• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
We can argue here if $70 is a fair price or not, but at the end of the day gaming has become so expensive anyways that most key seller shops have become the norm for most people.
I just dont know anyone who buys games at full price, unless the game is from Nintendo itself, when steam, epic and other pc stores offer such good prices for games.
In this time and age buying full price games is more than the norm but an option. MHW one of the best selling games of the gen, probably sold most of the copies at a reduced price, and yet Capcom was happy with those numbers.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
No it's an accurate response just because you are making bad points doesn't make the point if you think it's to expensive don't buy it or if you can't afford it than don't buy it both are absolutely accurate. if you and others think that the prices are to high than wait till they drop. It's an easy choice. Your being disagreed with because you are pretending that it's not an option and a fair option at that.

Don't buy it does nothing if the intent is to avoid it being the standard for new games.

I have yet to understand why so many consumers not only are okay with higher prices but are arguing on behalf of corporations who are making insane profits. What exactly do you get out of it? I suppose you're all shareholders of Activision and Sony stock?

Aug 12, 2019
No it's an accurate response just because you are making bad points doesn't make the point if you think it's to expensive don't buy it or if you can't afford it than don't buy it both are absolutely accurate. if you and others think that the prices are to high than wait till they drop. It's an easy choice. Your being disagreed with because you are pretending that it's not an option and a fair option at that.

I never denied it was the option, but holy shit, way to just remove all the actual context and fuckery of the gaming industry as a whole and utterly disregard why people have issues with the price increase in the first place and why the increase is not rooted in necessity but capitalism's ever mind-numbing march towards boring dystopia and consolidation of wealth where the working class is deprived of even minor enjoyments and entertainments in life.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
Funny thing about the Big Short is the situation is just as bad now and people don't care. Nor did they really care that no one was prosecuted because white collar crime isn't crime to many folks.

And no, you're wrong. If the intent is to make sure 70 isn't the standard price going forward, being passive does nothing.

2008 was a shit show. We are not there now. There was no "I don't care" option.

Delaying a purchase until an inevitable price drop is not a passive approach. Ranting online while continuing to buy full price games at launch is the definition of ineffective.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
2008 was a shit show. We are not there now. There was no "I don't care" option.

Delaying a purchase until an inevitable price drop is not a passive approach. Ranting online while continuing to buy full price games at launch is the definition of ineffective.

You should probably take a look at subprime mortgages again if this is your take.

If the point is to make sure game prices do not move towards 70 for AAA one person not buying it does nothing. I'm not sure how else to say this since I've said it about five hundred times in this thread. It's a passive approach. As opposed to ranting and raving in a YouTube video that will be seen by hundreds of thousands of people which is far more effective.

I've said what I need to say, I'm just surprised that so many defend this as it's money out of your own pocket. Even on a selfish level, the amount of neoliberal myopia on this forum never ceases to amaze.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
I saw an ad for doom Eternal going as low as $40 (can't remember if it was USD or CAD) as early as late April this year. If a $70 launch doesn't work for you, the price of games drops incredibly fast these days. TLOU2 was already $30.

I hate capitalism as much as the next labourer, but the fact of the matter is games will continue to be price slashed in no time after launch.

There's no defense of $70, but there's also no need to defend $70 in the first place. It is what it is, the price will come down as always.

Jim Ryan may want you to buy Demon's Souls at $70, but you have a heart of gold. Don't let him take it from you.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
We can argue here if $70 is a fair price or not, but at the end of the day gaming has become so expensive anyways that most key seller shops have become the norm for most people.
I just don't know anyone who buys games at full price, unless the game is from Nintendo itself, when steam, epic and other pc stores offer such good prices for games.
In this time and age buying full price games is more than the norm but an option. MHW one of the best selling games of the gen, probably sold most of the copies at a reduced price, and yet Capcom was happy with those numbers.
I totally agree that buying full price is an option, but it is the reason I don't agree with saying gaming has become so expensive.

Gaming has never been as mainstream as it is now and the resale value on all things gaming is huge.

I personally buy full price games day 1 when the game is worth it,. When it is not and I want to play it, I can still pay full price, beat it and sell it for about 90% or the original cost.

I guess i disagree in general with gaming being so expensive, or with issue with the $70 price tag because I feel it is so easy to get around these things.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
It's interesting that Jim is covering this but not also touching on one of the other extremely annoying things about this generational transition, the existence of cross-generation games. At the moment, excluding shit like Madden, NBA 2k, and Call of Duty (because EA, Take-Two, and Activision gonna EA, Take-Two, and Activision), or next-gen exclusives like Demon's Souls, pretty much everything that has been released has been cross-platform, able to be played on the previous gen console while also compatible with next-gen when folks are ready to upgrade.

And yet, this is STILL making people upset, including many on this forum, because games now have to be made to accommodate for last-gen hardware and can't make use of the instantaneous load-times and ray-tracing that SSDs are going to allow. This despite the fact that in a global pandemic and economic depression which has led to millions out of work at best and dead at worst, forget the $70 entry fee to play games, that's nothing compared to the $500 entry fee that has to be paid first that apparently everyone is fine with everyone having to pay to get the privilege of playing new games.

May 9, 2018
If the point is to make sure game prices do not move towards 70 for AAA one person not buying it does nothing. I'm not sure how else to say this since I've said it about five hundred times in this thread. It's a passive approach. As opposed to ranting and raving in a YouTube video that will be seen by hundreds of thousands of people which is far more effective.
In a free market (i.e. no constraints on supply or demand), an increase in price will always result in fewer goods sold, so there's your thousands and thousands of people not buying it. I don't think the average consumer needs a YouTube video to tell them that $70 is a bigger number than $60, and that increase may affect their spending/budgeting habits.

Market research from the company accounts for this, and that the increase in price will offset the decreased sales in the long time. If the research is wrong, they will fix it.

I've said what I need to say, I'm just surprised that so many defend this as it's money out of your own pocket. Even on a selfish level, the amount of neoliberal myopia on this forum never ceases to amaze.
I personally don't like the $10 increase (I can afford $60/$70 games on my entertainment budget) and I typically only buy games on sale nowadays, but it's the seller's right to set whatever price they want on a luxury good as long as it's transparent. It's not "indefensible."

Last edited:

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
I totally agree that buying full price is an option, but it is the reason I don't agree with saying gaming has become so expensive.

Gaming has never been as mainstream as it is now and the resale value on all things gaming is huge.

I personally buy full price games day 1 when the game is worth it,. When it is not and I want to play it, I can still pay full price, beat it and sell it for about 90% or the original cost.

I guess i disagree in general with gaming being so expensive, or with issue with the $70 price tag because I feel it is so easy to get around these things.

I forgot to add context. I live in Costa Rica, but games were always between $70 ~100, game consoles are twice or more the prices in the USA.
I wish I could buy a PS5 for $499... Or buy a 3080 for the MSRP... Gaming is expensive everywhere, and if you live outside the main markets (Usa, EU, Japan) is even more expensive.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I saw an ad for doom Eternal going as low as $40 (can't remember if it was USD or CAD) as early as late April this year. If a $70 launch doesn't work for you, the price of games drops incredibly fast these days. TLOU2 was already $30.

I hate capitalism as much as the next labourer, but the fact of the matter is games will continue to be price slashed in no time after launch.

There's no defense of $70, but there's also no need to defend $70 in the first place. It is what it is, the price will come down as always.

Jim Ryan may want you to buy Demon's Souls at $70, but you have a heart of gold. Don't let him take it from you.
Doom Eternal is already on Game Pass Xbox and is on Game Pass PC from this Thursday. I double dipped a while ago on the previous Doom for less than the price of a Starbucks.

A lot of people (not saying you, just in general) think game prices should never go up for any reason ever, even though the same people tolerate rising prices from Netflix, Disney and countless other companies because it's normal but video games should be exempt from economics somehow. About 10-14 years ago publishers were struggling badly. Many went bankrupt. EA lost over two billion dollars. Was anyone cool with raising prices more back then? Hell no. They'd just say, "Learn to budget better."

Oct 28, 2017
Locally all I see is that wages can't even catch up to inflation nowadays. With regional pricing pretty much gone a physical pc game on day1, bought in an actual store the prices potentially tripled in the past 10 years. ( ~10000 HUF vs. ~30000HUF if 70$ = 85 Euros will be a thing now).
So obviously my yearly 1.5 fully priced game purchase will be even less going forward.

Last edited:

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i think 70$ is mostly fine (or atleast it would be much more fine w/o smelly GaaS and microtransactions)(and i just bought 13 Sentinels for 60 and would have little issue paying 70), but i think its pretty silly for people to be jumping over each other to try and justify the price increase

paranoodle

Nov 18, 2019
switzerland
to add to some of the regional pricing bullshit, here the digital copy of Demon's Souls is 85 CHF, which corresponds to roughly 95 USD (and switzerland only has a 7.7% VAT, so even if you take that out you're still left with almost 90 USD), so if anyone was still under the impression that these price points are anything but arbitrary, you're welcome to come shop here instead

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
to add to some of the regional pricing bullshit, here the digital copy of Demon's Souls is 85 CHF, which corresponds to roughly 95 USD (and switzerland only has a 7.7% VAT, so even if you take that out you're still left with almost 90 USD), so if anyone was still under the impression that these price points are anything but arbitrary, you're welcome to come shop here instead
You should be proud to pay those prices. Humbly, I believe we should all be paying close to $100. For the art, of course.

Jeffolation

Shinra Employee
Oct 30, 2017
Demon's Souls was $90 dollars before taxes, $103 taxes in here. How any corporate suckhole can defend that is beyond my comprehension.

NoPiece

Oct 28, 2017
Demon's Souls was $90 dollars before taxes, $103 taxes in here. How any corporate suckhole can defend that is beyond my comprehension.

Go watch the credits of the original game, then the remake. There were at least 5x (maybe 10x) the number of people working on the remake, those salaries cost money. It is not like the game is a microtransaction based game either, so sales are basically all that the game is going to make.

Nkcell

Jun 24, 2020
Clearly, you think that if we are apathetic and otherwise nonplussed about a $10 price increase on video games (which are indeed recreational, non-essential goods) than we're evil capitalists who worship all corporations. So no, I won't bother trying.

You decided to take the effort to explain yourself, which is a good thing, and then for some strange reason claimed you would actually not bother to do the thing you just did.

Being nonplussed about the price increase is exactly the problem. It's viewing the situation as a matter of personal finances, when it's more important to think about it as a societal issue.

The companies were already making enormous profits off these AAA games. Why do we suddenly need to increase the price 10 dollars? Has there been some sort of cost increase in the capital or labor that has significantly diminished the companies profits? Are the extra 10 dollars being used to increase the salary of the laborers? Will it be used to make their lives better? Will it end crunch time? Or did the companies just see the opportunity to use the hardware change as a moment in time where it would be socially acceptable to jack up the cost to make more profits? What's more important on a societal level--- increasing the availability of a recreational resource or letting a company make more profit. Note, we are not talking about just making a profit period, we are simply discussing making more profit.

They have made it harder for people to entertain themselves to simply line their own pockets even more for the simple reason that they can. They are allowed to do this because they shape society's views on what is an acceptable standard of living. They have created a false dichotomy about essential and non-essential goods. They have convinced people that they should be the arbiters of who deserves recreational products and who do not.

Is recreation essential to humans? Do you think people who live in poverty do not deserve recreation? Do you think that because they cannot afford it then they don't deserve to dictate what type of recreation they should consume? Maybe we shouldn't let the market answer basic questions of morality and quality of life.

Am I the only one who thinks the world is objectively better with a higher quality of life than in 2020 than in all of human history?

Capitalism has deep flaws and needs structural reforms, but it's not like we haven't tried centrally planned economies that determine the prices of labor and goods.

They failed. AND they stifled creativity.

Should games be $70? Beside the point. Better question is who should get to decide, and we don't have any answer better than "the market."

The world is always getting better because of improving technology. That does not mean, as you correctly pointed out, that we should stop regulating corporations. The two things actually have nothing to do with each other. The price of other goods in our current society are decided by factors other than the market-- things like produce, fossil fuels, and medical education-- via means of subsidies, price setting, etc...

If you told game manufacturers they were not allowed to raise the price to 70 dollars, the games industry would not collapse. The big publishers wouldn't pack up their bags and go elsewhere. They would continue to produce and just... *gasp*, make less of a profit.

sun-drop

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
wellington , new zealand
what percentage of games does anyone buy at launch prices though? i buy madden nd fifa new, huge tent pole games like god of war, GTA, last of us ..that is about it ... the rest typically after a sale, of which there are a ton.

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
Go watch the credits of the original game, then the remake. There were at least 5x (maybe 10x) the number of people working on the remake, those salaries cost money. It is not like the game is a microtransaction based game either, so sales are basically all that the game is going to make.
We're 16 pages into the topic. You can't possibly be dragging out the "games are expensive to make" dead horse out for another beating, right?

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Jim's narration / video format gives me a damn headache to listen to and I couldn't make it through the video yesterday, but I returned today and am glad I did. He has a good point. Yes, objectively the price hike makes sense based on inflation and increasing scope/budget. But, the reality of the industry is that it mistreats the developers and abuses systems (eg. taxes) in ways that shouldn't be rewarded with a price hike. More money to the publisher doesn't equal better treatment of the developers.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You decided to take the effort to explain yourself, which is a good thing, and then for some strange reason claimed you would actually not bother to do the thing you just did.

Being nonplussed about the price increase is exactly the problem. It's viewing the situation as a matter of personal finances, when it's more important to think about it as a societal issue.

The companies were already making enormous profits off these AAA games. Why do we suddenly need to increase the price 10 dollars? Has there been some sort of cost increase in the capital or labor that has significantly diminished the companies profits? Are the extra 10 dollars being used to increase the salary of the laborers? Will it be used to make their lives better? Will it end crunch time? Or did the companies just see the opportunity to use the hardware change as a moment in time where it would be socially acceptable to jack up the cost to make more profits? What's more important on a societal level--- increasing the availability of a recreational resource or letting a company make more profit. Note, we are not talking about just making a profit period, we are simply discussing making more profit.

They have made it harder for people to entertain themselves to simply line their own pockets even more for the simple reason that they can. They are allowed to do this because they shape society's views on what is an acceptable standard of living. They have created a false dichotomy about essential and non-essential goods. They have convinced people that they should be the arbiters of who deserves recreational products and who do not.

Is recreation essential to humans? Do you think people who live in poverty do not deserve recreation? Do you think that because they cannot afford it then they don't deserve to dictate what type of recreation they should consume? Maybe we shouldn't let the market answer basic questions of morality and quality of life.

The world is always getting better because of improving technology. That does not mean, as you correctly pointed out, that we should stop regulating corporations. The two things actually have nothing to do with each other. The price of other goods in our current society are decided by factors other than the market-- things like produce, fossil fuels, and medical education-- via means of subsidies, price setting, etc...

If you told game manufacturers they were not allowed to raise the price to 70 dollars, the games industry would not collapse. The big publishers wouldn't pack up their bags and go elsewhere. They would continue to produce and just... *gasp*, make less of a profit.
Again, what should a video game cost, and what should a video game be allowed to cost.

NoPiece

Oct 28, 2017
We're 16 pages into the topic. You can't possibly be dragging out the "games are expensive to make" dead horse out for another beating, right?

Ask THQ and Midway and Acclaim if cost of production matters. Seems off the $60 would be "just right" and has been fine fore over a decade, but $70 is profiteering.

Zarshack

May 15, 2018
Australia
He's not wrong, stuff that used to be part of the base game are now gutted out and charged separately as DLC which has inflated the price of games subtlety.

OmniStrife

Dec 11, 2017
The biggest issue imo is people not being patient enough and going all FOMO on all the newest titles and preorders and day 1 purchases while having huuuuuuge backlogs of great games that they either own or are available for cheap prices.

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
No, for capitalism.
We should all be totally paying 100 bucks. 70 is a rookie number *insert gif of Matthew McConaughey beating his chest*
Fuck that, I'm paying $200 a game. I'm not going to be outdone by any weaklings bringing $100 to the table. I'm the king of consumers!

Deleted member 59261

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 16, 2019
The only two games I've bought for full price the last four years have been The Last of Us Part II and RDR 2. It's entertainment and a luxury. People dont have to buy games for 70 dollars at release and besides, almost all games get a lower price tag within a year or so. Might as well wait. It's the same when going to the movies, the price for going to the cinema is almost 15 dollars where I live. Unless I'm extremely hyped for the movie I'd rather wait until it is on Netflix or rentable.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you price control a product that's A) not essential and B) that drops in price eventually (even though it might take longer for Nintendo products)? To relieve poor people of FOMO? I'm unironically asking what the purpose of this is. I could ask you further questions that I'd be very interested to hear the answer to (where do you draw the line as to which products should receive price control, and why? How should a fair price be determined? Under which circumstances would you accept price increases?) , but so far every time I dug a bit deeper people just peaced out. It's also rather boring having to defend the obviously imperfect capitalist reality against best case scenarios of heavily regulated or centrally planned economies. "Just put a cap on the price, the millionaires don't need more money, and poor people could afford all the games on day 1!!". It's like, I don't even know where to start. Some of you guys are not as creative as you think you are with your shallow economic solutions.

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
Bobby Kotick got 30 million this year instead of 32 million. We should all be ashamed and buy more games.
If we all pitch in and spend a little bit more, Bobby Kotick can receive 35 million. The key here - the one thing to remember as a universal truth - is that he will take half of that extra 5 million and trickle it down to the developers, thus rewarding them with our dollars we have provided.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
$70 games aren't going lead to higher dev wages, so why bother raising it in these times of record profits and microtransactions. The industry exploits passion in exchange for lower pay and always will. All this is doing is lining the pockets of board members and stakeholders more and more.

Oct 25, 2017
Bobby Kotick got 30 million this year instead of 32 million. We should all be ashamed and buy more games.
We could be living in a market-based socialism system right now where workers are all treated fairly and massive CEO salaries don't exist because workers own the means of production... and we could still be seeing an identical headline about Call of Duty Cold War costing $70 instead of $60. This has nothing to do with price hikes.

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
Why would you price control a product that's A) not essential and B) that drops in price eventually (even though it might take longer for Nintendo products)? To relieve poor people of FOMO? I'm unironically asking what the purpose of this is. I could ask you further questions that I'd be very interested to hear the answer to (where do you draw the line as to which products should receive price control, and why? How should a fair price be determined? Under which circumstances would you accept price increases?) , but so far every time I dug a bit deeper people just peaced out. It's also rather boring having to defend the obviously imperfect capitalist reality against best case scenarios of heavily regulated or centrally planned economies. "Just put a cap on the price, the millionaires don't need more money, and poor people could afford all the games on day 1!!". It's like, I don't even know where to start. Some of you guys are not as creative as you think you are with your shallow economic solutions.

Some people in this forum are legitimately out of touch.

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
What an odd argument. What price is "defensible"?
What should the price of a video game be, or be allowed to be?
Again, what should a video game cost, and what should a video game be allowed to cost.
What should a video game cost? Presumably $60 isn't an objectively correct, undeniable truth price point.
Your "gotcha" question that you've now presented to me as well isn't getting much attention because the point of the conversation is not to set an ideal price point. That's impossible. Many games are free. The rest sell from $0.99 to $x with (x) being the amount that a publisher wants to set a price tag for the Ultimate Edition. For Final Fantasy 7 Remake, as an example, that number was $329.99.

The actual discussion here is not about establishing the ideal price, but instead discussing that a price increase for a standard, launch day release is not necessary. Many people are pointing to the astronomical, hand-over-fist profits that gaming companies have been making in the last decade. So no, we're not here to come together as a forum and set an acceptable price. The topic is about jacking game prices up. The question here is "why?", and the answer is undeniably "because more money".

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
How so? It's an an interesting position, I'd like to hear your argument.

The critics are correct that the big publishers like Activision and EA do not *need* to increase prices. The price increase is intended to increase profits. No doubt there. And people ought to be able to advocate for their own interests, so I have no complaint there. But the part that annoys me is when some of these people try to frame their desire to pay less for games at launch as some moralistic anti-capitalist mindset and complain that "these rich CEOs and stockholders are just being selfish and taking advantage of me".

We are not talking about an industry where there is a monopsony and you have little choice as a consumer but to suck up those price increases. There are thousands upon thousands of amazing indie games out there. I can think of few cases where it is easier to avoid big corporations and support the little guy than gaming. And hey, if you really want to play that AAA blockbuster (and it isn't published by Nintendo), you can easily avoid paying MSRP just by waiting a couple months.

If you are someone who can't resist buying 20 AAA games at launch a year when you have a huge backlog, you have ceded the high ground in criticizing other people about being motivated by materialistic concerns. If you are unwilling to put off buying the next mega-sequel and support an indie game instead, then all the arguments about how the fat cat CEOs don't care about lowly developers ring pretty hollow. When you are the perfect consumer zombie fueling big corporate profits, you don't get to say "fuck capitalism" with a straight face.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your "gotcha" question that you've now presented to me as well isn't getting much attention because the point of the conversation is not to set an ideal price point. That's impossible. Many games are free. The rest sell from $0.99 to $x with (x) being the amount that a publisher wants to set a price tag for the Ultimate Edition. For Final Fantasy 7 Remake, as an example, that number was $329.99.

The actual discussion here is not about establishing the ideal price, but instead discussing that a price increase for a standard, launch day release is not necessary. Many people are pointing to the astronomical, hand-over-fist profits that gaming companies have been making in the last decade. So no, we're not here to come together as a forum and set an acceptable price. The topic is about jacking game prices up. The question here is "why?", and the answer is undeniably "because more money".
At the core of your and many here's argument is being upset with the price increase. Your unwillingness to engage with that is noted.

That aside, the underlined is painfully obvious. Of course it's about profits.

So, gotcha indeed -- if a price increase is "unjustifiable" beyond profit motive (duh), yet you correctly note it's not possible to have a proper price point, is $60 acceptable because it had been the price historically? Was $60 too high?

(Typos)

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
At the core of your and many here's argument is being upset with the price increase. Your unwillingness to engage with that is noted.

That aside, the underlined is painfully obvious. Of course it's about profits.

So, gotcha indeed -- if a price increase is "unjustifiable" beyond profit motive (duh), yet you correctly note it's not possible to have a proper price point, is $60 oy acceptable because it had been there price historically? Was $60 too high?
If you're just going to sidestep what I wrote and go with a red herring, I'm not interested.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The critics are correct that the big publishers like Activision and EA do not *need* to increase prices. The price increase is intended to increase profits. No doubt there. And people ought to be able to advocate for their own interests, so I have no complaint there. But the part that annoys me is when some of these people try to frame their desire to pay less for games at launch as some moralistic anti-capitalist mindset and complain that "these rich CEOs and stockholders are just being selfish and taking advantage of me".

We are not talking about an industry where there is a monopsony and you have little choice as a consumer but to suck up those price increases. There are thousands upon thousands of amazing indie games out there. I can think of few cases where it is easier to avoid big corporations and support the little guy than gaming. And hey, if you really want to play that AAA blockbuster (and it isn't published by Nintendo), you can easily avoid paying MSRP just by waiting a couple months.

If you are someone who can't resist buying 20 AAA games at launch a year when you have a huge backlog, you have ceded the high ground in criticizing other people about being motivated by materialistic concerns. If you are unwilling to put off buying the next mega-sequel and support an indie game instead, then all the arguments about how the fat cat CEOs don't care about lowly developers ring pretty hollow. When you are the perfect consumer zombie fueling big corporate profits, you don't get to say "fuck capitalism" with a straight face.

Sounds like they should raise the prices even more, make games $120 on release and people can buy them when they reach a price they agree with. Actually why not start at $200.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they should raise the prices even more, make games $120 on release and people can buy them when they reach a price they agree with. Actually why not start at $200.
What do you think would happen if Sony started pricing new games at $120 while new MS and Nintendo games are still available at $60? What market reaction would you expect?