• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The Avatar: The Last Airbender franchise is set to get even bigger.

Nickelodeon is launching Avatar Studios, a division designed to create original content spanning animated series and movies based on the franchise's world.

The original creators and executive producers Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko will run the studio as co-chief creative officers, reporting to Ramsey Naito, President, Nickelodeon Animation.

Avatar Studios will produce content for platforms including Paramount+ and Nickelodeon as well as third-party platforms and theatrical releases.

The first project is an animated theatrical film that is set to start production later this year

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
After the resurgence in popularity after being added to Netflix, not surprising but incredibly welcome.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
YES!!!

Is there a stream of a Paramount conference somewhere? I see a lot of Paramount plus news.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
That world has almost limitless potential for expansions and side stories and one shot stuff. This is great news!

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
That's fucking awesome. Love that's run by the creators themselves. When they left the Netflix show it took all the confidence out of me for that to ever be good.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly surprised to see the original creators back after how much Nickelodeon screwed them over repeatedly during the run of Korra.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This makes me happy. ATLA was a huge part of my childhood and I would love more quality content from them. Not that interested in the live action stuff from Netflix.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An animated movie with adult Aang would be awesome. I also think maybe they could set a new series before the Fire Nation attacked?

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I've long given up hope for the franchise or anything associated with it, so I'm just excited to see how it'll all go pear shaped.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought this would happen after Korra got fucked by Nickelodeon. Kind of worried this is a soulless cash grab but we'll see.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
i thought this was about the fox franchise and i'm glad nickelodeon is reclaiming their rightful name.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait and see some footage or hear some more concrete details before I'm getting excited over this.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this turns out well.

Sure, but please get head writer Aaron Ehasz back. Korra's writing outside of S3 was so poor compared to TLA.
www.resetera.com

Allegations of toxic workplace environment towards women at Wonderstorm (The Dragon Prince) come out

Late last week someone on Twitter commented about the fact that several women that have worked on Wonderstorm have quit due to emotional/mental issues: Which led to this reply by former community manager Danika Harrod (you should read it, it's quite detailed): It is extremely disappointing...

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
Is it possible to just forget korra show? I actually like korra the character but the stuff they added to the series post season 1(a ridiculous amount of deus ex machina).. Kinda killed a lot of avatar for me.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
I find it funny that the shows' success on Netflix has reinvigorated Nick/Paramount's interest in the franchise. Let's not forget how they acted for most of season 3 and all of season 4 of Korra when it originally aired.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
So it's true all along!!!
Paramount is gonna kick start the Avatar expanded universe!!!