• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
He got lucky. They could have killed him if they wanted to. Hopefully this teaches him to chill out.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure a mob of 3 or 4 armed with guns doing an ambush will work against anyone, gangsta or not.

Which is why I don't get the whole culture of wearing it as a badge of honor and pride
Lemme break down this guy because it was bound to happen to him. We all saw this coming.

Tekashi69 has built up a reputation of being "gangsta" and untouchable. Since he got on in November 2017 with Gummo he's had this persona of a Mexican/Puerto-Rican New York gangsta who's a member of the Bloods who can taunt others and cause problems with no repercussions. It just so happened that he's talented and had the music to back it up. So as he dropped music, his antics grew from having a Breakfast Club interview where he downtalked everything they said (Charlamange even brought a preacher in to pray for him at the end of the interview) to him taunting everyone in hip-hop, him trolling online, him taunting the Princes (from Houston aka J Prince the guy who stopped the Drake/Pusha beef), to hanging with 50 Cent and so on and so forth. He threated people to get him and no one did anything, he said said once that if he's not dead in 72 hours then people are scared. He even hungout with Chief Keef's baby mama to piss off Keef, bought her things and felt on her a bit, all to piss off and troll. One reason some people think others haven't done anything to him is due to the people backing Tekashi paying people off.

And he's been saying for months that he dares people to "test his gangsta" which is where this comes in today. His gangsta's been tested. Actually for the past few weeks from him being locked up to going back to court tomorrow and now this, all of the stuff he's done, karma's finally coming back on him. So we knew it would happen, all of us have seen this happen numerous times but Tekashi's like 22-23 and his generation hasn't seen anything like this yet, it was bound to happen.

But the thing about wearing gangsta, toughness as a badge of honor I wouldn't say that's mostly on hip-hop, that goes back to the days when we all were in school. You remember the thing about "good guys want bad girls" and "girls always love the bad boys", people are drawn to the badder side of things, when they see people breaking rules they love that. The older we get we see it's wrong but when you're young that's something that pulls people in. Hip-hop is a young genre so a lot of that stuff came with it but the older emcees get they usually change from that lifestyle, usually around the 24-26 year old range.

Most people in hip-hop these days that are older don't talk about that type of gangsta. To them, the Kendricks, Drakes, Coles, even older the Jay-Z's and Nas's even, gangsta is changing from your old past and providing for those you love and becoming someone who others look up to the right way. That's the main reason why they talk about financial freedom, helping others, stuff like that.

Just so happens that Tekashi's not seeing that kind of gangsta yet. He's gotta learn and this is one thing that needed to happen honestly.

Last edited:

CastorKrieg

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Checked his Wikipedia page to find this gem:

In October 2015, Hernandez pled guilty to one felony count of Use of a Child in a Sexual Performance. Hernandez was charged with three counts of the offense after a February 2015 incident where he had sexual contact with a 13-year-old girl and later distributed videos of the incident online. Three videos are described in the criminal complaint against Hernandez. In the first video, "the child engages in oral sexual intercourse with the separately charged defendant Taquan Anderson, while the defendant, Daniel Hernandez, stands behind the child making a thrusting motion with his pelvis and smacking her on her buttocks. The child is nude in the video." The other videos show the child sitting on the lap of Hernandez while her breasts are groped by Anderson, and later sitting naked across the laps of Anderson and Hernandez.

Too bad the fucker was not gunned down.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Reading the title I wasn't sure if it was gonna be a YouTuber or a rapper. Their names are basically the same these days.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just surprised that it took this long for something to happen. The people backing him must have been exhausting their budget paying all these dudes off.

And that won't be the end of it. Charlamange and Joe both said that there's going to be a time where the antics stop and that's when people will retaliate and that time's now. He's gonna be in more shit than ever from this point on. The streets see an opening.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of kids out there who worship this trash. I am also fairly sure this is a stunt, because these people love the attention and have a great understanding of how that kind of attention works in today's age. Tons of his fans will eat it up.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They were trying to rob him. He wears multiple necklaces worths 6 figures - this one is worth $150k.

hqdefault.jpg

How do you get any cash out of that though? It clearly belongs to him.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
How do you get any cash out of that though? It clearly belongs to him.
The streets don't care who it's from lol. They'll just sell it and break it down. If not that then just put it on sale and then Tekashi's people will see it's for sale and buy it back and say "nah that's not true see this is it."

DonNadie

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a publicity stunt to me, if it was real he'd have been at least shot once not just pistol whipped.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Yeah, it's almost unthinkable that Nicki would be closely associated with a child molester, or have one close to her, or perhaps even testify on behalf of one... right? :\
She didn't testify for her brother.

That's such a lame thing to throw shade at her for, her brother plead innocent and told her he was innocent and being set up. She supposed to not help her brother with lawyers in that situation?

The fact she eventually didn't testify might mean she had a change of heart but getting someone legal representation should never be something anyone is hated over let alone for their own brother.

Oct 27, 2017
Mar 10, 2018
Also on the topic of Breakfast Club, a 15 year old girl glaims she was drugged and raped by Charlamagne.

And Charlamagne openly admitted on a podcast that he drugged a girl, and raped her, another girl, but it wasn't rape according to him because they were going to have sex anyway. People need to stop associating with this guy.
This is the first I'm ever hearing of this. Source?

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't cosplay as a blood.

A cynical part of me also initially wondered if this whole thing was staged tho to be honest.

For someone who puts out that "Boom I don't take L's blood ah ah" ignorance, I'd wager not. But yeah, the age-old story of guys paying gang members to hang around for protection and cred and then getting swept up into some real gangsta shit. Tupac was heading back to prison if he didn't get shot that night for 5 years because it violated his bond, but he wasn't going to last long jumping a real Crip like that.

EDIT: Oh, he has new music dropping today? Yeah, nevermind. Sounds like a stunt.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Found it pretty quick on twitter:

I've been listening to Brilliant Idiots for years and I knew this was coming back to bite him at some point.

Dude was talking about how rape culture used to just be culture and used this story from when he was 16~ to make the point.

I'm honestly surprised it took this long for the shoe to drop.

This isn't even the worst story. I might be misremembering but I think he might have copped to giving a girl Spanish Fly once and having to stop his guys from running a train on her.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Guy seems like a terrible person. Never heard of him before. Glad I'm outta the loop on this shit. Would just irk me

Status
Not open for further replies.