• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The stupidity here is just bewildering.

We've been at this for a year. You really can't wait a few more months until the vaccine is more widespread before doing this?

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
a7bX61W.png

201605031815_hmm.png

Oct 30, 2017
why do americans and especially people in the south have such a huge problem with the masks? it´s such a non issue really.
A few things.

Government experts wanted to take the virus seriously. Donald Trump did not want to. Donald Trump is lazy and unfit to govern. His primary way of dealing with the pandemic has been denying its existence or severity.

Taking the virus seriously also requires government spending. Money for schools, cities, hospitals, building upgrades, money for unemployment insurance, survival checks, etc. Republicans hate spending money on anything except for military and homeland security.

And COVID is an international problem. That means fighting the virus is a national issue. Which means the federal government is going to be heavily involved in leading the response. It plays into this country's long standing history of "rebel" states undermining the Federal government at every turn in order to assert "state's rights"

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Texas: Consistently re-electing Ted Cruz
Texas: Horrifically unprepared for the recent winter storm
Texas: Now this

Almost makes me proud to be from Kentucky. (Almost.)

Oct 26, 2017
mask are no longer required but please follow medical advice and guidelines that say we should still be wearing masks.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
So weird that the GOP is actively trying to kill their base. Like even if you are the most heartless and evil mofo you would at least protect the people who vote you. This is so damn shortsighted.

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
Personal responsibility is not what the party of personal responsibility is good at.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Texas: Consistently re-electing Ted Cruz
Texas: Horrifically unprepared for the recent winter storm
Texas: Now this

Almost makes me proud to be from Kentucky. (Almost.)

Ted Cruz has only been elected twice, with his first election happening in 2012 and starting in the senate in 2013, where Cruz helped shutdown the government. Before 2012 he was the Texas solicitor general, an appointed position, not an elected one.

The guy is historically unpopular and almost lost to Beto O'Rourke in 2018, though that race had a truckload of asterisks dumped on it that influenced it heavily for both candidates, in all directions. There's a very real possibility that Cruz could get knocked out in 2024 and I very much want to see it.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I dont know what to say other than people of Texas need to raise up and vote blue. Kinda sad AOC out there helping but we got these grifters still in power fucking things up.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I need to move, sigh... Maybe to another country because in 4 years we might have Trump again.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Close off Texas to the rest of the country

States like this are going to push this virus to evolve into other variants or foster the ones already out there.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
This is like going for it when you're 4th and 20. And you're winning by a field goal. In the last minute of the final quarter. And the losing team is sprayed with coronavirus. Just, why? Why even risk it? What is the logic here?

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Here in Houston and the suburbs at least the restrictions just haven't been enforced in the first fucking place, so I don't think this is going to really do much more damage than we've already seen. Our clubs have been open for months, our officials haven't enforced capacity limits, they've encouraged bars to reclassify as restaurants to get around restrictions, and HEB/Kroger/other stores have stopped enforcing mask rules because they got tired of their employees getting assaulted, if they enforced them in the first place. Restrictions don't work if you don't enforce them, this is just lifting the veil and not pretending anymore.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
Fuck so does this mean sporting events have the go ahead in Texas to be at full capacity? Good luck Texas Era stay safe and mask up.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fresh off of one unnecessary tragedy caused by pointless obstinance against the face of all logic the state decides to create a new one. What could go wrong?

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I suspect most of the places I frequent in Austin will continue to enforce masks (even if a random chud can more easily ignore that now) so I'll just have to be vigilant, as usual.

Someone of my age and health probably won't be eligible for the vaccine until summer, so forgive me if I feel like Abbott's putting me at risk for the second time in just a few weeks. :/

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Covid is here to stay forever, I want to be alive when the next deadly pandemic hits, and morons are dying 10times faster than Covid...gonna refuse to wear a mask?

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
I mean the idiots were only wearing masks when going into stores/venues and then going full MAGA anywhere else. Had our highest spikes during the mask mandate.

so yeah, sure why the fuck not. At least in Houston Hildago and Turner can combat some of the stupid themselves...

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Businesses can still require masks sounds good but as others have said it's been pretty toothless (although where I live in Houston, near the HCA West hospital, mask wearing in supermarkets nearby has been good) and you're going to have tons of people showing up like "What mask requirement, my governor said it's off so fuck you" with maybe a bonus "Tell that to my gun".

Fake edit: Was good to see Hidalgo on TV not mincing words about it. "Misguided, premature, political".