• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boba is plenty competent in BoB, IMO. It's just that people are looking for him to be some ruthless mega-badass and he's... not doing that. He's extending trust and giving second chances. But I'm pretty much certain that he's still very much capable of flattening people when it suits him.

TV these days kind of synonymizes "ruthless" and "competent", to an extent, but it doesn't have to be that way.

he literally obliberated one dude in the first episode with a missile

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Part thinks they should have just made Cobb Vanth Boba Fett. He could have just taken his persona. Because he is more of an interesting character

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
he literally obliberated one dude in the first episode with a missile
As well as obliterated the biker gang, after beating them down.

I think its safe to say the rougher edges shot wise are perhaps Covid related rushing.

Some of the pacing quirks are still weird. I think having the Krrsantan fight end the episode with the drop into the trap, with the Hutt's abdicating at the start of the next episode might have worked better.

Still having fun.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I swear to God, they'll be able to cram some Skywalker garbage into the high republic show as well. I'm sure of it now because they can't fucking help themselves.
Nah. So far none of the HR material has had Skywalker related stuff shoved into it. Even ominous visions of the future.

If anything it's been the opposite where suddenly in the comics and such they reference or talk about the High Republic quite a lot. Luke has now canonically met and talked with one of the main characters of the era. Every temple includes a "I think this might be high republic era?" Line. Etc.

Now, the thing about the Acolyte show is that it's way closer to the Skywalker era. Only 50 years before the prequels vs 200

Last edited:

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Boba's story is ripe for great storytelling. That they choose to put the focus on the wrong things is an issue with direction and writing.

There's still time to recover, but it's been poorly handled so far.

Oct 27, 2017
"Size matters not." -Yoda
1XJhxdE0UwRIL98feFx-9JcYS_E_htUW6CJa5qBe_HQ.jpg

Boba's story is ripe for great storytelling. That they choose to put the focus on the wrong things is an issue with direction and writing.

There's still time to recover, but it's been poorly handled so far.
What time? There's 1 episode left isn't there?

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I would like something in Star Wars to fully explore the problematic nature of the Jedi ripping children away from their families and trying to turn them into emotionless robots, then being shocked when those kids don't know how to handle emotions later on.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
All the Luke stuff really makes this episode feel like a backdoor pilot for an eventual Jedi Academy series.

Which, hey, I'd be down for.

I'd love this if TLJ didn't exist. The fact TLJ exists means they can't really do anything interesting with that unless they retcon the sequel trilogy.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd love this if TLJ didn't exist. The fact TLJ exists means they can't really do anything interesting with that unless they retcon the sequel trilogy.

the fact that TLJ exists means they can actually do something interesting, instead of just Luke happy school thing

wait it's not even TLJ, its TFA who made luke's academy fucking fail

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
With the amount of build-up to this finale, I really hope Boba Fett goes all out in this last episode. It could somewhat redeem everything leading up to this point, but even then this series has been super inconsistent for me.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
the fact that TLJ exists means they can actually do something interesting, instead of just Luke happy school thing

Bingo.

Luke failing at the school is a good development. Him losing absolutely all of his achievements because it was all part of Palpy's keikaku is not.

The retcons I expect from now on will be that some of Luke's students survived here and there.

Also a full, and boy do I mean full, rework of his relationship with Rey, if they ever want to touch that again.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I would like something in Star Wars to fully explore the problematic nature of the Jedi ripping children away from their families and trying to turn them into emotionless robots, then being shocked when those kids don't know how to handle emotions later on.

I always thought it would be a fun idea to explore the very origins of the Jedi and the Sith and portray the Jedi in a super terrible way in a role reversal. Like the dude who later on founds the Jedi order has been studying the force for 10 years and can lift a rock the size of a car and feels super good about himself but this force sensitive dude he meets, recruits and teaches as they study the force learns super quickly and eclipses him fast and to top it off he starts a relationship with a lady that the other dude was secretly interested in so when he founds the Jedi order he basically declares that personal attatchments and all the cool force powers that the other dude has are actually the way of the Dark Side and inherently evil and must be outlawed and persecuted. From then on it ties into your idea of the Jedi order growing fast and indoctrinating children and the dude behind it basically made it all up to keep himself in power and dunk on the dude who stole his girl.

That being said a Star Wars take on The Master isn't going to sell many toys I guess.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Luke forcing Grogu to choose between a Sword and a shirt while not even offering a training robe or a go during all this training is a real dick move.

That burlap sack onesie isn't practical.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Nah. There is so much you could do with a diverse group of students learning the force from someone who had only just learned about it years prior, and it being his responsibility to teach them which would inevitably lead to him reexamining his own beliefs as students can be the best teachers in that regard.
screen-shot-2020-02-12-at-2.30.52-pm-e1581741645708.png

screen-shot-2020-02-12-at-2.31.38-pm-e1581741622535.png

Luke had a large amount of students given the amount of bodies on the ground when it was destroyed. There's so much you could create with that. Especially since by adulthood they were going off world and flying ships. They made a seven season long animated show out of a four year long war that was absolutely terrible in the movies. Imagine what they could do with 15 years. And a Luke Skywalker that's a borderline blank slate because of how little we've seen post ROTJ Luke. 👏

Last edited:

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible episode. This brought tears to my eyes more than once. Cad Fucking Bane!

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017

wait it's not even TLJ, its TFA who made luke's academy fucking fail

My bad I missremembered, either way the sequels kinda set up Luke to fail which makes me want them to focus on someone else for a Jedi Academy. Kyle Katarn pls.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
ppl always bring up bitter, isolated luke in tlj while leaving out the part where tfa made him an isolated and failed teacher in the first place...
I know. Anyone who brings up Luke having failed at being a teacher as a TLJ thing rather than a TFA thing instantly loses all credibility from me.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Nah. There is so much you could do with a diverse group of students learning the force from someone who had only just learned about it years prior, and it being his responsibility to teach them which would inevitably lead to him reexamining his own beliefs as students can be the best teachers in that regard.
screen-shot-2020-02-12-at-2.30.52-pm-e1581741645708.png

screen-shot-2020-02-12-at-2.31.38-pm-e1581741622535.png

Luke had a large amount of students given the amount of bodies on the ground when it was destroyed. There's so much you could create with that. Especially since by adulthood they were going off world and flying ships. They made a seven season long animated show out of a four year long war that was absolutely terrible in the movies. Imagine what they could do with 15 years. And a Luke Skywalker that's a borderline blank slate because of how little we've seen post ROTJ Luke. 👏
yep, this is the show I'd want. I originally assumed we'd get it in animation but with them going all in on CG Luke, live-action seems more likely now.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
The Book of Boba Fett: Everyone is Clint Eastwood!

(Has this been said already? Haven't caught up on thread.)

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly it looks like the new canon is making Luke drink the Jedi cool-aid.

It's hard to know if this show realizes that the 'no attachments' rule is supposed to be bad

TLJ has Luke harshly criticizing the Jedi as they were back in the day, after he had failed to restart the Order as it was.

So yes, he is down for the traditions (so he can fail and realize they weren't quite right) later on.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Twitter adjusted Cad Bane, but not sure how much you can pull off with prosthetics alone. Duros' mouths are too low for normal humans:

FKr2LMRXEAY6Eu_

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
TLJ has Luke harshly criticizing the Jedi as they were back in the day, after he had failed to restart the Order as it was.

So yes, he is down for the traditions (so he can fail and realize they weren't quite right) later on.

Also, to piggyback on this, he was trained by Obi-Wan and Yoda, two of the greatest Jedi we've ever seen and ones that followed the code (more or less). It is not even remotely a stretch to think that Luke, training his first student would go with what he knows, which almost certainly comes from them.

Dec 16, 2017
I didn't like last weeks episode because I thought it was all exposition for a payoff we'd have to wait a year for. Getting that payoff this week was awesome.
It's steal weird to have the title character disappear to focus on the storyline of a different character from a different show, but I'm not going to be upset that they stealth dropped the best Mandolorian episode out of nowhere.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
I want episode 6 to open up with Max Rebo heading to the blown-up cantina complaining that he had a gig tonight ALA Robot Chicken.