Status
Not open for further replies.

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
Hope they haven't forgotten what made season 1 great. Trailer seems a bit over the top. But the trailers for the first season also never really captured the magic of the show.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Hope they haven't forgotten what made season 1 great. Trailer seems a bit over the top. But the trailers for the first season also never really captured the magic of the show.

I saw this trailer during the Apple Event yesterday and you're bang on the money in that it looks sillier and more over the top, but then again, those quiet heartrending moments in the first season are not reflected in any of the trailers for it so, hopefully this is the case for the second season too.

I just hope Ted Lasso doesn't turn out to be a one season wonder.

p.s. Out of curiosity, how did the OP of this thread get banned?

Dec 2, 2017
I saw this trailer during the Apple Event yesterday and you're bang on the money in that it looks sillier and more over the top, but then again, those quiet heartrending moments in the first season are not reflected in any of the trailers for it so, hopefully this is the case for the second season too.

User Banned (Permanent): Tone Policing in a Sensitive Thread Over Multiple Posts; Numerous Prior Bans for Dismissive Behavior including a Severe Ban for Dismissing Concerns of Racism

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit

They didn't like Ted Lasso.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Not the best OP either, and the TC insulting the show as well.

We should reboot the thread with a better OP for the second season.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone call dibs yet on the OT for Season 2? I have never made an OT but I wouldn't mind trying and throwing my name in the ring. Also, Bill Lawrence announced on the Fake Doctor Real Friends podcast that we should be seeing some merch soon right before the launch of season 2. Would love to own a jersey.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Anyone call dibs yet on the OT for Season 2? I have never made an OT but I wouldn't mind trying and throwing my name in the ring. Also, Bill Lawrence announced on the Fake Doctor Real Friends podcast that we should be seeing some merch soon right before the launch of season 2. Would love to own a jersey.

I got an unauthorized Roy Kent jersey which is pretty damn nice for $25 or whatever. Great to see there will finally be some official merchandise.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017

Welp, looks like I'll own a soccer/football jersey soon

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Link me up some Jamie Tart merch, because I'm all about chaos.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not the best OP either, and the TC insulting the show as well.

We should reboot the thread with a better OP for the second season.
No no no, it's literally the most appropriate Ted Lasso OP imaginable and follows the arc of the show! OP started off not liking Ted yet we won the thread over with our perseverance and attitude!

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Most recipes for good food usually involve lots of butter.

You want to know the secret to good southern biscuits? Double the butter of whatever recipe you are using. (Also, freezing the butter before you mix it is also good.)
It's also a shortbread. That basically butter and flour.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Rewatching the season again and this show just breaks my heart again and again. Episode 5 destroys me.

Jesus Rebecca can fucking SING

Last edited:

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Im on episode 3...this show doesn't have a right to be THIS good. It's funny with heart and some genuinely smart writing. Hope it stays this way.

edit: finished ep4. What in the world? How is this show so good and makes me feel happy?

edit 2: episode 8 broke me. I can't believe this show actually made me cry.

Edit 3: just finished. I think this is my favourite new show. I was doubtful as I don't follow sports and definitely not in fiction. But by the end It made me feel so happy and warm and yeah i cried too. Just incredibly intelligent show.

Last edited:

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Im on episode 3...this show doesn't have a right to be THIS good. It's funny with heart and some genuinely smart writing. Hope it stays this way.

edit: finished ep4. What in the world? How is this show so good and makes me feel happy?

edit 2: episode 8 broke me. I can't believe this show actually made me cry.

Edit 3: just finished. I think this is my favourite new show. I was doubtful as I don't follow sports and definitely not in fiction. But by the end It made me feel so happy and warm and yeah i cried too. Just incredibly intelligent show.
Barbecue sauce.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
Finished it this weekend. There wasn't much that I didn't love about the show. It was just excellent from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.