• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
They look like nerds, unlike me, the person posting on an Internet forum.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I picked Black Eagles mainly because all the marketing for this game essentially boiled down to "Pick Black Eagles". They're a pretty good set of characters. Edelgard has a really nice and refreshing design but I honestly been finding her a little boring. Her personality is very one-note but do see some slight signs of depth in some of her dialogue so hopefully she gets more interesting as the game goes on.

Claude definitely wins in personality and charm of the three main lords.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_oebsqen4q81vymbt8o8_400.gif

grand

Oct 25, 2017
No, not Petra. Dorothea is the highest deployed according to the stats, so there you go. Even people who didn't choose Black Eagles rushed to get her.
Dorothea is recruited with charisma and authority, which makes her one of the easiest characters to lure away. You have to reject her to avoid recruiting her at some point

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Black Eagles aren't amazing but Golden Deer is automatically the worst because they have that twerp with the glasses

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I love Edelgard's character design but of the characters I thought the Black Eagles ones seemed the least interesting in the opening. Is this mostly just because they're the first choice, or because of some spoilery things that happen later that people looked up?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I went with the Black Eagles first.

I didn't expect Edelgard to be bat-shit insane.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure opinions will settle once the honeymoon period has worn off, but of course the Internet's favorite house is the one led by the anime girl.

I mean in a game that allows you to form relationships with characters, of course people are going to go with whoever they find most attractive. It would be a different story if it didn't allow you that option.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Maan, Edelgard is the worst lord of the three houses. Doesn't take much to realize she's cray cray, and it only takes a second playtrough on any other route to realize that she is soo wrong with her approach; unga bunga can only work for so long.

Heck, the crest problem gets solved in other routes but without the grand level of bloodshed caused in the BE route.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Not having the worst lord of the three houses. Doesn't take much to realize she's cray cray, and it only takes a second playtrough on any other route to realize that she is soo wrong with her approach; unga bunga can only work for so long.

Heck, a character that you can recruit on any route basically solves the crest problems in the end if he survives it all, making her tirade meaningless.
I mean, in terms of gameplay, bonuses or something? I don't have the game yet

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
the house that has hubert, bernadetta, lindhart, petra and edelgarde is winning?
you dont say

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Make a pick, quarrelling kingdom, bunch of ragtag nobles in a shady alliance or...

MAGNIFICENT ANCIENT EMPIRE OF GLORY!

Easy pick.

Also: Caspar and Petra and Hubert are legit good characters. I've even grown to like Ferdinand.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Imagine reducing a character as complex as Edelgard to "waifu" just because she's a woman. Smh.

Anyway I went BE because I found it very refreshing to see that the female lord was being put in the spotlight for once. Also because her being from the Empire seemed like it could be interesting. I didn't expect Claude and Dimitri to have very unique stories compared to other FE lords until we started learning more about the game, whereas with Edelgard I was sure they were aiming for that, and she's definitely not like other lords.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Blue lions da best, Black Eagles is for weebs, and Golden Deer is for people that want to bang Claude which admittedly I can't not respect.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
The heat has obviously gotten to people so they aren't thinking straight. It's more sad than anything.

bahorel

Oct 25, 2017
To the people who are saying Golden Deer, how the heck do you put up with this awful person

Lorentz_Portrait.png

looking at him is such a chore and he's not even in my class

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
To the people who are saying Golden Deer, how the heck do you put up with this awful person

Your image isn't loading, which make sense because everyone in Golden Deer is beautiful in their own way.

I can only assume you mean Lorenz though.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
In my defense for picking Black Eagles: I've heard from some sources that their story path is the most deep and interesting, narrative wise. I actually liked Blue Lions cast better.

Golden Deer cast is just... eww.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What.

It's more pathetic that people get pressed over who is played most. It doesn't effect how you choose to play the game in any way.

As soon as I saw this thread, I knew comments like that would pop up. It's a really weird generalization.

LasNochesGin

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
Is Golden Deer the most difficult house? I was interested in picking them, but if it's gonna be a uphill climb then I might choose one of the other two.

Lorentz_Portrait.png

Lorenz grows to be one of the best students I had.
His redemption arc is fantastic, and in the and he is the second best choice to rule Fodlan

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
I'm curious to see how this will change. Because right now, this means that they're the most popular first choice.

Also, I fully expect these stats to influence Heroes to some degree. Get ready for Emperor Edelgard, fun in the sun Edelgard, furry Edelgard and, of course, Edelgard but with a spear instead.
How many will play more than one route though? It's a super long game.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Lorenz is creepy as hell but dammit you put that boy on a horse and he'll carry you to the W for free.

The story and female characters man him the fuck up with the quickness.

And all these people don't appreciate the elegance of Hilda the mass murderer. Literally hand her an axe and before you know it you'll be saying Hilda! Hilda! After her 10th crit