• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Telltale Games, which shut down last year, is coming back after its assets were purchased by a company called LCG Entertainment. The new company will sell some of Telltale's back catalog and will work on new games based on a few Telltale-associated properties, as well as new licenses.

The new Telltale is headed up by Jamie Ottilie and Brian Waddle. Ottilie said that some workers from the original Telltale Games will be offered freelance roles, with full-time positions possible in the future.

Ottilie has spent much of his career in mobile games, most recently as founder and CEO of Galaxy Pest Control, which is best known for licensed games based on Duck Dynasty and Power Rangers. Waddle's previous experience includes running sales and marketing for the Havok game engine.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Cautiously waiting to see how this actually turns out. I'd like a new season of Batman and Wolf Among Us but I'm not holding my breath.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
As long as the old management goes away... I read some horror stories on those articles that were published about it.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
LCG Entertainment? Trying to google it seems to not bring up anything relevant. Also seems to be a mobile game company.

Not holding out much hope with this to be honest.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the freelancers aspect to this. The first priority for a relaunched Telltale should be getting full time jobs for anyone who hasn't been able to get a new job yet, not continuing that job insecurity.

Rezsolution

Oct 31, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Man, the original Telltale staff get fired suddenly without severance pay, then get told they can come back under the same label with the 'possibility' of a full-time role in future. I really do feel for them.

edit: typo

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
The new Telltale is headed up by Jamie Ottilie and Brian Waddle. Ottilie said that some workers from the original Telltale Games will be offered freelance roles, with full-time positions possible in the future.

Ottilie has spent much of his career in mobile games, most recently as founder and CEO of Galaxy Pest Control, which is best known for licensed games based on Duck Dynasty and Power Rangers. Waddle's previous experience includes running sales and marketing for the Havok game engine.

giphy.gif

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Freelance positions? Yeah, no, I hope literally no one in old Telltale has the need to take them up on their shitty offer. Might teach them.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ottilie said that some workers from the original Telltale Games will be offered freelance roles, with full-time positions possible in the future.

well

okay

whatever

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
can't wait for Telltale's Duck Dynasty

honestly the biggest benefit to this would be getting their backlog back on services in a more permanent fashion, I don't have much confidence in new games

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
Meet the new Telltale, same as the old only they use Disney practices of having to fight for your old job.

Oct 25, 2017
Do Batman 3 and also be sure to negotiate with DC for merchandise rights.
Im still amazed as much as people liked 1and 2 that DC never tried to merchandize it like Arkham or Injustice.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I'm just hoping they can either port Tales of Monkey Island to current gen consoles or even just get it back on steam. I only own it on PS3... :(

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Yea... this doesn't sound great, to me at least. None of that announcement is encouraging, to be perfectly honest. I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but boy sounds like we're making some of the same errors already.. A few vague new projects (are we already starting with spreading too thin so soon?) and the back catalog evidently will not keep a company afloat. And it doesn't sound like this purchase comes with the huge cash infusion necessary to really take a new tack on all of this... Uhh.. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I will VERY MUCH keep my expectations in check. And I just hope they spend the time to figure out what the hell they should be doing first.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I imagine most of the talent has moved on by now. So just in name only, still sad we'll never get another game from the Tales From The Borderlands team, but that was the case before TT died.

Status
Not open for further replies.