BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I keep trying to make my way through Season One but it's not clicking for me. Do things pick up in Season Two?

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I keep trying to make my way through Season One but it's not clicking for me. Do things pick up in Season Two?

If you don't fall in love with Johnny as a character then you're not going to like the rest of it. Its his relationship with the kids that really shines in that first season and gets carried into subsequent seasons.

You're also not really supposed to like Daniel too much in the beginning so there's a lot of character and plot development around that aspect.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Cobra Kai is fun but karate kid 3 always is and always will be a pile of crap. It will be fun to see this dude ham it up again tho

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
Now all we need is Hilary Swank to reprise her Next Karate Kid role and we're set!

No please don't

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
SNK's Robert Garcia was modeled after Terry Silver:

Robert_Garcia_KOF96.png

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Just finished season 2 and whilst great, it did seem to lose some of the groundedness of the first season. Where does Season 3 sit on the scale ?

S3 characters reacting to the events of S2, summarized in a gif

giphy.webp

Imo the showrunners were smart to have the characters (and world around them) react with horror to the escalation of S2, and spend much of the season dealing with the fallout of how ridiculous it was.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It merits repeating that this show has no business being as good as it is