• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
So hype for more queer representation.

I just hope its as good as the original Life is strange.

Dotnod hasn't had a great game since the first.

Oct 25, 2017
I really like this game's premise. Reminds me a lot of What Remains of Edith Finch, but with more character interaction, naturally.

I hope it feels sufficiently different from Life is Strange, though. Don't really feel like playing "another one of these". Vampyr leads give me a lot of hope when it comes to that.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I really like this game's premise. Reminds me a lot of What Remains of Edith Finch, but with more character interaction, naturally.

I hope it feels sufficiently different from Life is Strange, though. Don't really feel like playing "another one of these". Vampyr leads give me a lot of hope when it comes to that.

Just by seeing what we have so far, I'm pretty sure this is basically LiS3 lol.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Is there anything supernatural about this game? I honestly can't remember if there is.

I'm not sure if the memory thing is outright supernatural, but has a similar vibe, look, and seems to play the same, unless that's been stated or shown differently elsewhere. Like had this been revealed as a multiplat LiS3 I really don't think most people could have batted an eye. May be wrong though, but how I feel with everything so far

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if the memory thing is outright supernatural, but has a similar vibe, look, and seems to play the same, unless that's been stated or shown differently elsewhere. Like had this been revealed as a multiplat LiS3 I really don't think most people could have batted an eye. May be wrong though, but how I feel with everything so far
No question it's built off the framework of LiS.

Oct 25, 2017
Just by seeing what we have so far, I'm pretty sure this is basically LiS3 lol.
Yeah, you're right. I do expect it to be very similar, but at least some gimmick to set it apart. Between Life is Strange 2, Twin Mirror and Tell me Why, I hope DONTNOD doesn't become a LiS factory. I really really really enjoyed Vampyr. I LOVED Life is Strange 1, but I don't want to play the same game with a new story over and over again.

OP
OP
Hadok

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Yeah, you're right. I do expect it to be very similar, but at least some gimmick to set it apart. Between Life is Strange 2, Twin Mirror and Tell me Why, I hope DONTNOD doesn't become a LiS factory. I really really really enjoyed Vampyr. I LOVED Life is Strange 1, but I don't want to play the same game with a new story over and over again.

D34A6V2WkAAFpSN

this is not going to be a LiS game :p

Feb 6, 2019
Pretty excited for this game. Sad that it'll be review-bombed by hateful trolls like TLOU2, due to having openly LGBT characters in it.

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
Alaska is the setting? That's amazing to see. Alaska doesn't get enough positive focus in games without being made out to be a silly snowy area based around Christmas. It's awesome that they're mentioning actual cultures and cities too. Had no idea this game was being made but it just went way up on my radar.

JiyuuTenshi

Oct 28, 2017
It's being developed alongside XGS, unless that's just their publishing brand as well (but it looks like MS is their publishing brand, so idk).

ZXsuS0G.png

Edit: Wikipedia says XGS is just the publisher.
The copyright makes it pretty clear that Microsoft owns the game, so they're clearly also financing and not just publishing it.

Oct 25, 2017
I know some people dont want this to be a "LiS 3" but....I kinda do lol. Im not looking for a re-hash but I do want Dontnod to try and capture the magic they had with LiS 1, like they sorta did with the second game. Id rather this not be "people doing normal things"

OP
OP
Hadok

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Alaska is the setting? That's amazing to see. Alaska doesn't get enough positive focus in games without being made out to be a silly snowy area based around Christmas. It's awesome that they're mentioning actual cultures and cities too. Had no idea this game was being made but it just went way up on my radar.

you should read this
www.tellmewhygame.com

Bringing Delos Crossing to life through Tlingit design | Tell Me Why

Scenery has always been one of the most important features in any DONTNOD Entertainment title – and Tell Me Why will be no exception! Set in the fictional village of Delos Crossing, Tell Me Why will…

also
"The Tell Me Why team partnered with Huna Heritage Foundation to inform many other aspects of the game, including atmospheric sounds, Tlingit-language spelling verification, and information on customs such as funerary rites. We're excited to show the results of that partnership this summer as fans explore Delos Crossing to their hearts' content! "

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
44a7b75a-bfaf-49c9-9f22-45caf8d854e4.jpg

Its the publishing brand under XGS. So "second party". Think about games like Ori, Sunset Overdrive. Games with third party devs exclusive for XGS.
So helping with funding, marketing, and like with this game with development also. For example Joe Staten is one of the producers on the game.

OP
OP
Hadok

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018

yeah saw this yesterday,it looks great.
It doesn't look like a Life is Strange game(different team obviously,so cinematography is different as well),but at the same time there is something very "dontdnod"-ish in this?The characters probably?they already seems to be an interesting duo. :)

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, this game is getting closer and closer. I need to find a way to play it (no Xbox & now old MacBook Air). I should look in some cloud services. Don't want to miss a DONTNOD game.

Kinda unrelated but the wording about DONTNOD's collaboration with microsoft is quite interesting (if you're like me and like to read to much into things):

dontnod-la-societe-05.png

DONTNOD Entertainment & Microsoft announce their first collaboration for the development of an original episodic IP TELL ME WHY.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
The character lighting doesn't look right to me.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'd like to be clearer in the new game is what the Xbox One X/PS4 pro enhancements do.