OP
OP

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, a 2003 Lancer has 11.3 cu ft of trunk space from what I can tell... Seriously unless you're driving a Lancer station wagon now maybe you should consider looking at the Model 3?

I'm almost certain that it's the lower height but longer length of the cargo area that's creating the discrepancy in cu ft because I, too, was confused.

At any rate, there are no showrooms (that I can find) with the Model 3 in my area soooooo, yeah.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Niro EV has DC Fast Charge and L3 so it's still reasonable? Or did I confuse that with another vehicle

Every recent car on the market has DC Fast Charging now.

Just that Tesla is way ahead in speed, availability and cost(I think).

I'm just thinking of road trips, here in Ontario, Canada it's $20/hour so that's still less.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
My wife & I have been talking and talked to a few friends to find out about the parking situation at the high school and learned that most likely our son will get a permit, very small chance of not getting one.
We are thinking about ordering the SR+ on Sunday. The thought is by then there will be 'a lot' of people ordering before the price goes up. We will be at the end of the list so hopefully 2 months out. But if not we save $1,100 and if we get the car a month early, oh well. :)

One reason we want all electric is that in our area we have real time pricing. We pay the actual rate per hour. From 10pm - 6 am the average rate year round is $.025 kWh. We were excited when during the test drive the sales person showed us how you can set the car to start charging at a certain time. That feature works perfectly with our power.

With real time pricing over the 40 months that we have had it we have saved $620 versus if we were on the standard pricing plan. The next step is solar but we need to install a new roof first. Solar is popping up all over here, I am in northern Illinois and we have four solar homes on our block, all installed in the past few months.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
My wife & I have been talking and talked to a few friends to find out about the parking situation at the high school and learned that most likely our son will get a permit, very small chance of not getting one.
We are thinking about ordering the SR+ on Sunday. The thought is by then there will be 'a lot' of people ordering before the price goes up. We will be at the end of the list so hopefully 2 months out. But if not we save $1,100 and if we get the car a month early, oh well. :)

One reason we want all electric is that in our area we have real time pricing. We pay the actual rate per hour. From 10pm - 6 am the average rate year round is $.025 kWh. We were excited when during the test drive the sales person showed us how you can set the car to start charging at a certain time. That feature works perfectly with our power.

With real time pricing over the 40 months that we have had it we have saved $620 versus if we were on the standard pricing plan. The next step is solar but we need to install a new roof first. Solar is popping up all over here, I am in northern Illinois and we have four solar homes on our block, all installed in the past few months.
The standard range is not subject to the price increase.

But yes setting up specific time to charge is super easy and really neat feature.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda pissed about the 3% increase. I was going to buy a non-basic 3 after I paid my student loans off in late summer this year.

I work in EV though and may try to get some nepotism discount. We'll see. I do get free charging which is great.

Last edited: