• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
every fuckin body better be getting their due at the Emmys this year. it's well well overdue. they probably won't give both leads the lead award so Keri is probably most likely for this season.

and then it'll be amazing that the woman who was on Felicity ends up with an Emmy over 2 decades later.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
every fuckin body better be getting their due at the Emmys this year. it's well well overdue. they probably won't give both leads the lead award so Keri is probably most likely for this season.

and then it'll be amazing that the woman who was on Felicity ends up with an Emmy over 2 decades later.

I will be FURIOUS if neither of them win something

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017

It actually hurts my soul that Rhys gets nominated and doesn't easily win.

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017

For real. Show deserves the recognition but will, unfortunately, probably end up like The Wire in terms of awards. Certainly both Russell and Rhys deserve some statues.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
^^^^^^^^^^
tumblr_opjfckd9dp1s2tcauo1_500.png

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We should do a poll on whether or not Renee is revealed to be a spy

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if that 21 year old kid is very unlucky or very lucky.

Oct 25, 2017
Watching that painter lady suffer and whittle away is one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever watched in a show. Too damn real. They need more scenes of Phillip line dancing to balance this shit out.

azeke

Oct 30, 2017
Astana, Kazakhstan
The ending of this episode made me go "YES!" multiple times. Both Jennings'es are on the same (right) side! Finally, Elizabeth finally sees through Claudia's bullshit!

Strangling painter with a brush of all things and then burning her painting... It was like those buddhist sand sculptures that monks spend months making and then just sweep away.

And Stavos just signed his death warrant.

Also russian movie Phil was watching. It was "Garage" by Eldar Ryazanov -- satirical movie depicting bureaucratic hell of getting a garage for regular soviet citizen (also kinda the critique of entire planned economy system). It's very funny and sad at the same time. Around that time soviet cinema has been making a lot of these kind of "tragicomical" movies: Office Romance, Autumn Marathon, Kin-Dza-Dza, Gentlemen of Fortune -- all great, thoughtful movies.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That episode was so intense.

Do you guys think they'll be able to resolve everything in just two episodes?

I would say so. Stuff like having Stan having more time to react to the truth would've been nice, but ultimately that's just a bonus. I'm fine with them taking their time with him.

I guess the only thing is Renee. If nothing happens with her, then she was just kind of there, a long-running red herring. If she is a spy, then that's exciting, but at the same time it may feel somewhat cheap to finally reveal that with 1-2 episodes left to go.

Oct 25, 2017
Another excellent episode. Can't believe that Phillip went Full American and told the guy he fired how hard it is to fire people and that Stavos should pity him for having to do it.

M-M

Oct 27, 2017
Yo I just got around to watching the newest and whew, a lot of good scenes:

+"You don't think I'm a human being!?"
+The fucking look on Stan's face after "She smoked like a chimney."
+Elizabeth snuffing out the life of that painter and all the shit about having to fit the painting into her car only to burn it later.

As far as the final two episodes, I just hope the series ends with Renee staying a mystery.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I feel like letting that kid go is going to be her undoing.

As far as the final two episodes, I just hope the series ends with Renee staying a mystery.

Even if she does remain a mystery, we all know she's a long game agent, and getting the FBI job will be her "in". I'm wondering if the final episode will be a jump forward.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
i always wondered how they conducted business in the back without any of the employees knowing. I thought maybe the employees were all russian hired too lol

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought the employees suspected very much, but I work at a place where the bosses lie and keep secrets about EVERYTHING, so I guess that says more about my workplace than theirs.

Edit: That WaPo article is an interesting read.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Slate Podcast: Is Elizabeth Jennings Going Soft?
First, she talks with showrunners Joe Weisberg and Joel Fields about Philip's truth-telling, an unusual act of kindness on Elizabeth's part, and why the characters on The Americans watch television. Then we hear from Alyssa Monks, the artist who created Erica Haskard's paintings, about how she felt when she learned that Elizabeth was going to burn a piece of art that holds special significance for her. Finally, The Americans' design team—production designer Dan Davis, set decorator Mila Khalevich, and art director Tim Goodmanson—talk about the challenges Season 6 presented.

Brian Grubb for Uproxx: 'The Americans' Anxiety Report: Shout Out To Roy Rogers Restaurants
Part of me hopes the show ends with Stan arresting Philip and then Renee shooting them both and pulling off her mask and revealing that she's been Nina the whole time.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
This season has been too damn good

Truth. I'm tired of this show getting ignored

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
NY Mag review

NY Times review
The priest being looked at most closely by the F.B.I. was a Father Viktor who had risen too quickly within the church hierarchy. I don't think we've seen him before, but Father Andrei referred to him last season, telling Philip about a Father Viktor who drank too much and had a problematic relationship with a Frenchman. Is there time left for this to turn into something?

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
Now I'm thinking that Renee is going to shoot Stan when he's about to collar Elizabeth. Which would totally suck. Knowing that we only have a couple of episodes left, I'm on edge on to who is going to die and when it's going to happen. You know someone is going to die. Probably multiple folks.

Grifter

Oct 26, 2017
I kept thinking during the Roy Rogers scene that the guy needed to hook up 3 pieces and a biscuit.

Liz killed only one innocent this week, and it was out of mercy!
I've been laughing about this pic since it was posted after the promo for ep 4, and the latest promo had me chuckling because it clearly needed this.

Last edited:

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
with renee, the show has obviously hinted hat she could be a sleeper agent, what with phillip calling her out on it to elizabeth. But there's been plenty of times where the show has telegraphed somethingand then not done what would seem to be the obvious thing to do, so maybe she's actually not. but perhaps they know we know this and they'll subvert that for a change. In summary: fuck knows, my guess is they'll actually never give an answer on her one way or the other though

Oct 25, 2017
with renee, the show has obviously hinted hat she could be a sleeper agent, what with phillip calling her out on it to elizabeth. But there's been plenty of times where the show has telegraphed somethingand then not done what would seem to be the obvious thing to do, so maybe she's actually not. but perhaps they know we know this and they'll subvert that for a change. In summary: fuck knows, my guess is they'll actually never give an answer on her one way or the other though
The strongest evidence of her being a sleeper agent is that she's been forced into scenes this season to remind you that she still exists. I don't know if they'd bring Laurie Holden back just to unpack groceries in a scene or two.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Elizabeth is the most militant of communists. Interesting that her robot-self is almost learning to feel.

p.s. I'm not bothering to watch the preview after the bait and switch they pulled a couple of episodes ago.

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
The strongest evidence of her being a sleeper agent is that she's been forced into scenes this season to remind you that she still exists. I don't know if they'd bring Laurie Holden back just to unpack groceries in a scene or two.

I think the point is more to have the viewer identify with Stan's position regarding the Jenkinses. We've always been suspicious of her but have no solid evidence that she's not who she seems.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Why was Phillip getting an expensive suit when his business is in the shitter?

I hope we get a Renee reveal and as someone mentioned - I hope its not as blatant and her shooting Stan when/if he tries to arrest Elizabeth/Phillip. The showrunners have been very creative and that would come across as lazy…. Have her sabatoge his investigation or somehow extract them from the US.

turtle553

Oct 25, 2017

I hope we get a Renee reveal and as someone mentioned - I hope its not as blatant and her shooting Stan when/if he tries to arrest Elizabeth/Phillip. The showrunners have been very creative and that would come across as lazy…. Have her sabatoge his investigation or somehow extract them from the US.

Could be that once she starts working at the FBI that he can tell her more about his suspicions and she does something to help.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Guys, how amazing is the acting in the show? Seriously, Elizabeth, Philip and Stan all deserve multiple awards by now. If they don't all get nominations and wins this time around I'll riot.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Elizabeth being angry at Phillip towards the end of the episode made no sense on her part. She's been effectively proven wrong and all Phillip did was what Elizabeth would have done had the situation been reversed.

Great episode but I really hope they don't try to redeem Elizabeth in these two final episodes.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Them getting away with all of their vile shit without consequences would be a terrible way to end this show.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Them getting away with all of their vile shit without consequences would be a terrible way to end this show.

Yeah - this is one show I don't want anything that resembles a happy ending. At the very least Elizabeth needs to be caught/killed - I can live with Phillip doing something like flipping to the CIA. And better not off Stan...or the mail robot....