• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
Ivy_2p.jpg

Pirate/Corsair Ivy. Soooooo much better than her other looks, and so different you have to wonder how the hell it got in SC2.
She had pretty classy alts in SC1 and 3, too.

4yWRkFB.jpg

rITIW98.jpg

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
R.1c1bbf369e1bfa8d90054d72b98ab19a

Fat Mac is peak Mac.

Also none of Daredevil's suits compare to his basic DIY black suit.

daredevil-season-3-black-suit.jpg

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Morrissey the white nationalist? man, modern Lisa Simpson continues to be a shameful embarrassment to the original character.
They actually went with a clever twist on this premise. They used a fictional caricature of Morrissey (called Quilloughby - voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch) as Lisa fell in love with the Smiths music. They then had her encounter the modern version (as opposed to her imagined idealized companion), he was depicted as an unabashed racist and Lisa rejected that version immediately. They by no means betrayed her value system here. If anything, they took a rare opportunity to depict her as an 8-year-old for once and allowed her to reach this revelation on her own organically.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
They actually went with a clever twist on this premise. They used a fictional caricature of Morrissey (called Quilloughby - voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch) as Lisa fell in love with the Smiths music. They then had her encounter the modern version (as opposed to her imagined idealized companion), he was depicted as an unabashed racist and Lisa rejected that version immediately. They by no means betrayed her value system here. If anything, they took a rare opportunity to depict her as an 8-year-old for once and allowed her to reach this revelation on her own organically.

Ehh, from what I saw she was obsessed with the icon of earlier Morrissey, when she sees the modern-day reality, she's not favorable towards him.

nevermind then, that sounds awesome!

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Before the Star Wars prequel trilogy was made, young(er) Obi-Wan Kenobi was depicted as wearing a Jedi Knight uniform that was black and form-fitting. I thought it looked pretty cool because it was reminiscent of Luke's Jedi Knight uniform from ROTJ.

sT6os57.png
That's because Lucas, at the time, described Luke's ROTJ outfit as being very reminiscent of what the Jedi used to wear (probably picked up while he stayed at Ben's hut for a while in between the films, that's where he made his new lightsaber). It wasn't until the prequels that Lucas changed his mind and made them all wear the desert robes that Old Ben wore in ANH. Way to hide out there, Obi-Wan, just keep wearing your Jedi uniform for another twenty years.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
That's because Lucas, at the time, described Luke's ROTJ outfit as being very reminiscent of what the Jedi used to wear (probably picked up while he stayed at Ben's hut for a while in between the films, that's where he made his new lightsaber). It wasn't until the prequels that Lucas changed his mind and made them all wear the desert robes that Old Ben wore in ANH. Way to hide out there, Obi-Wan, just keep wearing your Jedi uniform for another twenty years.
And why Uncle Owen is wearing the same kind of clothes. Because they're Tatooine clothes, not Jedi uniforms.

OP
OP
Dice

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
MV5BZTE2ZGEzNjYtYjFkZS00ODE0LWE5NjctNjdiODNhMjFiOGZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQ4NjI4MDM@._V1_.jpg

Better than his horrible regular hair. I even made a thread about it!

A bit 90s geeky (the length in the back), but yeah, it's waaay cleaner than the mop he usually has. xD

Ivy_2p.jpg

Pirate/Corsair Ivy. Soooooo much better than her other looks, and so different you have to wonder how the hell it got in SC2.

Absolutely depressing this looks is an alternative, and her rubber band outfit is default. ¬_¬

latest
>
avatar_the_last_airbender.katara.jpg

Katara (and actually the Aang Gang's Fire Nation outfits in general) were really great looking fashion-wise. Katara's also got amazing hair hidden in a braid and rather distracting hair loops (apparently a pain for the animators to draw all the time too -- they shoulda pushed them off to the side more?). I definiely love how she suits blue, but after 2 seasons in it, the third going for red was different and surprisingly chic (for the era)!

4cac9f740f12825bb3e1dcec6f912eb7--korra-avatar-team-avatar.jpg

Metal Gear?!

Jun 26, 2020
Before the Star Wars prequel trilogy was made, young(er) Obi-Wan Kenobi was depicted as wearing a Jedi Knight uniform that was black and form-fitting. I thought it looked pretty cool because it was reminiscent of Luke's Jedi Knight uniform from ROTJ.

sT6os57.png
Samurai Robe Luke > Imperial Uniform with White Open Flap Luke though

Afg7AXe.jpeg

Also none of Daredevil's suits compare to his basic DIY black suit.

daredevil-season-3-black-suit.jpg
Ninja Daredevil is his original live action look and it's great

jrIbX6W.gif

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
a625a68f276649ab447f0210ed710fd2.jpg

I always really dug Padme's pilot outfit, which she presumably wore somewhat regularly but barely shows up in AOTC (and Forces of Destiny) and has gotten exactly two bits of merch and generally seems completely forgotten among her zillion outfits. Unless she wore it at some point in Clone Wars and I forgot.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
If you think that's gaudy, you haven't played Soul Caliber before. :P
Oh I have. It's my favorite fighting game next to Smash64 lol too bad not enough people seem to play it.

Let's just say I prefer her other costume. I think it's fair to call this one gaudy in comparison lmaoo

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tim Drake's costumes when he first became Red Robin never made any sense. It was way too Golden/Silver-Age looking for a younger character introduced in the 90's.

marcus-to-red-robin-6.jpg

(I'll never understand why they used Alex Ross's bootleg Dr. Midnight design.)

That said, Marcus To was able to briefly put him into some different costumes during the character's solo series:

EcqbxgNWAAY5Okr.jpg

(Soooo much better. The design especially worked well since the Nightwing costume and persona weren't be used at that time.)

When he was in his default costume, Marcus To seemed to take every opportunity he could to have Tim's cowl down. This little change made the costume a lot better. This version with a domino mask and a hood would've been so much better than the earless Batman cowl he'd be stuck with until the Nu52.

tumblr_pelwtuACaR1xtkq30o1_1280.jpg

Then the DC Universe got rebooted and he was stuck in this abomination for way too long:

41x45qkakot51.jpg

(This just looks like some random costume they'd put robin in for an action figure line.)

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Lisa's use of hair dye to prove a point in To Surveil with Love wasn't her first instance in the show with brown hair. The show's knockoff Harry Potter allegory, Angelica Button, also features a character with brown hair that Lisa has both cosplayed as and been depicted as directly. So much so that she even has her own Tapped Out design.

De2Cfw7.jpg

They went hard with it from Seasons 18 through 24 but have since dropped it largely due to J.K. Rowling's dehumanist transphobic horseshit.

This isn't the only brown-haired alter-ego Lisa has had, either. She once went undercover as Jake Boyman when Springfield Elementary introduced segregation by gender as she sought out more challenging math curriculum...

giphy.gif

That said, the hairstyle she went with when she actually went through with dying her hair versus simply donning a wig suits her the best.

Anyhow, to bring this back to the OP's posed question. the one and done look Lisa adopted that's easily received the most traction over the years based on merchandise and volume of tattoos is clearly her Blossom hipster getup from Summer of 4 Ft. 2. It's pretty damned iconic even if she didn't really change up her hairstyle for it.

indie-simpsons-hippie-Favim.com-6039230.jpg
latest

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
wPNNAWT_d.webp

A lot of people seem to dislike it, but I like the less helmet hair looking Chewbacca from ROTJ and was disappointed when they went back on it for the sequels.