platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
"And when she put on the ring it frightened the Nazgul, for they could suddenly see Granny Weatherwax and she looked exceedingly cross."

Lmao

The Nazgul, feeling Granny's Look upon them, stopped slouching over, and subconsciously started straightening out their robes. One of them began an angry shriek, but the shriek died in its throat at a glance from Granny. "We'll be having none of that today, thank you very much. Now eat your vegetables."

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
I love how deeply deeply angry Esme is that she had to be the good one.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, on paper the Witches books were by far the least interesting to me when I started my march through Discworld a couple of years ago. But after finishing, they are by far my favorites. Carpe Jugulum is an actual masterpiece and has perhaps the funniest bit in all of the books, where the vampire hides out in his coffin to avoid the battle and unwittingly uses a sleeping Greebo as a pillow.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
❤ The witches.

Just so much good material there.

Granny, vimes and death, in no particular order.

My office wall has a signed print of death stroking a kitten, an "I atent dead" badge and a canvas of Great a'tuin. Need to add more.

Oddly, it was buying a Hat Full of Sky aged 25 that got me into the Discworld.
I'm not much for collectables, but this Death of Rats figurine is hard to resist.

the-death-of-rats-figurine.jpg

SNH SNH SNH

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

Corrupt

Shinra Employee
Oct 31, 2017
Oh, I haven't got it yet, but I'm very tempted. That image is from Discworld Emporium. It's a treasure trove of Discworld goodness.

www.discworldemporium.com

Death of Rats Figurine | Terry Pratchett | Discworld Merchandise

Offical figurine of the Death of Rats, AKA the Grim Squeaker, Death's cheeky sidekick from Terry Pratchett's Discworld books - A Discworld Emporium exclusive!
Out of stock.. *shakes fist*
They do tend to get restocks of items so I will bide my time.

I think this thread shows that this forum needs a Discworld discussion thread, we need an outlet!

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say, on paper the Witches books were by far the least interesting to me when I started my march through Discworld a couple of years ago. But after finishing, they are by far my favorites. Carpe Jugulum is an actual masterpiece and has perhaps the funniest bit in all of the books, where the vampire hides out in his coffin to avoid the battle and unwittingly uses a sleeping Greebo as a pillow.
Greebo certainly is a little terror.

DGutp1OV0AA012v.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
The entire sequence where Nanny Ogg turns him human is great. The description of him is top-notch.

Plus the random aside where a cat was born with two heads, but it turns out Greedo was every male ancestor for about 30 generations, so nobody paid it any mind.
That was scene was hilarious and made even funnier for me by imagining Tom Ellis of Lucifer fame as Greebo in my mind.