• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

W1ckedEvoX

Oct 27, 2017
If the app gets "taken down" will it still be usable to people who got it originally or will the app just stop working? I'm afraid of losing saves that I've invested time in.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
If it's like the PC version of Retroarch (and it likely is) you'll need to make system folders for those two platforms to get them to work.

How to make Dolphin load in PC retroarch.

How to make PPSSPP load in retroarch.

Also if you have a hacked psp the fonts file you can extract from that is much prefered to the custom font that comes bundled with ppsspp. Some games have text write issues with the custom font (easily seen in the opening of Lunar)

Tried that and still doesn't work. What's more weird is that the standalone PPSSPP emulator works perfectly, the Retroarch one is the only one that doesn't work.

taytwo

Dec 3, 2018
I have a question sorry if it seems dumb haha. So if I was able to get a retail whitelist code thing for retroarch do I still need to pay for the dev mode fee? I wasn't planning on buying an Xbox for awhile but this has been very intriguing!!

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a question sorry if it seems dumb haha. So if I was able to get a retail whitelist code thing for retroarch do I still need to pay for the dev mode fee? I wasn't planning on buying an Xbox for awhile but this has been very intriguing!!
No. You can use retroarch in regular mode. It's so much more convenient.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Did you use Edge and go to the website: https://tunip3.github.io/wowee/ and click the link on your console?

This doesn't work for me unfortunately. Trying on the Edge App on a Series X. It goes to a 'Something went wrong' page on the Store App.
I'm not in dev mode when I tried this - I can't find any instructions in the video or in this thread (I'm sure it's there just haven't found it) so I might be missing something.

I signed up for a dev account regardless and I suppose I still need to be whitelisted.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't work for me unfortunately. Trying on the Edge App on a Series X. It goes to a 'Something went wrong' page on the Store App.
I'm not in dev mode when I tried this - I can't find any instructions in the video or in this thread (I'm sure it's there just haven't found it) so I might be missing something.

I signed up for a dev account regardless and I suppose I still need to be whitelisted.
It's for retail and you have to be whitelisted for it work. You haven't been whitelisted yet.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's for retail and you have to be whitelisted for it work. You haven't been whitelisted yet.

Oh - sorry I'm confused. I saw people say that you didn't have to pay the $19 fee to use the loophole, but I suppose you can install dev mode/get whitelisted without paying the fee?

Nothing on Microsoft's instructions/the dev mode interface mentions anything about whitelisting, other than Xbox live showing up as 'down'. So I guess I'll just wait!

Do I have to remain in dev mode until I get whitelisted?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh - sorry I'm confused. I saw people say that you didn't have to pay the $19 fee to use the loophole, but I suppose you can install dev mode/get whitelisted without paying the fee?

Nothing on Microsoft's instructions/the dev mode interface mentions anything about whitelisting, other than Xbox live showing up as 'down'. So I guess I'll just wait!

Do I have to remain in dev mode until I get whitelisted?
No. You don't need to pay for dev mode to use retail retroarch. It works normally on your xbox. You have to be whitelisted by T3 in dom's discord in order to access it.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
"To use this here, first remove another device

You're at your limit for the number of blah blah"

Anyone else get this?

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I will gladly take anyone's suggestions for improving n64 perf. Every game on mupen64plus-next launches with a lot of stutter before settling down. (Full disclosure: I'm a RetroArch dunce.)

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
I will gladly take anyone's suggestions for improving n64 perf. Every game on mupen64plus-next launches with a lot of stutter before settling down. (Full disclosure: I'm a RetroArch dunce.)
Which console? I'm running it on Series X at max render resolution with no issues, at leas to far with Majora's Mask and Golden Eye.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
What design and UI lol.

Clearly programmer driven. But that's OK. Can you change the front end to something more usable?

I talk like things like, to enter your settings and change scaling, you need to enter like 5 menus and go back one menu.
Like you cannot change your mapping or settings until you are in the specific core

AS soon as I figured out how to change the UI (Not in UI mind you, you need to go to Driver) and click Ozone, it's much better

I mean I get that it's highly customizable and modular, but it's not an easy experience

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Hoping for a whitelist code here too, its such a pain to get dev license where i live

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a new code to redeem? Most recent one in this thread says that it's already been redeemed.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
This is the latest link on the discord, which really anybody doing this should be a part of because there are a lot of technical issues you can run into.

Sign in to your account

I say that and now can't find an invite link.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I love that the description for the app in the Xbox store is just 'can we get an f in the chat bois'

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking about doing this. Can someone explain what's going on with the codes? I'm confused.
From Dom's Discord:
in order to get retroarch retail you must fill out https://forms.gle/WCqB1fMXhsGx1MzU8 by 8PM GMT Friday everyone who fills out the form will get Retroarch on retail for free this will be the last time Retroarch will be available on retail for free for a while as I don't have the time to really operate a giveaway like last time anyone who had retroarch on retail in the past has been automatically whitelisted too.

once whitelisted: Just enter the code G64V4-DWHR2-PFCKM-FW62W-MX29Z on your xbox
or go to the following url with the account you used for the email:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=532540&mstoken=G64V4-DWHR2-PFCKM-FW62W-MX29Z

then on your console whilst on your console open edge and goto the following page and select retroarch:
https://tunip3.github.io/wowee

I have added a separate ppsspp with Dom's custom store:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=532540&mstoken=CJRHH-23G7K-FY9WP-RXH6P-6D3RZ(edited)
CJRHH-23G7K-FY9WP-RXH6P-6D3RZ

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
The standalone PSP emulator is great. Very easy to use, trying to fiddle with settings in retroarch makes me feel like an idiot.

Secret Agent Clank looks clean when you bump it to x3 or 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.