with the way they shot the Speedforce scenes with Barry in Part 4? They look so good? Like better than normal CWTV.
Glen Winter (veteran director, did Legends, Supergirl and Doom Patrol pilots) just flexing his muscles. It was also an interesting way to remix old scenes and add to speed force spookiness.

Riverdale can look fantastic at times too, network TV just tends to go with shooting styles that are easily replicated, suitable for VFX and quick to shoot.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're cowards for not combing DC Universe shows and their future star girl/green lantern shows to CW Earth IMO

EDIT:

OH MY GOD THEY RETCONED DOOM PATROL TO A NEW EARTH, I'm DYING

Last edited:

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That toku final fight was cool!

But about the ending, what happens to people that had duplicates on each Earths?

And DCEU Flash confirms Multi-multiverses, no?
Then they should adapt the Amalgam storyline with the Netflix and ABC/Freeform/Hulu Marvel shows :v

But I guess the next event will be Final Crisis.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

But about the ending, what happens to people that had duplicates on each Earths?

Then they should adapt the Amalgam storyline with the Netflix and ABC/Freeform/Hulu Marvel shows :v

The multiverse isn't gone. It's just slightly different now. There are still multiversal duplicates.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Really hate how they treated Superman in the crossover.
He was like a C list support character/hero.
I get they want Supergirl to be the top dog, but c'mon man....

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The episode of Titans with them in it was a backdoor pilot for the show. The actual show is a different version of the Doom Patrol, as made evident by the Chief being a completely different actor.
I guess I was confused on that, but also the actor thing I wasn't hung up on cause im used to that shit in universes and such. I guess they didn't want to be limited by the "normal" hero shows which I get, but still, all these shows should be one earth imo.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I was confused on that, but also the actor thing I wasn't hung up on cause im used to that shit in universes and such. I guess they didn't want to be limited by the "normal" hero shows which I get, but still, all these shows should be one earth imo.

It's up to the people in charge of the individual shows. If they don't want to be in the Arrowverse they shouldn't have to be.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

Duplicates probably and most likely still exists.

There's a multiverse and then there's a omniverse. I'm guessing it's still a multiverse but the omniverse contains everything and every dimension. An omniverse won't be name dropped until we see the new Arrowverse interact with, like, cartoon characters or beings outside of DC.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
For what people generally want most, random interactions, they've made it so trivial to travel between worlds that it really doesn't matter if a specific show is in-universe. If they want Swamp Thing to interact with Constantine they can grab him.

Shows should be in-universe if there are good or interesting stories to tell using the overall world. Black Lightning embodies this in both ways, as it told stories that didn't need or were better for not coexisting in a universe with a Superman or a Flash at that time. They've been able to tell those stories but now they get the opportunity to go the other direction. Where is Superman and why doesn't he care about Freeland?

Fucking go in on this motherfucker, BL.