Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Highly approve of the choice. Hopefully this means the casting flood gates are about to open on this film.

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god

4chan conspiracy guys are going to lose it when they realize another red head bite the dust. LMAO
#NotMyCommissioner

The free speech warriors are preparing their outrage as we speak.

Shut em down with the fact we already had Latinx Gordons (voiced by Héctor Elizondo and Rosario Dawson) in LEGO Batman

LEGO-70908-The-Scuttler-Commissioner-Gordon-and-Barbara-Gordon-Minifigures.jpg

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah.

Continuity of DCEU tho is super fucked now, but as long as we get quality movies I'm in.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what the DCEU continuity is with Batman but that's a sick hire. Jeffrey Wright has such a powerful voice too.

Can't believe they wasted such a great casting again with JK Simmons.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
the title of the movie really makes me want a joker that looks like this

2790096-joker22.jpg

this dude was like half-animal in the show

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Awesome actor. Should be good assuming they actually give Gordon anything to do.

But does this mean this isn't connected to the DCEU? Or are they literally scrapping everything associated with Snyder's version of Batman? Because I really liked Irons as Alfred.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I thought that it has been clear this was unrelated to the "DCEU" for a while now. I guess they really haven't said anything concrete officially. But, there really just isn't a DCEU any more, so this is a full on reboot.
Nothing has been clear at all, and as far as we've been told, this is essentially a prequel to the DCEU.

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome choice, hope they do it.

Sad JK Simmons didn't get a fair shake though.

I think Stephen Lang would've been an awesome Gordon for the Superheavy arc.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You sure about that?

A shared DC universe is deader than The Dark Universe. I mean, Wonder Woman and Aquaman will obviously live on, but I just think everything will live in its own universe for now. Some years from now maybe they'll decide to start crossing streams again, but it will be weird as I guarantee they just pretend like the previous shit didn't happen. That or the Joker does some really fucked up shit to Gordon over the years.

Nothing has been clear at all, and as far as we've been told, this is essentially a prequel to the DCEU.

After how BvS and Justice League turned out, I can't imagine wanting to anchor your most popular character to those movies. They need to wipe the slate clean after that shit.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Remember that one time when Commissioner Gordon went under cover at a jail and tried to get a guy to steal Bruce Waynes shoes? But then Bruce went all Batman on the guy and hit him in the balls!

Iscariot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phenomenal actor!

I will never forget his performance in The Manchurian Candidate. God it was haunting. This dude takes so much pride in his craft.

Me and a buddy constantly talk about his role in that. So goddamn good, and then you think not so many years before he played the villain (or one of rather) in the Shaft remake.

jeffrey-wright-1-sized.jpg

The guy has range for sure.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Seems pretty obvious to me this will be its own thing; why manacle yourself to the shitshow of BvS/Justice League when you can draw a line under it? They've already said DCEU is gonna focus on solo movies moving forward so it works.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Great choice.

Also I am sure some Youtubers who totally dont identify as alt right will find something to complain about this.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so confused. So Justice League and BvS didn't happen?

Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Suicide Squad are just retconned into this universe?

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Jonah Hill joins cast too. But ios13 being the buggy piece of shit it is, won't allow me to copy/paste the link.
It's on Variety.

Sep 28, 2018
All this hemming and hawing over continuity when we have no idea when these characters will intersect again.

You won't see Gordon in a Justice League movie for at least 5 years, if ever again.

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA
I think Wright would be a good Gordon, he was great in Westworld. He projects this sense of world-weary authority which I think fits well with Gordon's character.