Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Honestly, I enjoyed this episode a lot more than the first two. Finally we get to the fun shlock part of the show. Yeah, it's wacky and fun, but I definitely prefer that over the grimdark mando-style from the first two episodes. Even that show would suffer if it didn't have Baby Yoda to balance things out.

This, this I can get behind, wacky cyborg Power Rangers included.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Yeah I liked episodes 1 & 2 and this one was filled with problems.

It's still far from some trash fire and perfectly enjoyable, plus I really don't agree with "THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE STAR WARS"

Like dude the fucking Werewolf is in Star Wars, who cares? They can have the Beetleborgs for all I care

Boba getting silly biker goons on his team is not the problem with the episode.

The poor, cheap direction of the chase, the flip flopping of who the villain is and the offscreening of Boba's Tusken friends are some clear issues this episode has.

Boba negotiating his way to more allies, the rancor, the fight with Krrsantan, "With all due respect, no one respects you", those things I really liked.

Therion

Oct 25, 2017
I can't say I loved this episode, but at least it helped justify the heavy use of Bubble Fett. The surprise attack during a moment you've been conditioned to feel safe in was pretty effective.

Also I thought Root fit the world better than a lot of the other comedians they've cast in these shows.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
YOUTHS!!

glad to see star wars finally advacing on his selection of aesthetic, we are know in the 80's cyberpunk thingy

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
This is Disney's definition of a "crime lord"
Hiring the bikers and getting lock out and ditch.
This must be a comedy "crime lord " show. And those mopeds 😆
At least Natalie from Yellowjackets is in this show.
Yellowjackets-Natalie-Leather-Jacket.jpg

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Boba Fett, Rancor Rider. Yes, I do want to see that happen now. It's stupid, but it's good stupid.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like.. I'm fine with the things that happened in this episode, but lawd almighty at whoever greenlit the costumes, styling, and bike designs for those mooks. Grime em all up and it probably woulda been fine. Whoever said Canto Bight was on the money, they look like rich spoiled kids trying to piss off their parents.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Literal discount Power Rangers lmao.
My thoughts exactly. I love the brightly colored space Vespas. Love how the cyborg dude is proud of his eye, it's like we're in a wholesome Black Mirror.
This episode reminded me Star Wars is for kids with how nice the hero is with everyone, how the big bad Wookiee was just nicely released into the wild and how nice Danny Trejo and his Rancor were. I thought this show would go overboard with the grimdarkness but it's the contrary. I wouldn't be surprised if the show ends with Boba being elected president of Tatooine because he solved poverty or something.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My thoughts exactly. I love the brightly colored space Vespas. Love how the cyborg dude is proud of his eye, it's like we're in a wholesome Black Mirror.
This episode reminded me Star Wars is for kids with how nice the hero is with everyone, how the big bad Wookiee was just nicely released into the wild and how nice Danny Trejo and his Rancor were. I thought this show would go overboard with the grimdarkness but it's the contrary. I wouldn't be surprised if the show ends with Boba being elected president of Tatooine because he solved poverty or something.

they are menitoning that tatooine was a filled with water, they are making a big fuzz out of the water on tatooine, the melons, the mosture farmers.

they gonna reveal that tatooine being a desert is some syndicate fault, and they are going to reverse it and make tatooine green again.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
they are menitoning that tatooine was a filled with water, they are making a big fuzz out of the water on tatooine, the melons, the mosture farmers.

they gonna reveal that tatooine being a desert is some syndicate fault, and they are going to reverse it and make tatooine green again.

Do it.

Whatever gets us out of this sand planet trend.

They already ruined Mustafar's cool factor so why not?

iHeartGameDev

Feb 22, 2019
I'm just imagining the actors cast in the biker gang being all excited at first... only to get on set and see the terrible costume design and their atrocious vespa-cycles... both of which were made even worse by cheap looking vfx during the actual chase scene of the episode.

Wish Krrsantan stayed as a teammate to Boba. Glad that the flashbacks might be over even if it was handled poorly. Cool to see a new Rancor with today's tech.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Like.. I'm fine with the things that happened in this episode, but lawd almighty at whoever greenlit the costumes, styling, and bike designs for those mooks. Grime em all up and it probably woulda been fine. Whoever said Canto Bight was on the money, they look like rich spoiled kids trying to piss off their parents.
This is well put and how I feel. The actual plot was fine in my opinion but holy hell was it all janky and cheap looking.

When every other piece of machinery on Tatooine looks weathered and sandblasted, having some pristine, lollipop colored scooters was just super ugly. Combine that with the dorky looking costumes that made them look like Doctor Who villains and really poor CGI…yikes.

I liked the Rancor and Krrsantan bits, though.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Basically

-The Mayor is first suspected as the attacker
-Mayor deflects blame to the Hutts
-The Hutts came over to check on what Jabba left and were willing to attack Boba for it.
-They realize someone very powerful is working his way through this district, they decide to back off and leave Krrsantan to die.
-The Mayor and the Pykes are actually under this shadowy criminal figure, and now they're coming for Boba.

It's either Qi'ra with Crimson Dawn or Snoke starting to amass power.

Ishmael

Oct 27, 2017

Does that mean the ending of RoS is going to be removed from canon? If so, I'm all for it.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like how this show is consistent w/Boba being a huge jobber like in the OT.

Mando's reintroduction to Boba is clearly non-canon

Just playing, lol. Aside from the first episode, I'm enjoying Book of Boba.

Dunno why they chose to make this badass wookie a punk when he stormed Boba like that. That could have been a great moment to show how deadly the dude is AND sell Boba as a badass using smarts/cunning to incapacitate the wookie because brute strength alone woudn't cut it.

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a deleted scene from episode 3

Thank you for the laugh. I sorely needed it, especially after that episode.

Like others have said, the speeder chase had no energy. It was too reminiscent of Spy Kids because of the special effects. The moment near the end when one of the speeder-bikes comes to a "sliding" stop, and the camera wobbles just a bit felt like it was straight out of Spy Kids.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
I'm so sick of this, why is everyone except the wookie so fucking toothless in this show? Boba can't even be threatening to a bunch of hipster teenagers with attitude. He has done nothing interesting in the current time and we cant even see any more of Boba hanging with the cool tusken tribe because they got fried by those bikers.

This whole "rule with respect" thing is just making things dull at this point. Even the fight with the wookie isn't as interesting as it could be because he just pops out of nowhere after apparently sneaking past the worthless four teenagers and two pigs and doesnt even do anything except throw everyone around.

For a show about Boba wanting to be a crime lord, its hilariously sad that the one thing thats happened that actually fits the bill for a crime lord show is the mayor having that assassin shot in the head.

Also, I am so sick of this twilek secretary guy and his awful acting.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I enjoyed the first two episodes but this one felt like the weakest so far. I didn't mind the youths, I think they're kinda interesting, actually. I thought the bike chase was a bit subdued, but I did like seeing areas of Tatoonine again. I do have concerns about where this show is going and how Boba is just sort letting things happen to him and not really being that proactive about keeping his title secure as Daimyo. I'm sure Fennic is getting frustrated with him.

I do like this interpretation of Fett being kind of a doofus, the movies more than established that already, but his appearance in The Mandalorian made it seem like he grew up a bit. The series we have now just shows him as someone who hasn't changed much at all and who's unfortunately very naive. Like Fett has really gotta start taking action and being bold. The Rancor seen was nice, but it kinda showed how easily distracted he is from the bigger picture, which I think is where the show is having problems.

He's clearly not a good Daimyo, and I think the show knows that as well, so I'm hoping we'll start seeing more of a clear throughline for this show soon. I still enjoyed this episode from the angle of it being about setting stage for what's to come. Hopefully things will really start to pay off for the remainder of the series.

EDIT: Also, I thought it was lame how the Tuskan tribe was killed off screen so unceremoniously. The previous episode was great and they clearly deserved better than that.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like someone like Taika would sell Boba as a doofus a lot better than what Favreau and Rodriguez are currently doing.

da FANS would still be mad tho.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Yeah unfortunately this episode comes off as Robert Rodriguez falling into some of his worst habits. The swoop bikes looking like mopeds, the stilted chase sequence, the offscreen killing of the Tuskens.

I mean the swoop bike designs kinda falls under the realm as the design of the 1950's diner from Attack of the Clones. Just seems super out of place and, as mentioned by someone else, looks like something that jumped directly out of Spy Kids.

I can't say I hate the idea of people still not respecting Boba or his way of doing things. They established the power vacuum after Jabba died and how Bib Fortuna's control was shaky at best. Meanwhile the other criminal elements in Mos Espa are killing people left and right, hiring assassins and strong arming others.

Boba more reserved style isn't going to have an immediate effect. It's clear he's going with the "speak softly but carry a big stick" philosophy that appears to be coming to a head with the Pikes. It's just unfortunate that we're getting there in the most convoluted way possible. Or at least this is an example of where the weekly release format is hurting this show because it feels like it's taking FOREVER to get to the primary conflict of this season.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like someone like Taika would sell Boba as a doofus a lot better than what Favreau and Rodriguez are currently doing.

da FANS would still be mad tho.
For sure, I think something closer to Thor Ragnarok but with Boba Fett would have been amazing. I think the big issue that most fans are having is that they thought this show would be 7 episodes of Boba Fett blasting goons, like in his appearance in The Mandalorian. They were already setting themselves up for failure with that. lol

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
People are down on Rebels? Who are those people? I love me Rebels.

I dunno if you watched Rebels as it aired or after, but when Rebels was going up until about the end of S2 with Maul, the fandom didn't love it. They didn't like the tonal change from Clone Wars, the more episodic nature of it, lots of complaints. As time has gone on and more and more stuff from Rebels has made its way into other things, people have def come around to it, but yeah. I always liked Rebels cause it truly captured the OT feel better than probably anything since then (and still to this day).

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I dunno if you watched Rebels as it aired or after, but when Rebels was going up until about the end of S2 with Maul, the fandom didn't love it. They didn't like the tonal change from Clone Wars, the more episodic nature of it, lots of complaints. As time has gone on and more and more stuff from Rebels has made its way into other things, people have def come around to it, but yeah. I always liked Rebels cause it truly captured the OT feel better than probably anything since then (and still to this day).

Never forget "Space Aladdin".

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I think the big issue that most fans are having is that they thought this show would be 7 episodes of Boba Fett blasting goons, like in his appearance in The Mandalorian. They were already setting themselves up for failure with that. lol

It's not just the way he's filmed in Mandalorian, but also the post-credit scene of season 2 that sets up this very show. They've done a complete 180 on the tone of the whole thing.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This shit is blatantly false advertising lol. The character is completely different. The Mando version of Boba would have gunned down the mayor and told the lackey "you're the mayor now, I expect tribute next week" or some shit.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Overall I am really liking this show, but I do agree that Rodriguez is giving into some of his worse impulses here of constantly trying to do things as cheaply as possible and it is showing on the screen a bit in the chase sequence. I am actually on board with the silly bikes in primary colors, but at least make it feel fast.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Overall I am really liking this show, but I do agree that Rodriguez is giving into some of his worse impulses here of constantly trying to do things as cheaply as possible and it is showing on the screen a bit in the chase sequence. I am actually on board with the silly bikes in primary colors, but at least make it feel fast.

faster-more-intense-126715.jpg

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just real real disappointed the showdown with Krrsantan was in his fucking underwear, and it wasn't strictly 1v1. It will forever be a missed opportunity, I don't foresee them being at odds when they meet again.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
It's not just the way he's filmed in Mandalorian, but also the post-credit scene of season 2 that sets up this very show. They've done a complete 180 on the tone of the whole thing.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This shit is blatantly false advertising lol. The character is completely different. The Mando version of Boba would have gunned down the mayor and told the lackey "you're the mayor now, I expect tribute next week" or some shit.

Would he have though? He took that guy down because he had prior history with them due to Jabba. I don't think Boba particularly liked working with him, so that more of a matter of him getting even and taking over in his stead. Like there was a reason for that ruthlessness.

I'll give you that he was more aggressive, but I wouldn't say that this is a complete departure from what his character was in the other series. So far, anyway.

Dec 22, 2017
Florida
After watching the episode my take away is that Boba Fett doesn't actually want to be a crime lord. He is seizing power on Tatooine the only way possible because on Tatooine the major power seems to be the Daimyo. Also I think that the biker gang was not responsible for the Tusken massacre, the syndicate simply framed them for it.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I was much less into the fandom work on social media when I was watching Rebels and I think I watched S1 and then stopped and then all the others in pretty rapid succession.

Regardless, I love Rebels cause it was still mostly a new story and new characters.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think the vast majority of people have this image in their heads that Boba is this merciless, "takes no shit" badass. I don't mind his portrayal here, but it definitely isn't what I was expecting. Though I'm sure we'll get plenty of badass Boba the rest of the way.

Will say, though, that Temuera's physical appearance does kind of make his melee fight scenes look awkward and a bit lame. His age and chubby body makes him a bit stiff looking.

He was much more menacing and dangerous looking in Mando when he was using all of his gadgets and blasting fools left and right. Which we'll get some more of no doubt.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
This is Disney's definition of a "crime lord"
Hiring the bikers and getting lock out and ditch.
This must be a comedy "crime lord " show. And those mopeds 😆
At least Natalie from Yellowjackets is in this show.
Yellowjackets-Natalie-Leather-Jacket.jpg
If you show this picture to someone out of context and have them guess what show/IP it is from, I'm willing to bet they would have never guessed it has anything to do with Star Wars.