III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Jenna was high on her own supply watch that capitol insurrection live stream hahahhahahahah - You know who to call for Real Estate!

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
EsTRzJ-XIAYBTzR.jpg

SpitfireKit

Oct 27, 2017
She said she raised $1,000 hours ago, then said it was $200 after she was shut down... :/

And now it's "Like I don't know how to build my own web server. Duh "

The clue was in her own web address all along: "JennAryan.com"

Last edited:

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I raised this possibility in one of the Trump pardon speculation threads, and lo and behold, it's looking like Trump's pardons were poorly written and don't fully protect some of the pardoned individuals:

Gaps in Trump's Pardons: How the Biden Administration Can Still Pursue Justice (justsecurity.org)

Former President Donald Trump issued numerous pardons and commutations to friends, family and associates, as well as felons who engaged in heinous crimes involving war crimes, murder, political corruption, and civil rights violations. He seemed to revel in absolving corrupt politicians, corrupt law enforcement officers, and of course, anyone prosecuted by Robert Mueller's Special Counsel Office. The latter served not just to reward those who refused to cooperate with this Special Counsel, but also undermined future Special Counsel investigations by setting a dangerous precedent for future efforts to conduct such independent investigations, and to hold a corrupt president to the rule of law.

In issuing his pardons, Trump, true to form, followed no process. He did not seek to identify those most worthy of the use of the clemency process. Instead, his abuse of this constitutional power has led many to deplore the expansive executive authority, although it can be a means of meting out justice when wielded impartially and even-handedly to the most deserving after due consideration of the interests of numerous parties.

But there is good news. If the Biden administration's Department of Justice wants to rectify some of Trump's abuse of the pardon power, there are now options at its disposal.

The pardon for Paul Manafort (on Dec. 23, 2020), is illustrative. By its own terms, the pardon covers only the crimes "for his conviction" on specific charges and not any other crimes (charged or uncharged). Specifically, the pardon is solely for the crimes of conviction — eight in the Eastern District of Virginia and two in the District of Columbia. That leaves numerous crimes as to which Manafort can still be prosecuted, as in Virginia there were 10 hung counts. In Washington, the situation is even more wide open. In that district, Manafort pleaded to a superseding information containing two conspiracy charges, while the entire underlying indictment — containing numerous crimes from money laundering, to witness tampering, to violation of the Foreign Agents Registration Act — now remains open to prosecution as there was no conviction for those charges.

What's more, the trial on such charges would be unusually simple. First, as part of his plea agreement, Manafort admitted under oath the criminal conduct in Virginia as to which the jury hung (although he did not plead to those counts and thus they are not subject to the pardon). In addition, he admitted in writing the underlying criminal conduct in Washington. Thus, proving the case could largely consist of introducing Manafort's sworn admission to the charges.

I knew we couldn't trust him to hire good lawyers and figured that him eschewing the typical legal review process was going to cause problems.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I raised this possibility in one of the Trump pardon speculations, and lo and behold, it's looking like Trump's pardons were poorly written and don't fully protect some of the pardoned individuals:

Gaps in Trump's Pardons: How the Biden Administration Can Still Pursue Justice (justsecurity.org)

I knew we couldn't trust him to hire good lawyers and think that him eschewing the typical legal review process was going to cause problems.

Hell yeah round em back up.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I raised this possibility in one of the Trump pardon speculation threads, and lo and behold, it's looking like Trump's pardons were poorly written and don't fully protect some of the pardoned individuals:

I knew we couldn't trust him to hire good lawyers and figured that him eschewing the typical legal review process was going to cause problems.

Manafort getting fucked despite his pardon would be beyond phenomenal. DOJ, pls do it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

Hahahahha I also said it wouldn't be surprising to see him mess up the writing. Should be hilarious to see the results

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017

This might seem like a small potatoes move, but this is essentially the formal start of an investigation into how aligned with the insurrection they were.

Sherrod Brown was on MSNBC tonight and he basically said that their speeches on the floor of the Senate and votes are protected under the law, but the investigation into possible coordination or organization is a necessary first step before any censure, expulsion or criminal prosecution can take place.

One particular thing that Brown mentioned that they would look into (and which he described as a "worst case scenario" in terms of criminal exposure for the Senators) is whether the floor votes on the Senate were specifically intended to delay the certification so that there was more time for an insurrection to occur. Given Giuliani's misplaced call to Tuberville, we know that this at the very least was an intended plan.

Last edited:

julian

Oct 27, 2017

Don't you go giving me hope.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I heard on the wire that Matt Gaetz may actually be in the shit and get barred.

Never seeing that greasy stare of his again would be a blessing to all.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Judge denies release to alleged rioter who returned for inauguration

A Florida resident accused of taking part in the Capitol riot and then returning to Washington in advance of President Joe Biden's inauguration should be kept behind bars as he awaits trial, a federal magistrate ruled Thursday.

Prosecutors say Samuel Camargo, 26, posted videos on Instagram showing him trying to force his way into the Capitol during the Jan. 6 assault and later displayed a piece of metal that he said came from the historic building.
"Got some memorobioia [sic], did it myself," text on Camargo's feed said.

After the chaotic and violent day at the Capitol, Camargo returned to his home in Deerfield Beach, according to an FBI affidavit. When an FBI agent reached out to him by phone, Camargo became uncooperative and questioned the agent's loyalty to the Constitution, the court filing says.
Camargo later saw law enforcement officials at his home and took off, Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Poulin said during a bail hearing Thursday in U.S. District Court in Washington.
Meanwhile, a bail hearing expected Thursday for a New Mexico county commissioner charged in the Capitol riot was scuttled after he reportedly refused to take a coronavirus test.

www.politico.com

Judge denies release to alleged rioter who returned for inauguration

Prosecutors say Samuel Camargo, 26, posted videos on Instagram showing him trying to force his way into the Capitol during the Jan. 6 assault and later displayed a piece of metal that he said came from the historic building.

Woman who allegedly helped steal Pelosi laptop to be released from jail

A Pennsylvania woman facing charges that she helped steal a laptop from the office of the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, during the attack on the US Capitol will be released from jail, a federal judge decided on Thursday.

US magistrate judge Martin Carlson directed that Riley June Williams be released into the custody of her mother, with travel restrictions, and instructed her to appear on Monday in federal court in Washington to continue her case.

"The gravity of these offenses is great," Carlson told Williams. "It cannot be overstated."

The FBI says an unidentified former romantic partner of Williams tipped them off that she appeared in video from the 6 January rioting and the tipster claimed she had hoped to sell the computer to Russian intelligence.

Williams's defense lawyer, Lori Ulrich, told Carlson the tipster is a former boyfriend who had been abusive to Williams and that "his accusations are overstated".

In adding the theft-related charges on Tuesday, a Virginia-based FBI agent said Williams was recorded on closed-circuit cameras in the Capitol going into and coming out of Pelosi's office.

The agent's affidavit said a cellphone video that was probably shot by Williams shows a man's gloved hand lifting an HP laptop from a table, and the caption read, "they got the laptop".

www.theguardian.com

Woman who allegedly helped steal Pelosi laptop to be released from jail

Federal judge directed that Riley June Williams be released into the custody of her mother, with travel restrictions

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Should I feel good watching them ruining their lives? Because I do.

Yes.

These people removing themselves from positions of power and influence is a long-term good. There's little question that, given the opportunity, they could and would abuse any authority available to them to perpetuate institutionalized racism or worse. The last thing America needs is more dipshits like this being afforded opportunities to fail upward into positions where they can wield influence.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These people getting released is just insane. The Munchel guy especially.